Youth intake

• Thread starter Thread starter lex19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5K

lex19

Reaction score
Im manager of Red Star in Serbia now for 5 season and i always get crappy players from youth intake even tho i have extensive youth recruitment + exceptional junior coaching + state of art youth academy.
Also i spent over 5m euros on youth setup and i never got player with more then 3.5 stars in potential... In real life im sure that Red Star spend much less then 5 m on youth setup but they created some world class players like Nemanja Vidic, Dejan Stankovic....
So im wondering does somebody else who manage in some not so popular league have this problem also...
sry for my English

The initial potential ratings aren't always accurate for regens. Yeah, your youth intake might show someone with 3-3.5 potential, but if you train them up right, they can hit 4 stars or higher.

well maybe u are right but the problem is even if my best regen get 5+ in every attribute he will not be good to be my 4th best player on any position... btw my team is not so good... the best regen so far is my 6th striker in his 4th season and i play formation with 1 strike :D

Last edited:
I know how you feel. It does seem very rare to get a really talented youth player in your setup, but I guess this reflects real life. Think of all the youth players that teams go through to find one star. I am playing as Arsenal (7th season) and I did a little test on this. I saved the day before the new intake a kept reloading to see how long it would take to get a possible future star. About 9 or 10 attempts, but he was also injury prone. There's always a downside to them. :S

You know, good coaches plays a key role. Sign some good youth coaches ( not just with high rating for working with.., they need to have other attributes high as well).

And you gotta remember, if you have your youngster in the right training programs, right coaches, right tutoring, loan to the right teams, and get him a ton of first team experience, they can and most likely will surpass their initial potential rating. I've actually had plenty of players that I got with potential's of 2.5-3 stars, and developed them just right and they ended up hitting 4-4.5 stars. Never even seen a 5 star player before(Besides Messi and Ronaldo). At least 5 star in the top tier leagues (Barclay's PL, La Liga, Serie A)

it the same issue for all. but in all calamity, it be one day be a lucky day for you when you get a player with 3.5 star potential coming from ur club :)

You can also just rob best young players in others serbian team.

Back