Aberdeen Save 2022

March

Fixtures
FIX.png

Ross County pulled a late comeback from 2-0 down ending the latest winning run at under 10. Pathetic. Less pathetic was beating Rangers in the Scottish Cup.

SPL
SPL.png

Rangers and Celtic are a point apart in the race for 2nd while we missed our first chance to win the league against Ross County who along with Dundee Utd and St Mirren have secured the top 6. St Johnstone still showing signs of life at the bottom. but the playoff spot is any game.

Champions League
Last 16

1st Leg
RB Leipzig 1-2 Aberdeen

CL1.png

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 2-0 RB Leipzig
Aberdeen win 4-1 on agg

CL2.png

Won both games with relative ease but never dominated.

Quarter Final Draw
Real Madrid vs Aberdeen
CL QF Draw.png

A Repeat of finals past

Scotland
SCots.png

2 Friendly wins​

April

Fixtures
FIx.png

We won the title with an away win against St Mirren and started to rotate the team but kept on winning. We also set up a Scottish Cup Final with Celtic after we both won our semi-finals 4-0

SPL
SPL.png

Rangers and Celtic end another month split by 1 point and 2nd place will be decided by the championship group. Dundee Utd look set for 4th place. Queens Park has made a great run but not quite enough to hit the top 6. St Johnstone looks doomed and it's probably between Kilmarnock and Hearts for the playoff spot.

Champions League Quarter Finals

1st Leg
Real Madrid 1-2 Aberdeen
CL1.png

We had to come from behind and win a tight game

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 3-0 Real Madrid
Aberdeen win 5-1 on Agg
CL 2.png

Not Troubles in the 2nd leg and were in the Semi-Finals. Have to thank the 3 former dons who played for Madrid with the highest player rating among the three being only 6.1

Draw
CL Draw.png

Where Juventus await​

May

Fixtures
FIx.png

We enjoy an unbeaten season as we are the first side to overcome the 9 in a row curse to win our 10th title in a row

SPL
SPL.png

MacIver did manage to lead the league in goals, assists, and ave rating

Scottish Cup Final
Celtic 0-5 Aberdeen
Sco ucp fina.png

A dull 1st half turned into a dominating 2nd half and the domestic treble is done

Champions League Semi Final

1st Leg
Aberdeen 4-0 Juventus
CL1.png

The tie is basically over already

2nd Leg
Juventus 1-3 Aberdeen
CL2.png

Aberdeen win 7-1 on Agg

One of our most dominating scores of the save. Man City will be our biggest test in the final
CL Final draw.png

Champions League Final 2042

From Wembley
aus.png

Aberdeen Vs Man City

As Aberdeen tries and makes it 4 Champions Leagues in a row and 6 in total Man City is still looking for their 2nd. This is their first final appearance since 2023/24 almost 20 years ago.

Aberdeen 2-1 Man City
Match.png

We are only the 2nd team to win 4 Champions Leagues in a row. This will go down as the MacIver final with his two goals being the difference​

Alfie Bavidge
The Greatest Don has retired
Bavidge retire post.png

I really struggled with how to do this post so decided to combine the 3 ideas i had. Review his career, post the top 3 moments and list the overall accomplishments

Career Review

Part 1 Teen Prodigy
Bavidge 1 day 1.png

Highlighted on day 1 as my 4th striker behind Duk, Miovski, and the underrated Christian Ramirez/ I was quoted to say he was the best Dons prospect since Ryan Fraser who i want to hold onto for the whole save. Two giant ticks

He quickly got his career off with a bang scoring his first league goal to become Aberdeen's youngest ever scorer. He went on to score 4 on that day.
Bavide 2 youngest scorer.png

During a great 2nd season he was called up by Scotland for the March friendlies where he marked his debut with a goal while being the lead scorer in the league.

Bavidge 3 scotlnd 1st goal.png

By the 4th Season Bavidge was the best Scottish player in my eyes at least hitting 38 goals. Sadly he and Aberdeen were still a bit behind Celtic and their best striker in the save Santiago Gimenez who was outscoring him and keeping Celtic atop the tree.

