Hi TTF9. I must say this is a very intriguing shape and obviously you've put a lot of thought into it. I'm just wondering the reasoning behind the DLF having tight marking? It seems to me that the tight marking forces him higher up the pitch, taking him out of play for team mates to pass to. I've changed him to a F9 and taken man marking off, which seems to bring him into the game a bit more, but I'm still undecided whether this weakens the attacking strengths of the tactic?

Also, I'm still undecided whether the 'retain posession' shout dictates the team to be passing around the box instead of taking a shot when opportunity presents itself?

Hi TTF9. I must say this is a very intriguing shape and obviously you've put a lot of thought into it. I'm just wondering the reasoning behind the DLF having tight marking? It seems to me that the tight marking forces him higher up the pitch, taking him out of play for team mates to pass to. I've changed him to a F9 and taken man marking off, which seems to bring him into the game a bit more, but I'm still undecided whether this weakens the attacking strengths of the tactic?

Hi Dave,

"Tight Marking" has nothing with attacking play. It comes into play when your team is defending.

Setting "Tight Marking" for DLF means that you asking him mark nearest opposition player more tighter when your team is defending, it will increase probability that he can intercept pass addressed to this player.

Also "Tight Marking" and "Manual Marking" are different things and there's no manual marking set for DPL. The only player in this tactic who has manual marking is AMCL(Shadow Striker).

"Retain Possession" isn't about shots, it's about passing direction/risk and tempo.

I would recommend if you are not 100% sure about what you are doing than don't make changes because consequences of it could be unknown ;)

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

"Tight Marking" has nothing with attacking play. It comes into play when your team is defending.

Setting "Tight Marking" for DLF means that you asking him mark nearest opposition player more tighter when your team is defending, it will increase probability that he can intercept pass addressed to this player.

Also "Tight Marking" and "Manual Marking" are different things and there's no manual marking set for DPL. The only player in this tactic who has manual marking is AMCL(Shadow Striker).

"Retain Possession" isn't about shots, it's about passing direction/risk and tempo.

I would recommend if you are not 100% sure about what you are doing than don't make changes because consequences of it could be unknown ;)

Hi again TTF9 have you take a look to my reply #493 I just can't resolve the problem whit your automatic OI the only solution I use is just to clear them and ask my best def. coach (+16 tactical knowledge ) but don't think is the same can u please take a look.

Thx mate!!!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the feedback. I've known what I was doing in past versions but this one just doesn't seem consistent and so it's hard to tell the effect of making one change. I found the game A LOT more enjoyable when you could micro-manage to the smallest degree and actually see the benefits of changes you made....guess I'm just old fashioned :p anyways, thanks for the reply and insight :)

Hi again TTF9 have you take a look to my reply #493 I just can't resolve the problem whit your automatic OI the only solution I use is just to clear them and ask my best def. coach (+16 tactical knowledge ) but don't think is the same can u please take a look.

Thx mate!!!

Sorry, Mate. Somehow I missed your question.

Yes, OI is set as it should be. I recommend use it.

Sorry, Mate. Somehow I missed your question.

Yes, OI is set as it should be. I recommend use it.

Hey mate did u take a good look at the picture, not the one with the results, if you didnt here is again
View attachment 393673

if you take a good look the GK is on ''closing down - always'', the amc is free of instruction and other things that don't make good sense.
Do you really think is good this way?

Hey mate did u take a good look at the picture, not the one with the results, if you didnt here is again

if you take a good look the GK is on ''closing down - always'', the amc is free of instruction and other things that don't make good sense.
Do you really think is good this way?
Yup, everything is correct ;)

Holy ******* bajebus, 9 CCC in the first away game with Weirdo V1.

I prefer "Tactics" for General Training because it develops mental attributes which can be useful for any positions.

V8 is better! ;)
My experience with this many tweaks is that the things that were initially so good with the tactic, is lost with the tweaks. Other areas such as the defense may improve, but you can't really be certain that the offensive touch is kept.

My experience with this many tweaks is that the things that were initially so good with the tactic, is lost with the tweaks. Other areas such as the defense may improve, but you can't really be certain that the offensive touch is kept.

You can call V8 "back to V1", they are very similar and all experience I've had since V1 help me to enhance V8.

I agree version between V1 and V8 were less successful but V8 is different story.

First impressions of the V8 are very good, will play with it and try it out some more.

yeah i'm having really good results with the amr version.