Your summer signings...

• Thread starter Thread starter Frutty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2K

Frutty

Reaction score
So the summer's coming up, your club are more than likely to delve into the transfer window- what would you do if you were the manager? Which players would you sell, which players would you look to sign?

I could name loads but to sell:

Lovenkrands- Not up to the Premier League.
Williamson- Just not good enough at that level.
Routledge- I wouldn't bother taking the risk.

We do need an extra Goalie, backup central defender, right back, right midfielder, centre midfielder and 2 strikers at least!

Last edited:
We do need an extra Goalie, backup central defender, right back, right midfielder, centre midfielder and 2 strikers at least!

So that's why I called this thread "Your summer signings", mate, I wanted to see what players would you sign. :P

i would sell ballack,belletti,carvalho,ferriera,hilario,disanto and deco. and i would bring in either aguero/pato/torres/dzeko, and proberly micah richards and either joao moutinho or marik hamsik.

dzeko priority, and if we have any money left, try for hamsik. sell berbs only if we had to balance the books.

I could name loads to but but to sell:

Lovenkrands- Not up to the Premier League.
Williamson- Just not good enough at that level.
Routledge- I wouldn't bother taking the risk.

he just joined, no way will hughton let him go, unless hughton just signed him so boro wouldn't get him lol

he just joined, no way will hughton let him go, unless hughton just signed him so boro wouldn't get him lol

I just think he'll fail though I agree that he won't let him go.

Maybe Larsson, Hart, Martins?

^^ Dunno, just wanted to see what would you do if you were in Manager role.

That's what I thought.. but wasn't too sure.

Even so;
I'd try and bring in Higuain or Benzema - both young goalscorers that can be moulded into United's style of play. Also an attack minded central midfielder, someone like Miralem Pjanic or Marek Hamsik. Also a consistent right back, someone like Lahm. Also a goalkeeper, preferably Akinfeev.

I'd sell Carrick as I feel he has reached his peak and we could still get some decent money for him and Tosic should probably leave aswell. One of either Macheda or Welbeck should go out on loan, as I understand it, it will be Welbeck as he is back in discussions with Preston. Sell one of either Foster or Kuszcak and also if need be and a good bid comes in for one of them, Berbatov or Owen could leave aswell.

i would sell ballack,belletti,carvalho,ferriera,hilario,disanto and deco. and i would bring in either aguero/pato/torres/dzeko, and proberly micah richards and either joao moutinho or marik hamsik.

di santo is only young and hasnt even had a chance at the first team let i think ancelotti should see how well he performs before thinking about selling him

i hope ferguson bring in yaya sanogo but i know man united top target is david silva so i be happy

Spartans Out's -

Simon Todd (already gone suposidly)
Neal Hooks
John Alexander
Mark Bell
John Brakstone

just not good enough :/

Hopefull In's -

Phil Cave LB
Grame Armstrong CF
Mark Cook GK
Jamie Harwood RM
Dan Riley CF

Can't name the ammount of pish i'd sell if i was Celtic manager as for keeps i'd keep
Boruc, McGeady and the rest... well... cya

Routledge has a lot to prove at Premier League level - Hughton signed him at a time when he was more or less odds on to be promoted. Routledge did well for us, and he's a much more rounded player than when he was playing at Spurs and Villa. I'd give him a chance

Williamson should be a squad player at best. Agree on Lovenkrands - if Martins was available, I'd be tempted to have him back. He's another with something to prove, and Hughton seems to get the best out of players with something to prove. I haven't worked out why we signed Leon Best, though.

Andy Johnson?

Why does everyone say their team should sign palyers who are good on FM? oO)

Anyway, first things first we need to sort the keeper situation out. Without Hart we have nobody anywhere near the standard of a top half premier league side, personally I think Asmir Begovic will be a good bet, at Pompey he was great, but now he's playing at Stoke he rarely gets a shot in the first team. Another alternative is Kasper Schmeichel for backup, at the beginning of the 2007/8 season he really showed promise for City and a great year at Notts County really underlines his class. The centre of defence looks really like it's one of the best we've had in years so that doesn't need any drastic change but maybe we could bring in a more versatile defender for cover, in that situation I think Paul Scharner would be a good bet. At full back we need new players on both flanks, Carr however good he is, is getting on and bar him Parnaby is really our only out-and-out right back but with his injury problems he can't be really relied on as a long term replacement. Personally I would like to see James Perch from Forest in a Blues shirt, he has shown this year that he never fails to put 100% in and those are the players we need to carry on our together attitude. Aswell as that he is another versatile defender and can play at centre half so I reckon he is a must buy as backup, and in the future possibly a very solid player. Onto midfield, the centre of the park has really been one of our strongest assets this year, Ferguson and Bowyer are at times immaculate never putting a single foot wrong, like the Carr situation; they are also getting old and we need to start looking into the future, this is where I hope Carson can support us with the cash, we really need a top quality midfielder who can dominate the game, I think that Craig Gardner in the future will become a key player as the game against Wolves really showed what kind of impact he can make on a game. Super Seb however this season hasn't really impress me, while I don't think we should sell him due to his quality from set-pieces we need to look for better options on the right wing, this midfield area is gonna be tough for us to ind the player we need but one player I think will definitely benefit us is Jimmy Bullard. He is the kind of player I was talking about, he is technically great and can put in a very good physical battle if it's needed. But with his injury troubles we need to look for more back-up. I can't at the moment think of a player that can fit us but if Cardiff fail promotion through the players, whether he is ex-scum or not; Peter Whittingham looks brilliant! He scored a beauty against us last season and I think he is an outsider as the championship's best player! More than 20 goals from midfield is something special. Up front we really need to improve, at first I think we need to secure Chucho on a long term deal, he brings something to the team nobody else does, however, I feel that we shouldn't overpay the original price, maybe half of the amount that was rumoured we paid for him last Summer. We need a good finisher as Phillips can't cut any decent period of time in a game, if we're going to keep him it has to be a last-resort impact sub. To replace him I hope that the Kris Boyd contract talks have gone through, whatever anybody say's about him not being able to cut it in England, you can't lose the ability to finish chances overnight. We just need the player to put the final touch on moves for us to finish off chances, the thing that sadly Chucho and Cameron fail at doing. We also need another quick, skillful striker. Much like Chucho, altough it seems unlikely, I would love to see Zarate back at St. Andrew's, with Lazio's financial situation and Zarate's lacklustre season I think it could be far more likely than I expect.