Part 2 Superstardom
Bavidge 4 in 203.png

By the late 20s, Bavidge was now finally Scotland's lead scorer while regularly winning the Golden Boot and scoring goals regularly in the big Champions League games. After 1 season of indicative behavior in 203 at his peak he signed on for a 7 year deal 4 (+3 extension) and immediately rewarded us with the goals that won the league title scoring 51 in total.
Bavide 3 contract.png

A year later he broke the all-time scoring record for Scotland with goal 44 taking him past the mighty Che Adams. He set the bar at 105 by the end of his 140 cap career Also

He then had his season of important goals. Scoring 9 Decisive goals in 1 goal wins as we regained the league title from Celtic
bavidfe 5 win the leage.png

Followed up with a tight title defence and our first Champions League win Of Course Bavidge scored the winner during the best statistical season in his career. At 29 this was Bavidges peak
Bavidge 6 CL Win.png

Part 3. The Hungry 30s
Bavidge started his 30s with the worst season of his career and my play of a decade of Bavdge & MacIver was in jeopardy immediately.

The Scots did have 1 glorious season together before Bavidge had 18 months of injuries that knocked his career and by the time he was fit again he was 4th choice and by the end, he was the 7th best striker in the squad by the end of this season.

With no interest in a nonplaying role this is the end of Alfie Bavidge
Bavidge end.png

Top 3 moments

3rd

Kilmarnock 4 goals in season 1

top 3 3rd.png

In our first season i had high hopes of having a career player in Bavidge but when he scored 4 goals at hardly 16 years of age got me properly excited. In real life that was over 14 months ago

2nd
2031 SPL title winning goals vs Rangers in the final game at Pittodrie.

Top 3 2nd - Copy.png

This was the season of Bavidge winners. Scored a 90th minute winner over Celtic and in the game before this the only goal vs Hearts among several others. As amazing as this moment was now that i look back this was the start of the 10 in row run.

1st
Winning goal for our 1st Champions League.

Top 3 1st.png

Im not sure how this could have been any better. Liverpool had ruined several Champions League campaigns and that's who we met in our first final. It looked like we were about to lose it till we scored in the 90th minute to force extra time where Bavidge's 115th minute goal secured us a historic Champions League title.

Trophies
Champions League *6
Uefa Super Cup *5
SPL *15
Scottish Cup *14
Scottish League Cup *11
UEFA Nations League 2039 (Scotland)

Achievements
SPL Player of the Season *6
Scottish Player of the Year *6
European Golden Shoe *4
European Golden Boy 2024
Champions League Player of the Year 2033/34

18 consecutive seasons of double digit league goals​

End of Season 20

SPL - Winner
spl.png

That was our best domestic season. We did fall 2 points short of our best total with that 2nd draw but scoring 150 goals and only letting in 11 i doubt will be repeated. Celtic spent almost the whole season behind Rangers but niped back ahead of them after the split taking a deserved 2nd place. Dundee Utd were on their own in 4th place clear best of the rest but not up with the old firm. St Mirren & Ross County filled the rest of the top 6. Queens Park finished the season strongest of the bottom teams while Hearts finished above Hibs in the league but as you see Hibs had the better season with Ayr just behind them. Kilmarnock fell away as the season went on and St Johnstone got VERY close to saving themselves and immediately went back down to the Championship after 1 season for their 5th relegation in the save. Inverness returns to the top flight after 6 seasons in the championship

Playoffs
SPL PLayoff.png

Kilmarnock again retained their space in the top flight with an extra time double from Flores denied Dundee.

Managers
SPL Managers.png

St Mirren took former Millwall player Billy Mitchell from Kilmarnock and the team's fortunes showed how good he may be. Regen reject Millar Tarran was sacked by Hibs who tempter Romanian Adrian Mutu back into management to take charge of his 5th SPL team. For the 2nd season in a row, both Edinburgh teams change managers with Hearts appointing Ben Gofrey to his 4th SPL post.

