Formula One Discussion Thread

yeah hand almost severed, career is in serious trouble. What a crying shame, such a talented racer
Awake and fully conscious today after the long operation to repair damage to his hand - wont know for a week how successful the operation is
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9389513.stm

Reminds me a bit of Nannini's injury a few years back - we were robbed of a future F1 champion back then, i hope we haven't been robbed of a second..

Last edited:
I'm going for Malaysia GP. Very excited. This is the first time I'm watching F1 and guess what My bro is booking Grand stand tickets. Just can't wait for the day.

Actually i lost bit interest with retirement of Schumacher and also when Ferrari released Raikkonen. Now i just keep checking the standing.

And Go Force India :wub:

Last edited:
Awake and fully conscious today after the long operation to repair damage to his hand - wont know for a week how successful the operation is
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9389513.stm

Reminds me a bit of Nannini's injury a few years back - we were robbed of a future F1 champion back then, i hope we haven't been robbed of a second..

Seen the pictures of the car, it was an absolute wreck. Hope it doesn't effect his career too much, he's such a quality driver, in terms of sheer quickness he's probably in the top 3 drivers, if he got a shot at a big team he could push Alonso/Hamilton all the way.

It was a real shame what happened to Nannini, I've got an old VHS where Murray Walker waxes lyrical about him, he could have gatecrashed the whole Hill/Schumacher rivalry.

I feel sorry for Kubica... I thought he was great...

It would be better for Renualt (I refuse to call them Lotus Renualt) to loan Fishichella as Ferrari said they would do if a team wanted him. It would be better than **** Senna.

I feel sorry for Kubica... I thought he was great...

It would be better for Renualt (I refuse to call them Lotus Renualt) to loan Fishichella as Ferrari said they would do if a team wanted him. It would be better than **** Senna.

I dont think you should put Senna down like that last year he had a team that didnt really support him so how could he do well. I think he should be given a chance maybe he might turn out to be like his uncle Ayrton. think about it Button when he got a better car was able to win races who is to say that Bruno Senna cant

I never really liked Kubica, but he was no doubt a great driver.

5 to shine this year:

Vettel (current world champion and the red bull car has improved)
Kobayashi (The hairpin King is getting more experienced and takes his chances)
De Resta (Youngster who has raced well in German Car Racing)
Hamilton (Was unlucky at the start of the season but got better and better as the season wore on)
Petrov (Held Alonso almost the whole way in Abu Dhabi and even if the car isn't fast, he can hold position)

Also look out for Webber, Alonso, Rosberg and Barrichello

Kubica is for sure a future champion. If he comes back from this terrible accident, it may take him a while to get back into it but, he is still a future great.

This season I really hope Lotus are stronger. Maybe being slap bang in the middle of the field. Button or Webber to win the championship, unfortunately with team orders being back, I can see McLaren favoring their little *** boy Hamilton and Red Bull favoring Vettel.

Oh and by the way.....Singapore here I come! Again! Last year was amazing, this year will hopefully be the same!!!

Seen the pictures of the car, it was an absolute wreck. Hope it doesn't effect his career too much, he's such a quality driver, in terms of sheer quickness he's probably in the top 3 drivers, if he got a shot at a big team he could push Alonso/Hamilton all the way.

It was a real shame what happened to Nannini, I've got an old VHS where Murray Walker waxes lyrical about him, he could have gatecrashed the whole Hill/Schumacher rivalry.
At Benetton 89/90 Nannini was pushing for victories and picking up podiums in the 4th fastest car, regularly beating 3 time champion teammate Nelson Piquet.

What you said about him gatecrashing the Hill/Schumacher rivalry got me thinking - Schumacher only got his move to Benetton because they were looking for an up and coming driver to lead the team - something they wouldn't have needed had Nannini stayed fit. So if Schumacher had stayed at Jordan for 92(Jordan had an awful car in 92) then his F1 career may never had took off...

Maybe, just maybe, Bruno Senna could be the one to make a name for himself this time

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

HRT release first images of their 2011 car

SkySports_Simon Simon Thomas
#Formula1 Lotus Renault confirm that Nick Heidfeld replaces the injured Robert Kubica in their driving line-up.

SkySports_Simon Simon Thomas
#Formula1 Lotus Renault confirm that Nick Heidfeld replaces the injured Robert Kubica in their driving line-up.
Nothing on BBC Sport F1 yet... they're bit slow on the uptake. No surprise if he has got the drive, the need someone who is experienced a setting up the car and has race experience - Except for Raikkonen, Heidfeld is the best out there

will link it when its up

Doubts over next months Bahrain GP

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Thank you

Like i said, he was the obvious choice with Raikkonen not interested in a return fo F1

Well done BBC, got there in the end http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9399985.stm

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:59 PM ----------

Bahrain GP Could Be Cancelled

Last edited:
I wish Raikonen would come back to F1... he was an awesome driver......

This season should be immense though and Lotus look like they have a mid table package.

Doubts over next months Bahrain GP

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:59 PM ----------

Bahrain GP Could Be Cancelled

Crikey just seen about this on Sky Sports News. They're saying that Bernie will make a decision next week, if this civil unrest continues surely the race can't possibly go ahead.

It would be nice to see the first race of the season as it was a nice tradition since Melbourne came onto the F1 scene (First race of the season from 1996 until quite recently). And I'm not a big fan of the Bahrain GP anyway :p Probably the most boring race of the season last year.

If the race is cancelled, what do you think would happen? Move the Bahrain race until later in the season when it is safer (But I thought the Bahrain race was at this time as it is not so hot there now so that could be a problem). I would like to see an extra race added on somewhere else, maybe (but very unlikely) Kylami?

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Crikey just seen about this on Sky Sports News. They're saying that Bernie will make a decision next week, if this civil unrest continues surely the race can't possibly go ahead.

It would be nice to see the first race of the season as it was a nice tradition since Melbourne came onto the F1 scene (First race of the season from 1996 until quite recently). And I'm not a big fan of the Bahrain GP anyway :p Probably the most boring race of the season last year.

If the race is cancelled, what do you think would happen? Move the Bahrain race until later in the season when it is safer (But I thought the Bahrain race was at this time as it is not so hot there now so that could be a problem). I would like to see an extra race added on somewhere else, maybe (but very unlikely) Kylami?

What are everyone else's thoughts?
A record 20 races this season if Bahrain goes ahead so for that reason if it get cancelled i don't think there will be a need to hastily find a replacement as 19 is enough anyway.

If they did look for a replacement then i'd like to see France Magny Cours, always liked that track. But imo the one that would make sense commercially and ease of organization would be Indianapolis. As i said though, i doubt it would be replaced.

It might not get cancelled yet anyway, Bernie to make decision on Wednesday and he seems more optimistic today http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9401820.stm

or they could just reschdule it to the end of teh season so anyone whose already bought tickets won't need to be refunded and they won't have to fly to see it and the situation should be sorted by then.

Looking at the videos/pictures pretty sure it won't go ahead. So much trouble going on there with the army firing randomly on any protesters.