Youth Intake Always Brings Good PA Players in Same Positions

• Thread starter Thread starter elfrysi13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8K

elfrysi13

Reaction score
Help! So I've been playing through several seasons, and every year, the players with the best PA are always CM, CAM, GK, and occasionally a defensive player. Even when I save just before the youth intake and reload several times (which I did to test it out when I noticed the pattern), it holds true. I haven't gotten a single good striker or winger. Is this just a glitch?

Probably just random. I've had a couple very good full backs come through, along with one or 2 top class midfielders and a goalkeeper that broke into the first team at 16 years of age. No top class wingers or strikers though.

I'm thinking it might also have something to do with the coaches I have at my club? Since they apparently have a bit of influence on the types of players brought in, although that might just effect personality.

at least they bring you good players.. For me i never get one who has more than 3 stars.

Its based, in part at least, on the preferences of the staff member responsible for finding and bringing in the Youth Intake. So if you want wide players, find yourself a coach with those preferences and a good mental outlook and set him that responsibility. Also, taking a coach from a nation with a good record in producing players is rumoured to help slightly as well.

i honestly believe even if you have the highest youth recruitment its random. e.g first season with plymouth i have below average youth recruitment and a ****** HOYD i pull 16yr old striker with stats good enuuf for the PL and im in league two

i honestly believe even if you have the highest youth recruitment its random. e.g first season with plymouth i have below average youth recruitment and a ****** HOYD i pull 16yr old striker with stats good enuuf for the PL and im in league two

It's down to chance, but extensive youth recruitment and a good HOYD gives you a higher chance of getting players with high potential. Add high junior coaching, and you also have a higher chance of players with high CA. That doesn't mean you can't be unlucky and get **** players though. In your case, you have a higher chance of getting mediocre players, but there's still a chance of a world class talent.

It's down to chance, but extensive youth recruitment and a good HOYD gives you a higher chance of getting players with high potential. Add high junior coaching, and you also have a higher chance of players with high CA. That doesn't mean you can't be unlucky and get **** players though. In your case, you have a higher chance of getting mediocre players, but there's still a chance of a world class talent.

i know what you mean but what are the chances of pulling this guy...

i know what you mean but what are the chances of pulling this guy...

Hard to say without knowing his CA/PA at the time of the intake, the exact 1-20 rating of your facilities at the time, the attributes of your HOYD, the algorithms that determine youth intake, and so on.

It's chance, but not blind chance. In your case you were probably lucky, but I think most of us have had bad players come through even with top facilities and the best HOYDs in the game. It's a weighted lottery basically. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. All you can do is improve your chances slightly, and cross your fingers.

Back