Europe
Hibs
Were the stars of the season of the other SPL clubs beating Bournemouth in the Europa Conference final
CL Final.png

Celtic had another good Champions League season getting to the last 16
Rangers fell a round earlier to Dortmund
Dundee Utd Was stuck in the Europa League but matched last season's Champions League performance with a knock-out phase elimination
St Mirren Fell at the qualifying stage for the Europa Conference frustratingly on penalties

Champions League Final
Real Madrid 1-4 Aberdeen

CL Final.png

Squad Review

Goalkeeper
SQuad GK.png

Finally, i have a season with a great balance. It won't last for long with Lawrie being a decent prospect and Scottish but for now, i am happy to role with Ajayi as No1 and the 19-year-old Lawrie as the backup.

Defense
Squad Def.png

The change on the wings gave mixed results. Nicu was more solid than the previous right back but teenager Myles Langton may be better. Tremble was a letdown and I'll need to choose between him and Lucas Amado. In the middle we had 3 in the squad capable of starting and Quintana the back up was by far the best of the 3 with some youth still out on loan.

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

Our midfield was outstanding with only Alvarez under 7.43. Tough call to make here with that poor season and Martinez away to turn 32 and like at center back the backup Jimenez is more than good enough to start too. Alvarez would bring in a ridiculous fee but he's really really good. Lots of youngsters in the u18s got appearances and i expect quite a few of them to play for us in the future.

Attack
squad Att.png

MacIver had the season of seasons. Again i have a tough decision to make with a position. Dujakovic and Soumah both had an incredibly impressive season. Which one starts in 2042/43? Mark Craig & Fox Anderson are both promising prospects from the u18s. Alfie Bavidge gets his own post.

Players for life
300+ Appearances

Bradley Cummings - DC
P574 G28
Star cummings.png

Ramiro Martinez - MC
P316 G63
Star Martinez.png

Final Update
Alfie Bavidge - ATT

P870 G615
Star Bavidge.png

Went out with a bang. Only had one start and he scored 3 times

Andy MacIver - ATT
P330 G324
Star Maciver.png

He should have more goals than games by this update next year.

Rankings

Club Ranking - 1st
Rankings club.png

Another Champions League extends our lead at the top

National League - 6th
Ranking league.png

Remain 6th despite winning 3/4 European trophies England and Germany still outscored us to get the 2 extra CL spots

National Team ranking - 10th
Pre World cup
Rankings international.png

Awards

Player of the Year

Andy MacIver
Award player 4th in row.png

Young Player of the Year
Marko Dujakovic
Award young player.png

Top Scorer
Andy MacIver

Award top scorer.png

Award player pt2.png

Team of the Year
AWard team.png

World Cup 2042

Scotland Squad

WC SQuad.png

WC squad 2.png

A very nice squad. Well balanced with quality players in each phase of the team. The one major loss is long term Left back Owen Munroe of Manchester United who would be the 3rd-5th best player in the squad. Massive downgrade to the next man up. This squad is probably in its prime but only 1 starking player, the keeper of over 30 so we have the next Euros with this bunch and maybe the 2046 world cup.

Warm Up Games
Warm ups.png

Made sure to take it easy and rotate hard

Group E
Group.png

Well, we made it out of the group but only after i had to recover from a complete and total mental breakdown after losing 3-2 to Congo. Thankfully we put on a normal display to thrash Peru who then beat Congo so we all draw on 3pts but our goal difference has us on top. No major shocks in the other groups

Second Round
Colombia 0-1 Scotland
2nd round result.png

We were not impressive but kept our 1st clean sheet since William Wallace was running around and thanks to the early goal that was enough to put us through.

Big shock here with China beating France. We get Italy in the net round.
2nd round results.png

Last 16
Scotland 3-2 Italy
Last 16 match.png

Our first game against a major nation and the players are knackered already. We raced into a 2 goal lead in the first half hour but Italy pulled one back we had a 2-goal lead again before half time. Italy dominated the 2nd half but only managed to pull one back but it wasn't enough to deny Scotland a place in the Quarter final.

Only one shock as Germany is out, Not a shock on recent real-life form though
last 16 results.png

Some big games. Then there's Scotland vs. the USA

Quarter Finals
USA 0-1 Scotland
QF Match.png

We win the battle of the lowest-ranked fixtures. We had the lead and it was all going great made even better when USA went down to 10 men. Brazil stand between Scotland and a World Cup final

QF Results.png

Semi Final
Scotland 1-3 Brazil
SF Results.png

We had some lucky breaks to get here but they all went the other way. 2 Red cards although we were already a goal down when it all started going wrong.

Turkey and Argentina put on a more extreme version of the game of the century which went Turkeys' way.

3rd Place Playoff
Argentian 2-1 Scotland
3rd place match.png

Well, we finished with 9 men and got a consolation. a proud fighting end to an amazing run

Final
Brazil 2-3 Turkey
FInal.png

Wow so we won't even be the story of the tournament as Turkey wins a stunning 1st World Cup

At least Scotland walked away with 1 reward from this amazing run
Best Player.png

Season 21
Aberdeen 2042

The Dons won a 4th Champions League and a 3rd domestic treble in a row. last season was a summer of change and 12 months on we didn't sell a single starting player while only losing squad players to sales 90% of them were planned

Squad

Goalkeepers
Squad GK.png

No change between the sticks. Lawrie took a hit in his future potential after looking good in a dozen appearances last season.

Defense
Squad DEf.png

The rebuilt back 4 did well. Nicu will continue to build his value before making way for Langton. Both starting center backs and the main backup are now in their late 20s and ready to give more playing time to Quintana, Casares & McDougall. Would like to have sold at least one of Cummings regular partners but no bis at all came in. Amado is promoted to starting Left back and Tremble is still failing to attract a bid over £20m but with no suitable replacements coming through he stays another year.

Midfield
Squad MC.png

The best starting 4 we've ever had returns but like the defense, it is very heavy on players in their late 20s. Ockmonek and Trawally or Calder are the major hopes for the wings

Strikers
Squad att.png

The one position in the team we could leave settled for the next decade is upfront. MacIver is the greatest. Soumah outplayed Dujkovic last season and will get the start for this season. Fox Andersson and Mark Craig are the top prospects coming through the u18s

Transfer Window

SPL
Transfers SPL 1.png
Transfers SPL 2.png

Celtic were the only other side to spend over £10m on a player and pulled in a huge profit through the window majorly trimming the squad. St Mirren made a fantastic sale in Oscar Menah for £11m. The overriding thought from this image is the upside of buying 20+ youngsters per window. This has majorly slowed down as spending hours a day trying to sell them off and manage loans is not the most fun thing to do. It's coming at a cost as the average age of the squad is well into the 20s

Aberdeen

In
IN.png

This is the weirdest window you'll see me do. Every single player went back to their clubs on loan. Including the £85m man, i have no good reason for buying. Was thinking about the long-term of the left wing and there was a shortlisted 5* prospects in case my youths don't work out and suddenly I'd bidded £85m and signed him up. To make it even worse I had already signed another left winger in Duran.
In new guy.png

Out
Out.png
Out 2.png

Welcome to the £227m list of "Who the flock is that guy" Sundsvag was the only player that made it to solid backup Acosta is a great keeper but it came down to him or Ajay and Acosta was the only one that saw bids come in for him. I do worry Rosado and Choi will become class defenders. Oscar Benito was one of the best prospects i had but has not developed at all in 4 seasons.

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

We make an amazing start. Beating Ranges 6-0 is the sign we mean business. 36/36 wins this is the season?

