• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1K

Barrell_10

Reaction score
Young & Taking On The World
A Barrell_10 Story

26th June 2011

After completing my coaching badges I feel full of life I am now fully qualified to coach at the highest level but the problem is where do I start...I know I will go into local coaching at Youth Level get some experience and move on with my future!

26th June 2012

A year gone and still not managing or getting close to The Football League maybe it's time I gave this up and just move back into a job in IT.

1st July

Been signed off of work for a couple of months for the summer and time for me just to relax, go on holiday and enjoy myself! But first I need to get back home from work so off I go heading for home to book my holiday to Monaco.

I Can't Work With Him!
View attachment 256059

Sky Sources:
Months after entering the job Neil Warnock has realised something is going to stop him and that is the lack of funds from Ken Bates so as Sky Sports understands Neil Warnock has put a resignation into Leeds United and will be leaving in the next couple of days.

3rd July 2012

Today we saw Neil Warnock entering Leeds United as a manager and leaving unemployed as he had this to say about his resignation at Leeds United.

SS: What made you really want to resign from your position at Leeds United?

NW: I just felt that the ongoing project at Leeds United Football Club is too much to handle with such ridiculously low funds, you're going to need about 7m to turn this club around. That is all I have to say on the matter, Goodbye.

7th July 2012

In Monaco and hear the news of the loss of Neil Warnock as he resigned and as a beloved fan for the club I'm devastated but maybe this was a sign was it my time to shine?

I lay in my hotel in Monaco reading the English newspapers knowing that pre-season starts soon and I need a job in management with the likes of Norwich, Tottenham and Leeds looking for managers. Then all of a sudden my Iphone rings.....

Hello is this Sam? I just replied hesitantly 'Yeah'. I have just got off the phone with the people who run the coaching courses all over the world giving great managers the rights to manage and they said you were the best coach they have had their in years so I was wondering how long would it take you to fly out to Monaco and sort this paperwork out? I replied 'I'm in Monaco now but where should I meet you?' On my boat he says and puts the phone down.

I get off the phone puzzled I don't know who that was on the other end of the phone all I knew is that he owned a football club so I will head down to the harbour and see if this was real.

8th July 2012

I arrive at the harbour and there he was a man with a beard like Father Christmas I rubbed my eyes in shock we sat down had a couple of drinks and there and then he brings out his briefcase and slams down a contract for me to sign I then realised what was happening and it said in the top left corner 'Leeds United Football Club'

Last edited:
Leeds United Appoint Barrell as manager

Chairman Ken Bates has taken a huge risk on hiring youngster Sam Barrell as a manager but he feels that Barrell's love for the club will help him thrive under the pressure that comes along with this job as Leeds United is a massive club and always will be because of the history!

We met up with Sam Barrell and he has this to say:

'I obviously as a Leeds fan feel this is the best move for me in my life I wouldn't change this for the world but now I have been appointed we need to sort the squad and staff out as I feel the players at this club are not good enough to meet the needs of the Chairman and the fans and Leeds is a big club which need success and to be back into the Premier League and hopefully I am the man to do this. I know I have been put in at the deep end but I will gain experience from this and being the youngest manager in The Football League I'm hoping to show that any person of any age whether it be young or old can manage a football club'.

View attachment 256456

Leeds United
Est: 1919
Stadium: Elland Road
Capacity: 37,697
Chairman: Ken Bates
Media Prediction: 8th

I have just gotten out of a meeting with the players and staff and I had to mention straight away that there jobs are not secure and some may not be staying on and as for the staff I have sorted out contracts of which I felt needed terminating so my staff should be arriving shortly and we can get the season on the way and make some big summer signings!

NEXT UPDATE: Team Analysis

Last edited:
Back