Youngster automatically turning professional at 15

GSG

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with my recent U18 youth pull/selection - two of the 15-year old players turned professional a few weeks after appearing. The problem is that this happened without my approval and one of the players sucks but gets the contract anyway - for a monthly salary higher than some of my first-11 players.

I tried loading before that and having "U18 contract renewals handled by youth coach" turned off, even managing the U18 team by myself but it always ends up the same - he gets the ridiculous contract immediately at 15 and there´s nothing I can do to prevent it.

I don´t want to fire him but my club is in a difficult financial position already and this only makes it worse. Any idea how I can get in control of this, keep him on the basic youth contract for a few years more and avoid the wasted cash? When I try to get rid of him after he turns professional, no other clubs are interested.

Thanks!

Oh, solved that one already :) He was offered a contract by my youth coach even before I turned off the autorenewal. Suggested him a new contract with salary cut to 1/7 and two years longer, non-negotiable - the guy took it :)