Youth Scouting - Any tips

• Thread starter Thread starter wicksyFM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6K
W

wicksyFM

I was wondering how you guys scout youth players. Trying to gather some opinions on the best ways.
Do you scout nations, regions or competitions.
What instructions do you give scouts.
Im having a tough time trying to find youth players. i have been scouting nations and my scouts have never returned a report for a player under 17.
I have also noticed that most youth players have a current ability of 4 or 4.5 silver stars. So scouts will not find these players because you can only give them the instruction of 0.5 gold stars CA when setting up their assignments.
I have also read that a players reputation affects if a scout will spot them. Low rep means harder to spot. This does seem true on my save because my scouts only seem to spot 17 or 18 year olds who have some international youth experience.
Any tips on setting up assignments would be appreciated guys

Thanks

You need more defined scouting assignments. It's unlikely that you'll find the next 17 yo hot prospect by scouting a broad an area as an entire region/nation. In short, scout competitions.

Easiest way is too check youth recruitment day by going world, transfers then youth recruitment. Do this every month to see which countries have got dem tasty new regens.

You need more defined scouting assignments. It's unlikely that you'll find the next 17 yo hot prospect by scouting a broad an area as an entire region/nation. In short, scout competitions.

Im starting to do this now. Makes sense really. Scouting youth leagues and international youth comps. How would you scout youth prospects for nations you dont have loaded. I can scout all the major youth leagues in europe but what about eastern europe. i dont have serbia etc loaded. Would you go region or nation.
I have set my assignment up for ages 15-17 to get them while young and potential of 4 star ability. I dont want to be filtering through hundreds of 3 star players. its very time consuming

Easiest way is too check youth recruitment day by going world, transfers then youth recruitment. Do this every month to see which countries have got dem tasty new regens.

i have done this before. it does work. i find it takes ages. i am getting a bit fed up of searching for players. im searching more than actually playing games. i want my scouts to do it for me. so trying to find a way to get best out of them

Im starting to do this now. Makes sense really. Scouting youth leagues and international youth comps. How would you scout youth prospects for nations you dont have loaded. I can scout all the major youth leagues in europe but what about eastern europe. i dont have serbia etc loaded. Would you go region or nation.
I have set my assignment up for ages 15-17 to get them while young and potential of 4 star ability. I dont want to be filtering through hundreds of 3 star players. its very time consuming
That's one of the advantages of loading more leagues.

You're not going to find many (any?) regens (I'd have thought) by making 4 stars the minimum for regens that young. If it's time consuming, it should be. It's not difficult if you want to 'filter' through them. Sort by stars (PA or Recommendation) and Bob is your father's brother.

i have done this before. it does work. i find it takes ages. i am getting a bit fed up of searching for players. im searching more than actually playing games. i want my scouts to do it for me. so trying to find a way to get best out of them

Only problem if you have a good team already is that even if they, search competitions and you send your scout etc. Unless it is a regen that has like 180plus pa then they will be like we found no regens good enough for the team. So i have to manually sesrch for them which can be tedious.

That's one of the advantages of loading more leagues.

You're not going to find many (any?) regens (I'd have thought) by making 4 stars the minimum for regens that young. If it's time consuming, it should be. It's not difficult if you want to 'filter' through them. Sort by stars (PA or Recommendation) and Bob is your father's brother.

I set up an assignment using ages 15-17 and 4 star PA using serginho to scout brazil under 20s league. Couple of weeks game time he has found these two. So clearly scouting comps is the best bet.View attachment 235571

Never found anything close to that scouting nations and regions

I wasn't sure whether 4 star minimum PA included black stars too. Not bad.

I wasn't sure whether 4 star minimum PA included black stars too. Not bad.

I was including black stars too. I find when you scout them again the stars can drop. So 4 stars (black included) can become 3 star PA. So scouting 4 stars doesnt completely eliminate 3 star players. Thats my theory anyway.
What are your thoughts on silver star current ability. They seem impossible for scouts to find because you cant set the current ability that low for your scouts

For regens that young, I don't care about their CA. I check attribute distribution and PA after scouting thoroughly.

For regens that young, I don't care about their CA. I check attribute distribution and PA after scouting thoroughly.

I agree that looking for youngsters CA is not important as they wont be first team.
I found this player manually scouting youngsters at Arsenal de Sarandi. My scouts would never find him because his current ability is 5 silver stars. You cant select silver stars when setting up assignments. I find this frustrating.View attachment 235213

I agree that looking for youngsters CA is not important as they wont be first team.
I found this player manually scouting youngsters at Arsenal de Sarandi. My scouts would never find him because his current ability is 5 silver stars. You cant select silver stars when setting up assignments. I find this frustrating.View attachment 929465
What did the scout report say about his CA?

Good player for most League 1 Sides.
Potential to be a leading Premier League Player
But the scout report was what? Gold or silver stars?

I'll save you the trouble. Scouts compare players to your first team, therefore only gold stars will be used. Players who are clearly ****, will be half a star CA. Once they join your club, they are now rated against your entire club, youth team included. Now they'll 'drop' down to whatever silver star rating they are.

TL;DR - there's no issue. Your scouts will still find **** CA players.

But the scout report was what? Gold or silver stars?

I'll save you the trouble. Scouts compare players to your first team, therefore only gold stars will be used. Players who are clearly ****, will be half a star CA. Once they join your club, they are now rated against your entire club, youth team included. Now they'll 'drop' down to whatever silver star rating they are.

TL;DR - there's no issue. Your scouts will still find **** CA players.

ok. i never realised they dropped down to silver once signed.
i have asked this question about scouts not finding silver star players. Your the first that has given me a decent answer.
ive even been told that you have to wait until a player moves on from silver and becomes gold. then and only then will your scout find them.

ok. i never realised they dropped down to silver once signed.
i have asked this question about scouts not finding silver star players. Your the first that has given me a decent answer.
ive even been told that you have to wait until a player moves on from silver and becomes gold. then and only then will your scout find them.
That's because I took 5 mins to look in the game. Anyone can do it. I went to my shortlist and these are only scouted players. They were listed as half a star and without a club. Offered them a trial and as soon as they joined, they went down to 3-4 silver stars.

Last edited:
That's because I took 5 mins to actually look in the game. Anyone can do it. I went to my shortlist and these are only scouted players. They were listed as half a star and without a club. Offered them a trial and as soon as they joined, they went down to 3-4 silver stars.

Never offered players a trial. May have noticed this if i had done.

Never offered players a trial. May have noticed this if i had done.
That was just the quick way to see. Sign any player and you'll get the same effect. In any event, you're not signing them for their CA, but for their PA, so it matters little, imo.

Back