Creating Tiki Taka guide by Igneos Eructid

Thing is, despite this being a good insight (although I question the need for tiki taka threads as we all know how to set it up and its use in modern football is useless) people (like the guy who plays as Deportivo) will fail because they do not have players capable of playing such demands. I look at his tactic and it is quite frankly, awful. It has no balance, silly TI's (like much lower tempo, on standard with short passing you already have low tempo why on earth would you make it slower? Tiki Taka isn't slow. The best football Barca played was fast, quick passing, that is Tiki Taka, not negative keep ball *****). I can guarantee that he doesn't have a good enough defence to play an offside trap. He has no-one attacking the box and an isolated striker. No-one will score goals in such a poor set up, it's on the lowest tempo, narrowest width and shortest passing. With no-one getting into the box and no striker dropping deep enough you will play the worst football possible.

You've told someone to remove pass into space, silly move. Where is the penetration? Barca did play through balls, quite a lot too. Pass into space makes more sense than retain possession. All the TI's are just unnecessary and again, it'll severely limit your play to slow football infront of the AI defence. If you and I, Igneos, were to play a Network game against one another and you used this tactic, I'd beat it comfortably. I'd sit deep, allow you to play your slow and narrow football with no-one attacking my box and constantly counter attack you.

A lot of people when thinking about setting up the old Barca just focus on possession TI's and neglect the attacking aspect of football and Barca. "Retain possesiion, short passing, play out of defence, fluid, control, lower tempo" etc can you not see this will limit you to a one dimensional mess? You do not have a passer of Xavi or an attacker like Iniestia. Nor do you have the ability of Messi. You'll never recreate Pep's Barcelona because of these things. I see people trying with Leeds and Deportivo, losing and then will complain and blame SI. Guess what, you are trying to create a tactic that would take years of building a team capable of playing such a way.

I'm not trying to **** on your thread, I'm just pointing out serious flaws with your OP and the Deportivo guy.

Thing is, despite this being a good insight (although I question the need for tiki taka threads as we all know how to set it up and its use in modern football is useless) people (like the guy who plays as Deportivo) will fail because they do not have players capable of playing such demands. I look at his tactic and it is quite frankly, awful. It has no balance, silly TI's (like much lower tempo, on standard with short passing you already have low tempo why on earth would you make it slower? Tiki Taka isn't slow. The best football Barca played was fast, quick passing, that is Tiki Taka, not negative keep ball *****). I can guarantee that he doesn't have a good enough defence to play an offside trap. He has no-one attacking the box and an isolated striker. No-one will score goals in such a poor set up, it's on the lowest tempo, narrowest width and shortest passing. With no-one getting into the box and no striker dropping deep enough you will play the worst football possible.

You've told someone to remove pass into space, silly move. Where is the penetration? Barca did play through balls, quite a lot too. Pass into space makes more sense than retain possession. All the TI's are just unnecessary and again, it'll severely limit your play to slow football infront of the AI defence. If you and I, Igneos, were to play a Network game against one another and you used this tactic, I'd beat it comfortably. I'd sit deep, allow you to play your slow and narrow football with no-one attacking my box and constantly counter attack you.

A lot of people when thinking about setting up the old Barca just focus on possession TI's and neglect the attacking aspect of football and Barca. "Retain possesiion, short passing, play out of defence, fluid, control, lower tempo" etc can you not see this will limit you to a one dimensional mess? You do not have a passer of Xavi or an attacker like Iniestia. Nor do you have the ability of Messi. You'll never recreate Pep's Barcelona because of these things. I see people trying with Leeds and Deportivo, losing and then will complain and blame SI. Guess what, you are trying to create a tactic that would take years of building a team capable of playing such a way.

I'm not trying to **** on your thread, I'm just pointing out serious flaws with your OP and the Deportivo guy.

What is the point of this post? So you dont think it will work, fair enough but there is no need to post all that. I for one find that it is working, so far p5 w4 l1, now that is a no bad start. Im sure with a few tweaks here and there it will be a great tactic! Why dont you help by giving suggestions on how to improve the tactic instead of slating it and offering no alternative!!

Ok. I'll use example.tac and we can play a network game any time you wish. The Deportivo guy made his own alterations, and that is why he wasn't winning. I hope you agree we post the result publicly?

