433 Attacking Wide - Centurion - over 100 games unbeaten (Version 2 added)

I play with Inter and I'm currently in the middle of the season, 3 in the championship. Do you change your mentality when playing against the toughest rivals or is it always attacked? Which version is better for you first or the other?

Attack most of the time! Definitely at home! If I'm away and looking shaky, I'll drop the defensive line, less pressing, stay on feet, shorter passing. But I've also had some good results by just keeping attacking. If the opposition are attacking more (like they usually do at home), this tactic can rip them to shreds on the counter.

I'm enjoying v2 at the minute as in my 3rd season, Pogba/Sergej are doing very well at Mezzala and Asensio/Mbappe (£175M!) are brilliant out wide. Lukaku at Advanced Forward has dropped his performance levels, but the other 4 are more than making up for it. I'm currently using a tweaked v2, no longer getting stuck in (to reduce fouls and a sudden spate of red cards with 19.1.4) and working the ball in the box to try and reduce the number of shots Pogba and Sergej were having. I also thought about using 'positive' instead of 'attacking'. I can easily have 30-odd shots in a game,10+ on target, yet only score 2 or 3. Want to reduce the quantity and improve the quality!

I have changed passing to slightly shorter and tempo to lower.
I have kept my LW/RW as Inside forwards however I have got them to 'sit narrower'. My advanced forward is now a F9. This way, my F9, Mezzalas and WBs all focus on getting the ball to my IFs from out wide, central from my F9

I have changed passing to slightly shorter and tempo to lower.
I have kept my LW/RW as Inside forwards however I have got them to 'sit narrower'. My advanced forward is now a F9. This way, my F9, Mezzalas and WBs all focus on getting the ball to my IFs from out wide, central from my F9

How is that working out?

In my third season, I've still had success (Prem, FA Cup, League Cup, lost in Champions League final), but was constantly tweaking settings so have lost track of what was actually working. Think I need to abandon looking for v3 and start afresh from v2.

A lot of it has been to reduce the long shots, but Asensio and Pogba have PPM for shooting from distance. Don't think I can do much to stop that. May try training, but never seems to be successful for me.

I tried it with Galatasaray the version 1 and it was good. But Galatasaray's wingers are Onyekuru and Garry Rodrigues and they very fast players but not good with ball. Low passing and crossing skills. I want to try it with Lyonnais. Wingers will be Depay and Fekir. Which version you suggest IFs or Ts. Or will there be a V3 soon? Should I wait for it?

I tried it with Galatasaray the version 1 and it was good. But Galatasaray's wingers are Onyekuru and Garry Rodrigues and they very fast players but not good with ball. Low passing and crossing skills. I want to try it with Lyonnais. Wingers will be Depay and Fekir. Which version you suggest IFs or Ts. Or will there be a V3 soon? Should I wait for it?

I'd go back to v1 to be honest. I've abandoned v2 and gone back to v1. Results have been very good. See table below. P17,W15,D2,L0,F60,A3,GD57,P47. This is v1 but with a few changes to set-pieces to suit players I've got. Coincidentally, Guebbels is doing great at AF, I'd try and sign him back to Lyon from Monaco!

View attachment 29650

I can imagine Depay and Fekir will be excellent. Try them as IF with v1 (Depay as AML, Fekir AMR) but if they don't perform, change them to Trequaristas like v2, but keep rest of tactic same as v1.

Good luck!

You've inspired me, going to quit this game at end of season and start in France. Lyon or Monaco to try and de-throne PSG with v1!

This looks like a great tactic and I think I will try v1

however I only have an iPad (no laptop) so I can’t import the tactic. Are you able to post the instructions for each position please? I can copy the team instructions from the first post.

This looks like a great tactic and I think I will try v1

however I only have an iPad (no laptop) so I can’t import the tactic. Are you able to post the instructions for each position please? I can copy the team instructions from the first post.

Team:

See pictures above and add these instructions:

Attacking width - wide
Tempo - standard

Can try 'Get stuck in' but remove if lots of yellows and reds.

Players:

WB's - Cross from byline, Cross aim far post, shoot less often.

Keep an eye on cross completion. If it is low, then remove far post instruction.