Out:
Silvestre,denilson,fabianski

In:
Hart,Lloris or buffon
Subotic or Cahill
Hazard
Dzeko
Parker or defour
Chamakh(already a done deal really)

Allthough i realise a lot of these are unlikely but this is what i would do

Why does everyone say their team should sign palyers who are good on FM? oO)

Anyway, first things first we need to sort the keeper situation out. Without Hart we have nobody anywhere near the standard of a top half premier league side, personally I think Asmir Begovic will be a good bet, at Pompey he was great, but now he's playing at Stoke he rarely gets a shot in the first team. Another alternative is Kasper Schmeichel for backup, at the beginning of the 2007/8 season he really showed promise for City and a great year at Notts County really underlines his class. The centre of defence looks really like it's one of the best we've had in years so that doesn't need any drastic change but maybe we could bring in a more versatile defender for cover, in that situation I think Paul Scharner would be a good bet. At full back we need new players on both flanks, Carr however good he is, is getting on and bar him Parnaby is really our only out-and-out right back but with his injury problems he can't be really relied on as a long term replacement. Personally I would like to see James Perch from Forest in a Blues shirt, he has shown this year that he never fails to put 100% in and those are the players we need to carry on our together attitude. Aswell as that he is another versatile defender and can play at centre half so I reckon he is a must buy as backup, and in the future possibly a very solid player. Onto midfield, the centre of the park has really been one of our strongest assets this year, Ferguson and Bowyer are at times immaculate never putting a single foot wrong, like the Carr situation; they are also getting old and we need to start looking into the future, this is where I hope Carson can support us with the cash, we really need a top quality midfielder who can dominate the game, I think that Craig Gardner in the future will become a key player as the game against Wolves really showed what kind of impact he can make on a game. Super Seb however this season hasn't really impress me, while I don't think we should sell him due to his quality from set-pieces we need to look for better options on the right wing, this midfield area is gonna be tough for us to ind the player we need but one player I think will definitely benefit us is Jimmy Bullard. He is the kind of player I was talking about, he is technically great and can put in a very good physical battle if it's needed. But with his injury troubles we need to look for more back-up. I can't at the moment think of a player that can fit us but if Cardiff fail promotion through the players, whether he is ex-scum or not; Peter Whittingham looks brilliant! He scored a beauty against us last season and I think he is an outsider as the championship's best player! More than 20 goals from midfield is something special. Up front we really need to improve, at first I think we need to secure Chucho on a long term deal, he brings something to the team nobody else does, however, I feel that we shouldn't overpay the original price, maybe half of the amount that was rumoured we paid for him last Summer. We need a good finisher as Phillips can't cut any decent period of time in a game, if we're going to keep him it has to be a last-resort impact sub. To replace him I hope that the Kris Boyd contract talks have gone through, whatever anybody say's about him not being able to cut it in England, you can't lose the ability to finish chances overnight. We just need the player to put the final touch on moves for us to finish off chances, the thing that sadly Chucho and Cameron fail at doing. We also need another quick, skillful striker. Much like Chucho, altough it seems unlikely, I would love to see Zarate back at St. Andrew's, with Lazio's financial situation and Zarate's lacklustre season I think it could be far more likely than I expect.

I agree 100% with that.

Outs:
Reo-Coker
Petrov

Ins:
Kevin Doyle (Natural Goalscorer)
Stephen Ireland
Aiden McGeady
And a RB, not sure who though.

We've also been linked with Robbie Keane but I wouldn't really want him to be honest.

Celtic already know that they need a massive clear out, so saying who we'd need to sell wouldn't exactly help us.

What we need is a good young keeper since Boruc isn't getting any younger and Zaluska won't be able to fill those shoes. Also a really good striker, well, really good for SPL standards. That's all the transfers we need. Everything else needs to be up to our youth system. Hope we don't sell Filip Twardzik, really good prospect from what I seen at the Youth Cup Final.

Back