Zapata - Work Permit

• Thread starter Thread starter enrage
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4K

enrage

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently purchased Zapata for my fulham team in the january transfer window, i just signed him for fulham team on the last day of the window, however the work permit was turned down.

So i have in my squad but cant play him in any matches due to him not having a work permit, but there isnt any option to reapply etc. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how to resolve this, desperate to have a hangeland/zapata partnership at the back :(. Thanks in advance

-enraGe

Try offering him a new contract. Usually works for me.

Try offering him a new contract. Usually works for me.

Aye i thought about that, the problem is hes already earning the maximum wage i can offer, and when i offer a new contract he wants an extra 9k, 9k that i cant physically give him :(

I'll try it with a generous signing on fee and other bonuses.

due to the fact that signing fees now play a part in the player's decision on whether to join you, you cant keep offering him a new contract cos he's gonna ask for it. my advice for you would be to sell him in mid-season/end season if your second offer of contract still does not get him a work permit.

the deal would only have gone through if you have a feeder club in somewhere like belgium where they don't need work permits

your only option is to ship him out to them until he qualifies for a permit, I had the same problem on FM09, I was blackburn, can't remember the player now though lol

Hope this helps
Safe

I always manage to sign him in the first season. Its odd you cant. And how do you get a player in your squad without a permit? Whenever someone fails a permit it says the transfer is cancelled :S

alot of the times players can join but cannot play competitve matches until he gets a work permit, normally happens with "bigger" teams i.e premier league clubs, your transfer will get cancelled nearly 100% of the time if you managing in the championship or lower league (due to the club of that stature not having sufficient or qualifying feeder clubs)

try and offload one of your fringe players during the season now ASAP so you can free up maybe 1 million or so which you can just pump into your wage budget to give you that extra bit of cash for the wages! the only way is to offer him new contracts! you will get it eventually, it is Zapata, he is an international player and has played in more than 80% of the games for Udinese last season!

do not ship him out, its a waste, wil take 3 yrs, you can while you are trying to offer him a new contract as playing competitively does help when trying to do this and once he signs, bring him home, fit and good to go for your 1st team! peace <)

forgot about this thread, i managed to get him on a new contract by offering him a very succulent signing on fee and that sorted it all out and he was actually able to get his work permit. I am fulham and do have a feeder team (not sure if its belgian) so thats most likely why the transfer still went ahead even though he had no work permit.

Zapata is one badass centre back thats for sure. :D

-enraGe

Back