Mezzala's - Run wide with ball, shoot less often

Inside Forwards - Shoot less often

Hi eencae, do you suggest V1 or V1.1 as the best of your tactics. Im southampton and looking forward to trying one of these. Thanks in advance

Hi eencae, do you suggest V1 or V1.1 as the best of your tactics. Im southampton and looking forward to trying one of these. Thanks in advance

I'm not sure it would work well with Southampton to be honest!

I don't think you have very good wide players!? I can imagine Gabbiadini may do well playing AMR as Inside Forward. I guess Redmond at AML may also be OK. The trouble is the lack of Mezzala's - Ward-Prowse and Lemina?

v1.1 was better for me as I'd spent some time improving set-pieces, but this would have been suited for the players I had. I'd suggest starting with 1.1 and altering set-pieces to suit your players. Good headers at back post, someone with decent long shots lurking outside etc.

The tactic is also only really good for strong teams in my view. I did a test with Real Sociedad, finished mid-table (as media predicted), but wasn't pretty with a few big losses. Lyon was better, but they are a strong team in the league. Finished 2nd, but didn't beat PSG. Won league with Liverpool, but again, they are a strong team with players who suit this.

I'm planning to find time to work on v3 and try and tighten it up defensively for weaker teams. Weaker teams don't take advantage of the chances created and then get stung on the counter-attack! I can imagine you getting seriously beaten playing City away with Southampton! However, it could be good as a Home tactic against Cardiff etc!

10 games in league with v1.1. 8 wins 2 draws. Draws on away. One against PSG and one against EAG which I played with my rotation player.

View attachment 29005 View attachment 29004

Moussa Dembele injured for 3-4 months on summer camp and I bought Krmencik. He all scored with this tactic. I bought Beek, Ligt and Maia also. I didn't share CL results because I'm in a easy group (Barça, Shakhtar and Brugge) but I want to go on with UEL. Because of that I'm playing with my backup team mostly in CL. But I beat 2-1 Barça at home.

I'd go back to v1 to be honest. I've abandoned v2 and gone back to v1. Results have been very good. See table below. P17,W15,D2,L0,F60,A3,GD57,P47. This is v1 but with a few changes to set-pieces to suit players I've got. Coincidentally, Guebbels is doing great at AF, I'd try and sign him back to Lyon from Monaco!

View attachment 1186887

I can imagine Depay and Fekir will be excellent. Try them as IF with v1 (Depay as AML, Fekir AMR) but if they don't perform, change them to Trequaristas like v2, but keep rest of tactic same as v1.

Good luck!

You've inspired me, going to quit this game at end of season and start in France. Lyon or Monaco to try and de-throne PSG with v1!

Actually I think, French teams have very good and young squads. Monaco, OM or OL. Playing against PSG will be very enjoyable. By the way Fekir has 11 goal and 14 assists in 19 games and Depay has 11 goals and 7 assists in 16 games.

Which version suits better to new patch 19.1.5?? V1.1 or V2? I'll start a new savewith Arsenal 2nite, and post result later. I have a question, Lucas Torreira better suits to Mezzela or DLP?

View attachment 1187732

Being champion of the league after 33rd matches. v1.1 used. Thiago Maia, van de Beek, Krmencik and De Ligt in.

Good effort, did better than me! I did a quick season with Lyon and finished 2nd. Only bought Sissoko from Spurs who was good at Mezzala.

De Ligt is excellent on FM19. Was the best defender on my game after a few seasons.

Which version suits better to new patch 19.1.5?? V1.1 or V2? I'll start a new savewith Arsenal 2nite, and post result later. I have a question, Lucas Torreira better suits to Mezzela or DLP?

Hard to say. I’d guess 1.1 if AMRL are stronger than Mezzala’s, v2 if you want to exploit strong Mezzala’s.

Henrik MKH may do well in v1.1 and I’d suggest playing Patrick Aybamayang out wide with Lacazette up front. Too good to keep one on the bench. Ozil at Mezzala. I don’t pay too much attention to role suitability. If they’ve got the attributes, play and train them there.

No idea about Lucas T. Just keep an eye on set pieces and don’t waste a small player like him in the box. Keep him lurking if got long shots or back and send a full back up instead.