SPL
SPL.png

Champions League Draw
CL draw.png

Super Cup
Watford 1-3 Aberdeen
Super Cup.png

6 Former Dons lined up in the Watford Squad explaining why their rise has happened.

Super cup stadium.png

The very strange anomaly of this match was the stadium. The Bobby Charlton stadium was built in Southampton for some reason in 2024 and hosted its first match nearly 20 years later. No club is designated to the stadium​

September

Fixtures
Fix.png

We see off Celtic and our at the time closest rivals Hibs. We demolish Ross County and beat Queens Park in the cups

SPL
SPL.png

Champions League
CL .png

We get our title defence underway by easily seeing off Chelsea

Scotland
Scotland.png

We took the lead 3 times combined for less than 10 minutes. Thankfully Scott scored the winner before our major humbling to Spain with all the goals coming from Dons or former Dons​

October

Fixtures
Fix.png

Ayr are the 2nd team to see us put 8 past them

SPL
SPL.png

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

Two straightforward wins

Scotland
Scotland.png

France was too much but victory over Serbia means we will stay in the A section in 2 years time​

November

Fixtures
Fix.png

Rangers kept the doors shut hard till late on and that was the last time we had any problems through November

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic are having a solid season but are already or only 9 points of the mighty Dons. St Mirren is the standout so far this season. The bottom 3 is looking clear already.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

The win over Tottenham was stunning

Scotland
SCo.png

A fantastic late comeback in Spain gave us very slim hope of winning the group but France secured the top spot at Hampden​

December

League Cup Final
Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic
Cup final.png

A pretty close game but we won our 5th final in a row

Fixtures
Fix.png

The winning run goes on and we extend the gap to Celtic.

SPL
SPL Table.png

Hibs start to lose touch with Old Firm. 3 Way tie for the bottom spot

Champions League
CL.png

Charleroi's were on fire​

January

Fixtures
FIx.png

We start and end the winter breaks with big wins, especially against 4th-tier Tranent

SPL
SPL.png

21 points clear but what a battle for 2nd. Celtic Rangers & Hibs all split by 3 points. Can Dundee Utd get their finger out and catch the current top 6?

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

We had already secured qualification but rotated the sides

CL table.png

Transfer Window

SPL
SPL transfers.png
SPL transfers 2.png

Celtic made one of their biggest sales in recent times. A former Dons youth MC Sebastian moves to Watford for £34m, a £24m profit on what they paid Basel 4 years ago. Aberdeen makes their biggest investment in the other Scottish teams by dropping almost £70m on non-old firm top 6 teams as well as Cove & Huntly. None of the players will feature for Aberdeen it's purely about trying to make the country stronger.

Aberdeen

In
Youth 1.png
Youth 2.png

Two youths do sign up to go into the development team.

Out
Except for the domestic dealings, we had 2 sales from the first team as well as backup Ewerton who never made it into the 1st team. Eduard Nicu was one of 4 DRs i had on the books and was both the oldest and most valuable so with huge bids coming from Man Utd and Chelsea it was a matter of who he joined rather than would he. Our other sale from the first team was a tough one to pull the trigger on but the reasoning makes sense. Colin Lowndes joined the club from St Johnstone 10 years ago as the best youth prospect to come through for Scotland since i took over the national team. He went on to have the best season ave of 7.04 in 7 seasons in Aberdeen's first 11. He played regularly as the 3rd choice MC until the return of Martinez led to 3 seasons on loan doing well at Benfica, PSG and Watford. He came back but was 4th choice at best but was likely to move up the order with other players getting older however after Barcelona almost trebled their opening offer i stopped and thought for a player of his quality had he not been Scottish i would have sold him for far less finally led to me taking the plunge and selling.​

February

Fixtures
Fix.png

It was going incredibly well. 4 wins in the league with an aggregate score of 19-0. Then beating Partick in the cup 10-0. So of course, our 72-game unbeaten run ends would then immediately end away to our closest rivals Dundee Utd. At least it puts an end to our league season.

SPL
SPL.png

We'll win the league in the next few weeks so full focus goes on trying for a perfect season in 2043-44. The race for 2nd just gets better and better as Hearts and St Mirren look to get involved. Regular top 6 sides Dundee Utd and Ross County will be in the bottom half with Ross County showing a horrific drop and will end the year with their worst season in the save.

