5230 Park The Bus with WBA to win the EPL. Solid Performance.

Both. Now I am using the v3 as a secondary tactic. Here is a screenshot with the moment I changed from watford v3 to park the bus.
View attachment 113119

After those 2 home lost games I changed the tactic. As you can see, I even broke the bullet proof defense record, I had around 15 games where the opponents scored no goals. Using a tactic that I was still learning, because when I changed it it was not fluid.

The results are great.

Both tactics have a side I do not like. None of them have enough average clear chances per game. I miss my old FM 16 tactic, but that does not work here.

Try this tweak - it's more solid in attack maitaining defense quality.

Last edited:
I suppose we can use this tweak alternatively with the original tactics in 3 slots:

-> Original tactic, home and away
-> Cautious tactic, last 10-15 minutes when holding on to a 1 goal lead,
-> Attacking tweak anytime when losing (increase the mentality to Control last 10-15 minutes)

+ MrL Attacking corner setup and OIs (show weaker foot to all conventional wingers, closing down all strikers)

Sounds awesome (6) Gonna start trying this approach today with a lower-league underdog.

Try this tweak - it's more solid in attack maitaining defense quality.

I am using the original on slot one. On slot two, I have the original with contain changed to control, for some games where in the second half I need to push forward a bit more. And on slot 3, I have the watford 3, which I use either when leading 2 goals up, or in the second half when I want to see if a change gives more control over the game. And the att corners setup of course. I am not using the OIs, I never liked OIs :))

Can you give a link to the Watford v3 (there are 320 messages in the topic)? Thanks.

I am using the original on slot one. On slot two, I have the original with contain changed to control, for some games where in the second half I need to push forward a bit more. And on slot 3, I have the watford 3, which I use either when leading 2 goals up, or in the second half when I want to see if a change gives more control over the game. And the att corners setup of course. I am not using the OIs, I never liked OIs :))

can you please enlight me on what this famous attacking corners are? or post the link?

thanks in advanced!

Both. Now I am using the v3 as a secondary tactic. Here is a screenshot with the moment I changed from watford v3 to park the bus.
View attachment 1094759
The results are great.

I forgot to underline one thing, so you understand how awesome is this tactic. I have those results with a team where I bought only british players, so the quality of many of them is great or good, but not star and world class.

I only have some of the foreigners I had when I took over at the club, and bought 2 foreigners because due to the 3 DC defense and 3 AM ST attack, it is very hard to find 6 quality central defenders from UK and 6 quality strikers. My first team has 22 players, 2 for every position. Some of them are trained to cover other positions, like WBLs cover WBRs too, and some CD play CM and viceversa, because it's hard to find 6 defenders from Britain, given the bad youth attribute the country has.

So in my first team, from 22 players, 18 are british, most of them England, but I have a few scotish players too. In probably 2 years I will have at most 1 foreign player, I am thinking to keep 1 striker from out of Britain, since most of my strikers do not qualify as world class strikers. That means all do not qualify :)), the best local striker is Berahino.

PS: I have 3 Scottish players in the first 22, a GK, a WBL and a ST. So that makes 15 England players, 3 Scottish players, and 1 Arg, 1 German, 1 Guinean, and 1 Italian. I estimate that it will take around 2 years to get rid of all 4 foreigners, or at least 3 of them. First I have to grow up some replacements. Because the youth is so bad in England, I have to wait until they are least 23 24 to be able to throw them in the first team, so they develop close to their potential.

And last and not least, I started with 2 British players 5 years ago when I took over the team :)) So it was a total overhaul. A painful long overhaul.

PS: I have 3 Scottish players in the first 22, a GK, a WBL and a ST. So that makes 15 England players, 3 Scottish players, and 1 Arg, 1 German, 1 Guinean, and 1 Italian. I estimate that it will take around 2 years to get rid of all 4 foreigners, or at least 3 of them. First I have to grow up some replacements. Because the youth is so bad in England, I have to wait until they are least 23 24 to be able to throw them in the first team, so they develop close to their potential.

And last and not least, I started with 2 British players 5 years ago when I took over the team :)) So it was a total overhaul. A painful long overhaul.
I presume you voted Brexit then :D ;)

can you upload tactics with the att corner?

can you upload tactics with the att corner?
here u go - i put into the tactic all the best set pieces from all mrl tests, included: att/def corners, att/def free kicks and throwins.

and cautious version, the same thing - tweaked all the set pieces from mrl tactic tests.

Anymore tests of this? People, share your experience. :)

This looks really interesting, it seems to give results and yet it doesn't follow the usual gung-ho approach most plug and play tactics do. You know, the old "wingbacks on attack, loads of players roaming, loads of players up front, aggressive mentality, bombard the AI with (long)shots until something goes in" recipe.