Last edited:
ok cool will try that but working fine with leeds played 5 W3 D2 not bad start lol

called dark skin football manager think i got it from steam or fm-scout site can't remember lol

View attachment 336679

I have a tiki-taka based tactic and as you can see i struggle to get penetration XD

View attachment 336675

20 goals in 2 games lol

View attachment 336674

So that`s an average of 5 goals per game, right ?

Last edited:
after seeing the screen shots, i thought and im sure i wont be the only one, i need a piece of that!!!

noticed your using the soarelerasare barcelona 09 tactic which i think is one of your own creation. so i searched the forum and internet to see if it was available to download. i have found it and it is indeed your very own. anyway i have downloaded it but it looks different from the one in the above screen shot? have you made any alterations or have i downloaded the wrong one??

after seeing the screen shots, i thought and im sure i wont be the only one, i need a piece of that!!!

noticed your using the soarelerasare barcelona 09 tactic which i think is one of your own creation. so i searched the forum and internet to see if it was available to download. i have found it and it is indeed your very own. anyway i have downloaded it but it looks different from the one in the above screen shot? have you made any alterations or have i downloaded the wrong one??

Made a few changes, yes, i`ll see how it goes for the rest of the season if its all okay i`ll drop it around. :)

Made a few changes, yes, i`ll see how it goes for the rest of the season if its all okay i`ll drop it around. :)

ah i thought so, if you could put it up that would be great! could you keep us up to date with how how its going? screenies of games,player stats goals etc?
if those first 2 games are anything to go by then it should be a fantastic season for you

View attachment 336606View attachment 336601

So this is my tactic, Wigan 20/21 season. I chose this formation because the Man Utd in my game uses it and are pretty much unbeatable. I started using this from the 2-0 win against Chelsea.

All my instructions as per opening post, training balanced and def positioning. Its not fully fluid yet but starting to have some good results. The Forrest game I lost due to kids playing, my fault!

ah i thought so, if you could put it up that would be great! could you keep us up to date with how how its going? screenies of games,player stats goals etc?
if those first 2 games are anything to go by then it should be a fantastic season for you

draw a game right after i posted the screen, then stopped playing cuz had some irl to do.

When i came back

View attachment 336586

Goals conceeded were either set pieces (which i am too lazy to assign and will not ever train defending) or keeper mistake (der stegen, i have him on pass to defenders, play short yet he still kicks the ball ceasing possesion ?!?!?!) or much higher def line ( i use busquets as central def cuz bartra was sold due his clause being activated - lfc update, i can't refuse any offers on my players - cant sign new ones).

Upfront looks decent so far.

draw a game right after i posted the screen, then stopped playing cuz had some irl to do.

When i came back

View attachment 687695

Goals conceeded were either set pieces (which i am too lazy to assign and will not ever train defending) or keeper mistake (der stegen, i have him on pass to defenders, play short yet he still kicks the ball ceasing possesion ?!?!?!) or much higher def line ( i use busquets as central def cuz bartra was sold due his clause being activated - lfc update, i can't refuse any offers on my players - cant sign new ones).

Upfront looks decent so far.

looks amazing, could you please upload now as i need to try this!!! lol
im also using LFC update but with man u

oh and can you show how many goals messi has scored please

oh and can you show how many goals messi has scored please

View attachment 336563View attachment 336562

33 so far, 1 january, imo a better season than the last.

View attachment 336561

Think this is it.

I`ve trained neymar as a winger (curls ball -from adriano, beats offside trap, plays one-twos and places shots.

He already had cuts inside (which he won`t untrain) and run with ball often.

Rest of them ppm are untouched.

View attachment 336556

hehehe
View attachment 336555

40 mio for song lololol

I would have sold for 10-15 just to get rid of him.

View attachment 336554

This is the aimed formation.

To play with : defensive line (i`ll drop deep till i get fast center backs - although i said to myself i won't buy **** - didnt buy 2 seasons a single player, sold bartra 47 mio, pedro around that too and now song 40 lol. Shouldn't have sold bartra, he is good)
The playmaker (iniesta role) i have him on ap(s). Thing is iniesta sometimes played as deep lying playmaker, sometimes he goes forward to stay in the hole (exactly my role) and usually speeeds the tempo (one-twos, through balls, etc). The ppms he has are "switch to another flank - which fit him in deeper positions, in a very high line setup he`s in tight space so would benefit from a treq role - default roam)

Thats pretty much it.

Last edited: