Youth Intake Scope

• Thread starter Thread starter cato205
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3K

cato205

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the scope of the youth intake is determined in terms of nationalities of the youth players?

I have Extensive youth recruitment but I only ever seem to get English/Welsh players within the intake of players. I'm in 2020/21 and have seen some other youth nationalities but they are very rare. I can only really remember two or three non UK nationalities within the youth intake. (Portuguese and Mexican/American).

Is there anyway to improve the scope of the youth intake? I thought maybe having youth coaches with high "Working with Youngsters" with different scouting knowledge but this doesn't seem to make a difference in my game.

I'm Everton in season 20/21 (as I said before) and the highest reputation in the world if that makes any difference.

It's mainly because you're an English club, most English clubs have English players in their youth ranks. The non UK ones are usually brought from abroad. Of course you still get the minority of other countries but it won't be more than the amount of English players there are since theoretically in England you get mostly English players (even though it isn't true in real life).

If you have Mexican youth coaches you'll get one or two Mexican players pop up in your system eventually. I am Cardiff and have thierry Henry as my youth coach and I get at least once french Regen a season.

I think your staff play a part as well

i think it has to do with your scouts nationality as well

If you have Mexican youth coaches you'll get one or two Mexican players pop up in your system eventually. I am Cardiff and have thierry Henry as my youth coach and I get at least once french Regen a season.

Thanks, I have a lot of varied staff of different nationalities. Would be good to find out any definitive information regarding it. I know the youth intake would still be predominantly English/Welsh but it would still be good for it to be more common.

Out of my backroom staff (inc Scouts), I have 10 Brazilian, 2 English, 5 French, 4 Italian and other nationalities including Portuguese, Spanish, German, Nigerian, Argentinian, Dutch, Croatian, Zimbabwean so I have a fairly wide range of nationalities.

Would also be good if you could set up affiliated clubs in other nations whereby they could send youngsters to your youth intake. It doesn't have to be every year or have to include a lot of players. So for example, I could have an affiliate with C.D Olimpia so they could send their prospects over during the youth intake for a trial. I know you can do it manually and just check the teams during the regen dates but this would save time and would be the point of the affiliated club.

I think they have to be YOUTH coaches for it to take affect though - not just coaches. Just to clarify.

Back