Your All Time Premiership XI

• Thread starter Thread starter Jake
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 4K

Jake

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK so following on from Billy's thread about your current best premiership team, which really frustrated me as i felt there were so many better players to include who either no longer play in England or have retired, I have decided to make my own thread.

Please post the 11 best players that you feel have graced the Premier League, ever. I accept that some of you may be too young to appreciate the magic of some of the players from the early years of the Premier League. Players like Sheringham, Wright, Zola, Le Tissier, Kanchelskis, Cantona etc etc. To see Stuart 'Pyscho' Pearce smash in a free kick with that left foot is something that arguably the modern game lacks.

Post your best 11 in a sensible formation, dont include 4 central midfielders with 2 of them playing wide for example.

So reminisce, think of past heroes, and post your best 11.

Heres mine:

Peter Schmeichel
Gary Neville --- Tony Adams --- Marcell Desailly --- Stuart Pearce

Patrick Vieira --- Roy Keane

Marc Overrmars --------------------------------------- Ryan Giggs
Eric Cantona

Alan Shearer

It was tough to leave out players like Thierry Henry, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Teddy Sherignham, Paul Scholes, Iain Wright, David Beckham, even Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney, JT, Rio etc.

It was hardest to leave out Becks, but Overmars is still the quickest player ive ever seen, he outran everyone during his brief time at Arsenal and prompted Barcelona into bidding £25million for him.

Feel free to comment on my team, and of course, please post your own :)

Last edited:
mine would be virtually the same, as jakes but scholes for vieira

I would replace Keane with Scholes actually. I'm not saying Keane wasn't a top player but I would have Scholes and Vieira over him anyday.

I would also put Beckham ahead of Overmars. As I dont think there has ever been a player with a more accurate pass than Becks.

Schmeichel

Gary Neville...............Jamie Carragher.................John Terry..............Ashley Cole

David Beckham................Patrick Vieira................Ryan Giggs

Eric Cantona

Thierry Henry.........................Alan Shearer

Got a bit stuck with the defence. With the midfield area it was so difficult to leave out players like Fabregas, Keane, Ronaldo but the three mentioned just impressed me so much. Cantona was just about in the years I watched him and I loved him. As for Thierry Henry, he is the best footballer that I have ever seen in my lifetime aswell as Shearer who was possibly the best finisher :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Schemeichal

Gary Neville Jaap Stam Stuart Pearce

David Beckham Roy Keane Paul Scholes Patrick Viera Ryan Giggs

Dennis Bergkamp Eric Cantana

I know im going to get called bias or what ever with this team but seeing as its an "all time Premier League XI" and Manchester United have dominated the premier league era, its only fitting I think

Peter Schmeichel
Gary Neville ---- Sami Hyypia --- Jaap Stam ---- Graeme Le Saux

Patrick Viera ---- Roy Keane

David Beckham ----------------------------------------- Ryan Giggs

Dennis Bergkamp

Thierry Henry

In my team I've gone for the mercurial Graeme Le Saux on the left with the solid, reliable Gary Neville on the right. Sami Hyypia's record speaks for itself, and Jaap Stam is a complete psycho. In midfield I've gone for the same steel and strength as Jake, with Vieira and Keane a formidable pairing. On the right I've reunited the profitable Neville - Beckham partnership, and on the left simply the best winger the Prem has seen in Ryan Giggs. Upfront, one of the greatest players the world has seen in Dennis Bergkamp is reunited with his classy, pacey partner in crime Thierry Henry. How the **** I haven't managed to shoehorn Scholes into there I'll never know, but I've tried to go for a balanced side.

This is assuming, of course, that Jaap Stam doesn't end up nutting one of his own teammates and Vieira and Keane stop slapping at each other long enough to actually play some football.

Last edited:
So far at least, everyone agrees that Schmeichel is the best premier league goalie ever.

So far at least, everyone agrees that Schmeichel is the best premier league goalie ever.

110% mate. not just the premier league but one of the best goalkeepers ever to play the game in my opinion.

My Dad believes Shilton is the best ever, followed by Banks.

But Schmeichel is te best in my lifetime by some way.

Schmeichel
Ashly Cole Tony Adams Sol Campbell Gary Neville

Patrick Vieria <3

Ryan Giggs Marc Overmars

Dennis Bergkamp Alan Shearer Thierry Henry​

From the seasons I remember, since when I started following the Premiership, seeing as it was founded the year I was born, I only really followed the last 8 or 9 seasons at all. A little Arsenal bias as well :p

--------------------Seaman-------------------------
Neville---Adams-----Campbell-----A.Cole
Beckham---P. Viera---Giggs----Ronaldo
------------Bergkamp--- T.Henry-------------

Notable mentions to Van Nilsteroy, Rooney, Gerrard, Scholes, Cantana and Keane....

Peter Schmeichel

Lee Dixon Sami Hyypia Jaap Stam Denis Irwin

Roy Keane

Steven Gerrard

David Beckham Ryan Giggs

Eric Cantona
Alan Shearer

Last edited:
As I have never seen Cantona play except on Youtube...My strike prefernce will be Henry and Bergkamp,what a partnership they were,never seen anything like them before

As I have never seen Cantona play except on Youtube...My strike prefernce will be Henry and Bergkamp,what a partnership they were,never seen anything like them before

Cole and Yorke wern't bad either.

Peter Schmeichel
Gary Neville---Vidic---Adams---Pearce
Keane
Beckham---Giggs
Gerrard
Henry---Cantona

Peter Schmeichel
Gary Neville - Tony Adams - Jaap Stam - Nigel Winterburn
Patrick Vieira
Paul Scholes - Frank Lampard
Thierry Henry --------------------------------------- Marc Overmars
Alan Shearer

Many people will question my decision to put Frank Lampard into my line-up, but I honestly can't think of any midfielder as free scoring as him.

Peter Schmeichel
Gary Neville - Tony Adams - Jaap Stam - Nigel Winterburn
Patrick Vieira
Paul Scholes - Frank Lampard
Thierry Henry --------------------------------------- Marc Overmars
Alan Shearer​

Many people will question my decision to put Frank Lampard into my line-up, but I honestly can't think of any midfielder as free scoring as him.

I cant say I agree with your choice of Lampard although I do love him but there was no better Midfielder in the last 5 or so Seasons before last Season that Steven Gerrard

schmeichel
gary neville tony adams jaap stam ashley cole

c ronaldo steven gerrard patrick viera ryan giggs

alan shearer thierry henry

manager sir alex ferguson

Last edited:
Back