Your thoughts on Portsmouth's buys in the window?

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 1K

Max

Reaction score
Well, I'm a Portsmouth supporter, and in last couple of days we've been linked with a lot of players, so far there's been 2 loan signings, Frederic Piquionne and Anthony Vanden Borre. Piquionne looks good enough for the premier league in my opinion, I haven't seen much of Vanden Borre, apparently he's rated quite highly in Italy. Also there's been signings yesterday of Tommy Smith from Watford, I'm not to sure about this buy, he'll provide depth and cover on wings and upfront, but I'm not sure if he can make it in the premier league. And also today, the signings of Michael Brown from Wigan and Kevin Prince Boateng from Spurs, Brown seems good enough, haven't seen much of Boateng. Also then there is the on-going thing with Aruna Dindane, apparently passed a medical on Wednesday, but still not confirmed, I'm not sure if this is because of international clearance or something? So basically I want to know what all you lot think of Portsmouth's buys, and most importantly their sells, players like Johnson, Crouch and Distin all leaving are major blows, do you think they can stay up, my guess is at the moment is a no sadly :( Your views? :)

Well on the form they have shown the answer is no, they have sold there best players and are gona have to pay for it, luckily for them they have some investment and seem to be buying/loaning players now, In my opionion its to late and the players they are taking in dont replace the players they have sold. Only my opinion though.

I agree with that, we've just got Dindane who is a class striker so a bit of help there :P Also O'Hara coming on loan apparently

He would be class for pompey, but i thiink spurs may miss him, he gets stuck in and that is what pompey need as they are gonna be in a struggle down there.

I will be gutted if O'Hara leaves us, loan or not.

Big fan of his. Has the loan been confirmed, or just speculation so far?

Yeah, Hart seems to know what he is doing in the transfer market, although I don't really agree with the buy of Tommy Smith, but lets just see if he can do anything special this season, it will be great to see all of the players on Sky Sports on sunday against Man City, a draw would be great, a win would be brilliant :)

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

O'Hara is in talks over a loan move, I think it would be beneficial for him in my opinion, he wont get in the team this year if the likes of Palacios and Jenas stay fit

Portsmouth just escaped relegation last year and that was with their key players like crouch, distin and johnson. They've brought in some decent players but sadly i can't see them staying up

Jenas isn't fit though, and yes he will. He plays on the left as well as the centre, one of the few able-left players that we have, to be honest.

I think it'll be a big loss for us. He will get more games at Pompey though, just surprised that Redknapp would let him go.

Personally i thin Tommy Smith will just be anbother David Nugent, hopefully he can prove me wrong.

The O'Hara deal is until the of December, and I just found out Dindane's move is a season long loan with view to a permanent move :| We are scared to pay out money, even if we paid 4m for boateng.

Alright, so only a short-term loan then... but still, I'd have liked to keep him. I think he'll be a great player for you guys personally.

Jenas isn't fit though, and yes he will. He plays on the left as well as the centre, one of the few able-left players that we have, to be honest.

I think it'll be a big loss for us. He will get more games at Pompey though, just surprised that Redknapp would let him go.

Bale, Benlty, Modric are all better in my opinion

Bale, Benlty, Modric are all better in my opinion

I agree that Bale is better, but for some reason he never gets played by Redknapp, not even in his native Left-Back.

Bentley plays better on the right, but I still rate O'Hara over him based on work rate. Bentley can pick out a decent pass, but I think O'Hara's overall game is better.

As for Modric, he plays better centrally. Which is why we need someone else on the left side of the field, so we can play Modric in his suited position, centre attack-mid.

Well, I'm a Portsmouth supporter, and in last couple of days we've been linked with a lot of players, so far there's been 2 loan signings, Frederic Piquionne and Anthony Vanden Borre. Piquionne looks good enough for the premier league in my opinion, I haven't seen much of Vanden Borre, apparently he's rated quite highly in Italy. Also there's been signings yesterday of Tommy Smith from Watford, I'm not to sure about this buy, he'll provide depth and cover on wings and upfront, but I'm not sure if he can make it in the premier league. And also today, the signings of Michael Brown from Wigan and Kevin Prince Boateng from Spurs, Brown seems good enough, haven't seen much of Boateng. Also then there is the on-going thing with Aruna Dindane, apparently passed a medical on Wednesday, but still not confirmed, I'm not sure if this is because of international clearance or something? So basically I want to know what all you lot think of Portsmouth's buys, and most importantly their sells, players like Johnson, Crouch and Distin all leaving are major blows, do you think they can stay up, my guess is at the moment is a no sadly :( Your views? :)

Post in the right area please, This is FM2010 discussion and you are clearly talking about real life situation.

I've heard in a newspaper today that O'Hara and Boateng can't play today for Portsmouth against Manchester City because they didn't sign in time. Anyone else seen this around?

Back