Youth Player Potential

• Thread starter Thread starter timmsy123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3K

timmsy123

Reaction score
If you want to get the best out of your young talent and make sure they develop to their full potential what is the best way to go about it? What i mean by this is, at what age should you keep them at your club training on specific schedules, at what age should they simply be playing reserve team football, between what ages should they be loaned out for first team football elsewhere and when you should you start including them in first team squads as subs and that?

get the best working with youngster coaches, also make sure you dont overtrain them as they are still kids and will get ****** and will play up, try and run them out in the cup for a half or so, i made a massive mistake with stephan el shaarawy, on my friends 2016 save hes on his leeds team and hes the best player in the world, and i bought him, hes been sat on the bench and hes a championship player, run outs are so important

if a player is of outstanding quality then ehs good enough no matter how old he is imo

but as a rule, lets say you acquire the player aged 167/17. i would stick him in your u18s and also make him available for reserves. start him in league cup games and also some fa cup against much poorer sides. use him from the bench in a handful of league games, especially off the back of a good performance for the reserves.

next season, same again, but only in the reserves, no youth football. play him in more league games.

next season is a difficult one. its either loan time if you think hes developed enough, or stick to last seasons schedule with a bit more game time.

next season is either loan time again (or first loan if he stayed at the club in the previous season)

if he impresses on loan then the time comes when you need to start playign him as a first team regular or he will stagnate

also, tutor him with an experienced pro who plays in his position

What about loans? Surely first team football elsewhere is better than benching it all the time? I've got Haruna at Utd whos not playing much if at all, and Sergio Canales to?

if a player is of outstanding quality then ehs good enough no matter how old he is imo

but as a rule, lets say you acquire the player aged 167/17. i would stick him in your u18s and also make him available for reserves. start him in league cup games and also some fa cup against much poorer sides. use him from the bench in a handful of league games, especially off the back of a good performance for the reserves.

next season, same again, but only in the reserves, no youth football. play him in more league games.

next season is a difficult one. its either loan time if you think hes developed enough, or stick to last seasons schedule with a bit more game time.

next season is either loan time again (or first loan if he stayed at the club in the previous season)

if he impresses on loan then the time comes when you need to start playign him as a first team regular or he will stagnate

also, tutor him with an experienced pro who plays in his position

Thanks thats helped alot, im United and i've bought a hat full of youngters with my budget and needed to know what to do with them:

View attachment 27061

just one thing, you semed to have loaned quite a few out already, ie some to hearts.

are they all loaned to clubs in active leagues? ie can you manage hearts?

if a team isnt in an active league then i often find that the player doesnt develop as matches are only simulated for fitness, no real league games take place.

i try and find good league 1 and champioship clubs for my players to go to, so i dont have to worry about having loads of leagues active and slowing my computer

I loaned them out automatically thinking it would be good for them without knowing what you said before so i was considering recalling some, Hearts are a feeder club and Scotland is an active leave and there stats seem to be improving steadily :)

thats fine then, the one that always catches me out is antwerp as i never laod the belgian leagues!

I havent loaded Belgian leagues come to think of it but there stats are improving slighlty, i'm in january now might recall them and send them to someone British

With the best ones I integrate them slowly into the first team, and also give them a tutor. When choosing a tutor, choose one that is a similar type of player to the youngster, which will maximize the right stats usually. also, get a good training schedule. Any quality youth I have I put straight in the reserves rather than the u18s, as the matches are more competitive. Also, loan only to active league clubs, as they will develop better.

Back