Champions League last 16 Draw
Barcelona vs Aberdeen
CL draw.png

What a tie to get us back into the last 16. Rangers lost to Ajax 1-0 and Celtic are not long for the later stages having drawn Man utd​

March

Fixtures
Fix.png

Back to normal service in the league and progress in the cup too but our run of 10-0 wins is over. Celtic are knocked out by Dundee who we draw in the Semis.

SPL
SPL.png

We won the title against St Mirren and with nothing else to play for i promoted 3 youth team players. More may follow as i rotate heavily in the league. The battle for 2nd still looks to be a 3 way fight with time running out for Hibs and St Mirren to close the gap. Dundee Utd have dragged themselves into the fight for the 6th spot with 2 games till the split. Ross County sacked their manager and are in real danger of going down with 3 other teams still fighting at the bottom.

Champions League
Last 16

CL1.png
CL 2.png

Aberdeen win 2-0 on AGG

It took till the 4th half of football for either team to break the deadlock with a very rare scorer in ++Bradley Cummings heading the opening goal for our injury-ravaged side which lost both right backs Casares & Langton and right wining Petkov to injury during the first leg would go 2-0 up near the end. Langton is out for the season while Petkov will miss at least a month

Celtic pulled off a huge shock and took out Man Utd
CL 16 results.png

Quarter Finals
CL Draw.png

We get Liverpool in a knockout tie for the 6th season in the last 9 with the Dons holding a 3-2 lead with one of those wins being on pens

Scotland
Scotland.png

We got FM'D in Greece and was wobbly against Luxembourg. Cant lose another game now and still have 2 tough games with Turkey ahead of us.​

April

Fixtures
Fix.png
The only domestic game the first team came out for was a tight win over championship side Dundee. The reserves dominated the other games.

SPL
SPL.png

Hibs take the initiative beating Rangers to go 3 points clear in 2nd. Ross County pull away from the bottom 3 and Inverness looks like they will head the other way

Champions League Quarter-Final

1st Leg
Aberdeen 4-1 Liverpool
cl1.png

2nd Leg
Liverpool 2-0 Aberdeen
cl2.png

Aberdeen win 4-3 on agg

Total control in the first game was flipped by Liverpool adopting Barcelona's seek-and-destroy tactics injuring, although not long term MacIver, Guner and Martinez. All should make it back for the semis

Semi Final draw
CL semi draw.png

Watford are now a super team​

May

Fixtures
Fix.png

The mixed-up team of backup players won out to end the season which felt a bit flat despite 109 points and 36 wins. Next season we are going all out for 38/38

SPL
SPL.png

Hibs take 2nd. Inverness finished bottom and Queens Park only just went into the playoffs 1 point behind Kilmarnock

Scottish Cup Final
Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers
Sco cup final.png

One of our worst performances of the season only scoring right at the death earning them a Fergie 1983 rant

Fergie Rant

Champions League Semi-Finals

1st Leg
Aberdeen 2-1 Real Madrid
CL1.png

A fine performance ruined by the 95th-minute goal by Real Madrid that has them right back in it for the 2nd leg

2nd Leg
Real Madrid 0-3 Aberdeen
CL2.png

A stunning result in Madrid for a tie i was genuinely worried we were about to throw away. Not only was it a convincing win but our first away win in Europe in 4 months

Final
CL Fina.png

Our 8th final and first with the French giants who have won 2 finals in the save

Scotland
Scotland.png

This happened after the season obviously but i felt it was the best place to put the team's improved results​

Champions League Final 2043

From Fussball Arena Munchen

stadum.jpg

Aberdeen vs PSG
We go to try and match Real Madrid 5 in a row to bring home a 7th Champions League title in the save.

