Young player attributes lowering

• Thread starter Thread starter hugsy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 6K

hugsy

Reaction score
Hello,

I have this newgen that reached hes PA 186 with 22 years old, now hes 23 playing always and some attributes got lower? How can that be? The only thing i can think of is if he inst training well...But thats the only reason? One month or two ago hes finished had just raised to 18, and now it went back to 17 along with ball control 18 now.

It just happened to me as well. My newgen was only 18 with 132CA/178PA at the time. Up until it happened, I saw his attributes increasing every month, but then suddenly 90% of his attributes took a dive causing him to lose points here and there. In my case it wasn't the training because every month since they've been steadily climbing again and I haven't changed a thing. And they dropped when the team was on a winning streak and he had "superb" morale.

This is just speculation, but I think SI instituted a checking system to make sure newgens don't get 20s in every category. If this drop didn't happen my player would have a lot of 16s, 17s, and 18s. Hope I helped.

No player can get 20 in every catagory, Messi for example has a PA of 199 out of 200 and he doesn't have 20 in all catagories. This is speculation but I think CA is calculated depending on the relationship between PPM and the position of the player. For example for a defender tackling is an expensive stat so 14 points can be the eqivelant of 30 CA points and the higher the tackling stat for the defender the more CA points it uses. I don't know the exact maths behind it but I think some stats like flair don't take any CA points but other stats like passing and decissions are really costly. This is most noticable when a player is hitting his PA limit.

My guess is that there is a limit to how much a player can grow within a given month and when he levels up a high stat like ball control 18 which could be worth 4 CA the computer takes it away from other stats.But I find that at least once a year some players just don't train so well and you have a word with them. I think it's related to some hidden stats. But I'm speculating.

Now I'm speculating as well but some of the things I *think* I know about CA and PA confuse me.

Now I believe players have set max values for each stat. For example strikers will have low maxes for defensive stats. So these maxes are hidden and I believe just as random as the regen itself.

What confuses me is how CA actually gets calculated. In my Wolves save, Zeli Ismail is currently 107/170. Next I have a regen striker that is 104/174, so very similar CA/PA.
View attachment 244027View attachment 244028
As you can see, the regen has better stats. This leads me to believe that CA isn't just about the cumulative total of the stats.

I don't get it.

But OT, once you hit the PA, stats just don't raise very far. There will be fluctuations though. And when your players start getting older, they're physical attributes will drop and their mental stats go up.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have this newgen that reached hes PA 186 with 22 years old, now hes 23 playing always and some attributes got lower? How can that be? The only thing i can think of is if he inst training well...But thats the only reason? One month or two ago hes finished had just raised to 18, and now it went back to 17 along with ball control 18 now.

Think of the stats as not 17 and 18, but instead 17,49 and 18,51 NOw, if a player is traning as usuall and plays matches, naturally, his stats will go up ( if he is able to get better), but when he gets injuried or misses some matches, gets less training, is out of form or not eing motivated, his stats might drop 0,03 points. This happends all the time and in some cases, when the player is on the edge between having a stat of 17 and 18, then you MIGHT see these changes all the time.

NOw, in this case, where a player has already reached his potenial ability, his stats will still go up or down slightl, but he cannot get a higher CA, soif he trains better in one stat and less good in another, then you will see this changes in stat. Here, you have a fantastic opportunity to train the player in those stats more important to the player and much less in those not needed for the role he playes on the field.

What confuses me is how CA actually gets calculated. In my Wolves save, Zeli Ismail is currently 107/170. Next I have a regen striker that is 104/174, so very similar CA/PA.
View attachment 244027View attachment 244028
As you can see, the regen has better stats. This leads me to believe that CA isn't just about the cumulative total of the stats.

I don't get it.

I don't understand how the attributes are being weighed either. I only know physical stats use up more CA than others, and some attributes (determination, flair, natural fitness) dont use up any CA. Does anyone have a more comprehensive overview or knowing of the stat weights?

I don't understand how the attributes are being weighed either. I only know physical stats use up more CA than others, and some attributes (determination, flair, natural fitness) dont use up any CA. Does anyone have a more comprehensive overview or knowing of the stat weights?

Correct
Its also about what position he playes in along with if he is 2-footed. I dont know if there is an exact guide on the subject. Obviously, its not something that SI would like to release info about as some things we are just meant to find out our selfes

Is there anything i could do to avoid stats getting lower? I mean after the player reaches hes PA the schedule will continue to balance hes stats, so i thought i could re-balance schedule so he can train every atributtes i want him to have higher to stabilize. Does that make sense?

If you make the player reach his peak too soon they will begin an early decline, at least that's what I've found. I was getting my wonderkids in the first team by 18 and by 22/23 they'd have reached close to their potential, and start a slow decline. You can delay it by telling them to train harder, but in my experience it's inevitable. You want to try to slow their progress so they don't burn out, at least aim for them to peak not before 24/25, perhaps later for goalkeepers.

Interestingly I found if you sell the player (I usually do after a few years of oscillating stats, as opposed to increasing stats) then they can sometimes improve a little more due to "finding a new challenge" as my coaches put it, maybe you can postpone this by sending them out on loan to a rival for a year?

Thats great stuff, thanks raikan007, but i have one more question ^^
About this,
3) players who have low morale and are unhappy will miss training and not put in much effort when it comes to training either

So, i red in one of SFraser's posts that players unhappy is a small decrease in player morale, so in a losing team its a problem, but if your team is winning and your player is at superb morale its not a problem.

That fact that the player is unhappy with the schedule workload but hes morale is very high, it is a problem? he will train less? or something like that?

Thx a lot.

Last edited:
Thats great stuff, thanks raikan007, but i have one more question ^^
About this,
3) players who have low morale and are unhappy will miss training and not put in much effort when it comes to training either

So, i red in one of SFraser's posts that players unhappy is a small decrease in player morale, so in a losing team its a problem, but if your team is winning and your player is at superb morale its not a problem.

That fact that the player is unhappy with the schedule workload but hes morale is very high, it is a problem? he will train less? or something like that?

Thx a lot.

it will affect him yes, 99% of the time its too high strength or aerobic training! tone that down a bit :)

Back