Youth Question

• Thread starter Thread starter FM2014Fan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

FM2014Fan

Reaction score
My question is if i say take my 4.0 + yellow star youth intake player and play him on my U18 lets say i start my game July 2014 so i wouldnt get my Youth Intake team until Feb/March 2015... If i play that youth on my U18 all of 2015-2016 and then on my U21 2016-2017 is it good for a youth player to do that.. Basically what i am doing is having my Under 18 squad just 15/16 maybe a few 17 yr olds who need that extra time to develop then my U21 18-20 players and then my plan is to have the Youth intake player by age of 18 to be playing with the main squad. The reason why i do it this way is because i dont want to rush the player into my main squad.

Would this little 2 yr development plan come in as a 15/16 and be on the main squad by 18 be a good idea? specially playing in the lowest league in England?

In a decent side, with above average coaching & facilities i would agree that it is better for a youngsters development to ease them through the junior squads before giving them a shot at the first team.

However at the bottom level with, my guess, crappy facilities & coaching a young player might be better off in the first team, assuming he is good enough, as experience will probably benefit him more then your coaching staff will.

Just my opinion. :)

I keep an eye on their performances in U18 match. If they average 7.5+ over a 5 match period; I move them up a level.
If a player is getting 6.5-; I move them down a level.

A player playing well at a low level gets more benefit than playing badly at a high level.

That is a very good point brendn makes as well, good form = good development!

I keep an eye on their performances in U18 match. If they average 7.5+ over a 5 match period; I move them up a level.
If a player is getting 6.5-; I move them down a level.

A player playing well at a low level gets more benefit than playing badly at a high level.

Thanks for the suggestion guys... as far as your tip above... are you looking at the overall in the history tab or the previous 5 Matches tab?

To early in a players career to be looking at his history.

Go to the Player: Click Reports/Form and look at the key stats. Attributes tell you what he can do... but is he actually doing it? Never give a player game time until they prove they are actually delivering on their ability.

If he's clearly out-preforming at that level; move him up and see how he fares at a higher level.
Star ratings mean nothing to me. I trust the stats, not the stars! :P

Back