Match
Aberdeen 2-1 PSG
Final match.png

We pull it off and the dominance goes on. PSG equalised but before i could shout at anyone Maciver scored his 68th goal of the season to retain the Champions League.​

End of Season 21

SPL - Winner
SPL.png

It was a step back on points, goals for and against and the early dropped points made me determined that next season my no1 focus is on having a perfect season. The best players are in the window of their prime so its now or never. Hibs stun the old firm to take 2nd. The first season no old firm side finished in the top 2 since 1965. Celtic finished ahead of Rangers on goal difference and that's the difference between Champions League and Europa League. A distant Hearts and St Mirren make it to the conference. Dundee Utd were the let down of the season failing to make the top 6. There was quite a drop off to Ayr and Ross County who came on strong after changing manager at the end of the season. Kilmarnock and Queens Park were better than the bottom side Inverness who dropped back to the championship. 5th Season in a row the champions go right back down. Somehow Cove fail to come up after 3 seasons of investment.

Playoffs
SPL Playoff.png

Queens Park got the mother of all scares losing the 1st leg to Airdrie but they easily won the 2nd leg to survive

Managers
SPL Managers.png

Inverness & Ross County made 2 changes each with Ross County maybe getting it right 2nd time round after losing Rob Holding to the England National team as insane as that sounds. Former DOns youth player Daniel Harvie took over at Killie and kept them up.

Europe

Celtic had an improved season in the Champions League getting to the quarter-finals and losing to eventual finalists PSG
Rangers fell in the Playoff round to Ajax 1-0
Dundee Utd got to the Europa League Quater finals only losing to Juventus on penalties
Hibs couldn't win a 2nd European trophy in a row losing to Ingolstadt in the Europa League last 16
St Mirren went a round further losing to eventual winners Leeds in the Conference semi-final
Ross County's season was miserable from the start losing to Swiss side Thun in the qualifiers

Champions League Final
Aberdeen 2-1 PSG
CL Final.png

Squad Review

Goalkeeper
Squad GK.png

Lawrie scored a higher rating than Ajayi after getting the African nations break and many chances through the season.

Defence
Squad Def.png

The good news first. Amado steps up as a starting LB and Langton improved again giving me a real selection headache between him and Casares as DR. Center back is also a problem with Quintana being the best DC but ******* is a lifer and he and Niedermann have been great for half a decade at least. A very encouraging start for Ross McDougall while Jose & Tremble have shown enough to be sold.

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

Probably the best season our collective midfielder with the best 4 all cleared 7.20 while the backups also all found their way over 7 as we added some u18s who also played up to a solid level.

Attack
Squad ATT.png

The first non-Bavidge season and his replacement MacIver flung in another ridiculous level of goalscoring. Dujakovic & Soumah shared the sidekick role with Dujakovic being the better of the two. Four youth players made appearances with Andersson & Craig stepping up to the first team. Hard to see a place for both of them still being here next season.

Players for life
300+ Appearances

Bradley Cummings - DC
P624 G33

Star cummings.png

Jean Niedermann - DC
P304 G18

Star Neidermann.png

Ramiro Martinez - MC
P340 G68

Star Martinez.png

Dimitar Petkov - MR
P301 G117

Star Petkov.png

Andy MacIver - ATT
P382 G392

Star Mc Halland.png

Rankings

Club Ranking - 1st
Ranking Club.png

Another Champions League extends our lead at the top

National League - 5th
Rankings league.png

We jump back into the top 5 so next season we'll have an extra CL team and an extra team in Europe

rankings qualification.png

For the first time Scotland finished 2nd in the season rankings so we got an extra Champions League place. It should go to Rangers as Celtic should get the spot by finishing 3rd so will see how this plays out.

National Team ranking - 8th
ranking National team.png

The highest Scotland has ever been ranked

Awards

Player of the Year

Andy MacIver
Award player of year.png

5th in row

Young Player of the Year
Momodou Trawally
award young plauyer.png

We have already sold the league's young player of the year to Man City. I don't think he's that good and was considering selling him anyway.

Top Scorer
Andy MacIver
AWard top scorer.png

Dons clean sweep

Team of the Year
Award team.png

Which team dominated the league again? Surely is not the one with only 4 players featuring in the league's team of the year.​