teammfmjamie

Reaction score
Been playing around with a three man midfield for my tactic, either 2 cm with 1 dm, 1 cm with 2 dm, or just 3 cm's, and have been having fun trying out all the different player roles, so I was wondering what your guys favourite combinations are? I know theres a topic with "best combinations" ages ago, but personal preference etc, etc...

I know a lot of people say a ball winner is a must, and I've been toying between that and an anchor man for the dm, a box to box midfielder is probably essential for me, my favourite position, I also tried out an advanced playmaker but that didn't really help much, if at all, so switched to a roaming playmaker and thats been outstanding.

So for me, anchor man/ball winning midfielder (dm), box to box midfielder (cm) and a roaming playmaker (cm)

Just wondering what seems to work best for everyone else.

Been playing around with a three man midfield for my tactic, either 2 cm with 1 dm, 1 cm with 2 dm, or just 3 cm's, and have been having fun trying out all the different player roles, so I was wondering what your guys favourite combinations are? I know theres a topic with "best combinations" ages ago, but personal preference etc, etc...

I know a lot of people say a ball winner is a must, and I've been toying between that and an anchor man for the dm, a box to box midfielder is probably essential for me, my favourite position, I also tried out an advanced playmaker but that didn't really help much, if at all, so switched to a roaming playmaker and thats been outstanding.

So for me, anchor man/ball winning midfielder (dm), box to box midfielder (cm) and a roaming playmaker (cm)

This might sound worse than it's meant, but generic questions like these almost always end up with the same generic answer. It depends on your system (the rest of the players too) and the players you have.

For you to have success with that combination, you'd need aggressive roles for your front 3 to make up for the fact that you don't have a runner/someone consistently attacking the box.

I've had successes with quite a few combinations. The only consistency in mine, was the D, S and A duty split between the 3.

I found the best roles to suit my Newcastle team were defensive midfielder (d) cm(s) and cm(a). Defensive midfielder holds as the full backs push forward, the cm(s) is an easy passing option and keeps the ball moving. The cm(a) is the runner and scores a ton of goals, I had moussa sissoko playing here and he was an animal.