Zero Heroes - San Marino Advanced

• Thread starter Thread starter Minamoto
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4K

Minamoto

Reaction score
Foreword: I am doing the San Marino Challenge Advanced- basically building San Marino up from the ground using the local league rather than the Italian C2 Series San Marino team. This may seem strange as it's my first story so please bear with me.
Societa Sportiva Murata Pre-Season Report

View attachment 256375

Akira Minamoto, a successful varsity coach in Japan has been hired by Sammarinese team Murata. The team hopes to establish itself as first, a successful Footballing team, second, San Marino's leading youth facilitator. In his opening press conference, Minamoto seemed undisturbed by the sudden change in atmosphere- stating that Football was passion, which was a base emotion in every person.

View attachment 256376

Murata itself is a fairly well established team in San Marino, having won the local league several times. They play at Serravalle B, a 600-seater stadium which may restrict their growth for a few years until they manage to secure a sizeable stadium. Other than that, their facilities leave little to be desired and player wise there are one or two decent players on the club payroll. The club's rivals are Domagano, Libertas and Pennarossa.

Transfer News

Sensationally however, he scrapped the entire Murata team in his first week- leaving only a handfew of players. The club director had only this to say, "Minamoto is aware of our ambitions and I trust him fully." The players have been mostly kept on the club's payroll except for some high earners which were deemed surplus.Over the first few weeks of Murata's restructuring, Minamoto has composed his first 11 as mostly foreign nationals- a risky move considering the fan-base's expecations of him. When asked about his selection choices he went on in length. "In Japan, we have foreign player limits, here in San Marino, I can choose from any European Union national without limitations and still have room for a handfew of foreign players. This first step is building Murata into a local powerhouse so that we may gain a better reputation and encourage Sammarinese youth to play football in their sparetime rather than managing fantasy teams on their computers."With only 700 euros to spend on wages- let's see how Minamoto handled his pre-season transfers.

View attachment 256377

An extremely busy season for the team. It seems the majority of players are from neighbooring Italy with a splash of South American flair here and there.

Key Signings

View attachment 256379
Lautaro Fernandez, formerly part of Napoli the eighteen year old youngster's crossing skills makes him look like Murata's top choice for a full back.

View attachment 256380
Dionatan Teixeira, the ninteen year old defensive midfielder has had stints in Sao Paulo and Manchester City youth teams. While he is not speedy like most Brazillian players, has a knack for winning headers with his towering height.

View attachment 256378
Alex Tuninetti, one of Murata's more exciting signings, the twenty year old has previously played for Juventus. His on-field know-how and attacking attributes make him the team's top midfielder.

Summary
Overall it seems Minamoto has opted to play with a youth team for his first season- it's much too early to say whether or not his gambit will work but it looks like the majority of his youth players have had stints in top tier footballing teams; making Murata a team to keep an eye out on!​

Last edited:
The database I downloaded sets all San Marino teams as semi-professional, which, I believe is a tougher challenge when you start out because players are less willing to accept semi-pro, low paying contracts than amateur contracts, something which I don't quite understand. It also has both a reserve and youth team, allowing me to really build up a proper team unlike various other databases I've seen around.

Also I noticed my story title is very similar to yours, so I will change mine :)

Oh it is fine, I was just curious for a minute cause I never got a budget the first like three years. Good luck though

Mid Season Report

View attachment 256576

Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio

View attachment 256569

Girone A Results

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"] SS Murata[/TD]
[TD]2-0[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]SS Virtus[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]SS Murata[/TD]
[TD]4-1[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]SP Cailungo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3-0[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]SS San Giovanni[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2-2[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]SS Cosmos[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3-0[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]FC Domagnano[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5-0[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]AC Juvenes Dogana[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4-1[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]SP La Florita[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7-1[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]SS San Giovanni[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Mid Season Table

View attachment 256571

Coppa Titano

View attachment 256573

Group C Results

[TR]
[TD="align: right"] SS Murata[/TD]
[TD]4-0[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]AC Juvenes Dogana
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3-3[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]SC Faetano[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4-1[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]AC Libertas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9-1[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]SC Faetano[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Group Stage Table

View attachment 256572

Key Players

View attachment 256574
Lautaro Fernandez
The fullback was touted to be one of Minamoto's champions and he has not let him down. Fernandez has led Murata's defence solidly, very rarely letting opposing teams close enough to score as evident by the team's undefeated streak.

View attachment 256575
Alex Tuninetti
The first team midfielder has bossed the midfield in most of the matches he has featured in. Tuninetti has even put in a striker's effort with 8 goals in 17 appearances.

View attachment 256570
Diego Armando Montouri
Rotational striker Montouri has shone as poacher in front of goal, knocking in 15 goals in 16 appearances.

Summary
The team has done well this first half of the season. They are currently running on a 19 game unbeaten streak which is broken down into 11 games unbeaten in league and 8 games unbeaten in cup.
So far they are 8 points clear of the rest of its group in the Campionato Sammarinese and is more than likely to qualify for the Champion's playoff.
Murata has also easily qualified for the quarter finals in the Coppa Titano with 22 points with second and third place in the group going to Libertas and Cailungo, both at 15 points.​

Last edited:
End of Season Report

View attachment 256878

Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio

View attachment 256875

Girone A Results

[TR]
[TD]3-1[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]FC Domagnano[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4-0[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]SS San Giovani[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]0-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3-0[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]FC Domangnano[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

End Season Table

View attachment 256879

Championship Playoffs Results

[TR]
[TD]SS Murata[/TD]
[TD]3-0[/TD]
[TD]FC Domagnano[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]SS Murata[/TD]
[TD]5-4[/TD]
[TD]SS Cosmos[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

View attachment 256880

Coppa Titano

View attachment 256874

Results

[TR]
[TD]SS Murata[/TD]
[TD]1-0[/TD]
[TD]FC Fiorentino[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]SS Murata[/TD]
[TD]2-0[/TD]
[TD]AC Libertas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]SS Murata[/TD]
[TD]5-2[/TD]
[TD]FC Domagnano[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

View attachment 256881

Summary

The second half of the season saw SS Murata lose its first game against SS Cosmos in a crushing 0-1 defeat. It also saw the club lift both the Championship and the Coppa Titano in a double, a first for the club.

However, the road to the club's success was not without some close moments.In a thrilling 5-2 game against SS Cosmos, the only club to really challenge Murata. Unluckily, Minamoto had made some bad choices in substitutions just after half time and Cosmos made him rue his choices- drawing up equal to the league leaders just before full time. Minamoto's team managed to edge out their opponents in the 120th minute of extra time, securing their win before the dreaded penalty shoot out.

With the club's new finances in order, how will Murata's line up change in the coming weeks with the Champion's League awaiting them?​

Last edited:
Back