Kyanite

Reaction score
EDIT: Tactic no longer functions correctly on new patch.
May try and fix it some time in the future.

I know another Mourinho Chelsea tactic cropped up a few hours ago, however I have been creating this ever since I finished with my Mourinho's Magical Madrid tactic. It has been finished for a good 5 hours now, but I finished the season first to provide you all with proof.
I will fully write up this tactic tomorrow.
Here it is for now.
IAGP1n-QaJ3My9eXlyb6.png

I don't mean to come up with excuses regarding the community shield, but I holidayed through pre-season and the community shield game was my first where I experimented with the tactic and commenced building it after seeing it in play.
Once I made changes here and there and most notably to player instructions, it has been a machine.
Some of you won't agree with the roles, i.e. everyone knows Drogba was a target man, however in truth he wasn't a typical target man. He was more of an all round striker - who HAS to also be a target man. Therefore why I have gone with a complete forward as it is a target man + a poacher in one.
The rest of it is more or less typical Chelsea under Mourinho. Inside forwards with supporting full backs. Forwards tuck in to allow full backs to cross the ball in and so forth.
Enjoy.

u7gusp625UMWogB0GhTC.png

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Link dont work for me. You have another link please

I know another Mourinho Chelsea tactic cropped up a few hours ago, however I have been creating this ever since I finished with my Mourinho's Magical Madrid tactic. It has been finished for a good 5 hours now, but I finished the season first to provide you all with proof.I will fully write up this tactic tomorrow.Here it is for now.
IAGP1n-QaJ3My9eXlyb6.png
I don't mean to come up with excuses regarding the community shield, but I holidayed through pre-season and the community shield game was my first where I experimented with the tactic and commenced building it after seeing it in play.Once I made changes here and there and most notably to player instructions, it has been a machine.Some of you won't agree with the roles, i.e. everyone knows Drogba was a target man, however in truth he wasn't a typical target man. He was more of an all round striker - who HAS to also be a target man. Therefore why I have gone with a complete forward as it is a target man + a poacher in one.The rest of it is more or less typical Chelsea under Mourinho. Inside forwards with supporting full backs. Forwards tuck in to allow full backs to cross the ball in and so forth.Enjoy.
u7gusp625UMWogB0GhTC.png
DOWNLOAD

Is it possible for you to show us, which players you were using at the different spots? - Like where have you been playing Mata? and which defenders and you used?
looks very promising thanks for the upload :)

Is it possible for you to show us, which players you were using at the different spots? - Like where have you been playing Mata? and which defenders and you used?
looks very promising thanks for the upload :)

Goalie - Cech
RB - Azpilicueta
LD - One of your center backs
CB - Another center back (really hasnt made much difference as to which i've used where, the combination of diff roles is what makes it solid)
LB - Cole
CDM - De Rossi/Nainggolan/Mikel
CMR - Ramires/Nainggolan
CML - Lampard/Oscar
AML - Hazard/Mata
AMR - Ben Arfa/Mata
ST - Torres/Ba

Edit: I prefer Dave (azpilicueta) at right back coz he is physically better which is important for support full backs going back and forth all game. Ivanovic is a center back ideally for this tactic IMO. Terry & Ivanovic are your strongest couple with Cahill & Luiz as backup.

Also note this tactic hits the post a lot lol

One more question m8, How the **** is it possible to play a high D-line and an offside trap, with JT on your team? :eek:

One more question m8, How the **** is it possible to play a high D-line and an offside trap, with JT on your team? :eek:

Don't ask me, ask Mourinho who I have imitated lol

But on a serious note, the line isn't that high. We are very solid in the middle due to the anchorman and 3 center mids so most opposition aim to attack down the sides, so full backs can keep up with attackers and let the line move back ;)

Oh well, ill try it of course. Well get back and see how i do :)

Looks good mate, the only thing i would say though is that they played Counter attacking football, they were solid defensive unit but counter attacked rather quickly in direct and high tempo fasion.. would this work if i download it and change the team strategy to Counter?

Don't ask me, ask Mourinho who I have imitated lol

But on a serious note, the line isn't that high. We are very solid in the middle due to the anchorman and 3 center mids so most opposition aim to attack down the sides, so full backs can keep up with attackers and let the line move back ;)
he definitely played deep defensive line.. i read alot of about this on the internet..

could you re upload mate as download link not working for me

Looks good mate, the only thing i would say though is that they played Counter attacking football, they were solid defensive unit but counter attacked rather quickly in direct and high tempo fasion.. would this work if i download it and change the team strategy to Counter?
I know they played counter attacking football, but it's possible to play counter attacking football without the "counter" strategy. The "counter" strategy by definition looks to sit all men behind the ball and then try to counter attack via a small number of people, should it look like something might come of it then the move will carry on otherwise they will prefer to hold play and frustrate opposition and give them the ball back then get back to "parking the plane" - as Mourinho once famously said.
The attacking strategy means the team are attempting to attack from kick off, which always was the case for Mourinho. All men got behind the ball when defending except the front 3 where the wingers who sometimes covered for full backs but that was it. Due to the strength in the Chelsea side their aim would always be to attack and if they could keep the ball the whole game, control the tempo, bla bla bla they wouldn't say no, they will prefer this over giving the ball away then trying to catch the team on the counter. However, there always are those games where the opposition is giving you a good game & you don't see much of the ball. This is where the sudden counter attacking came in which is precisely what is in the tactic. Defending as a unit then being capable to counter when required. It's like Real Madrid, they play some superb direct fast tempo'd counter attacking football. But when you watch them in la liga in a game they are dominating 60%+ possession they don't hold the ball in their half, wait for the opposition to press them, then smash a long ball down the pitch and hope for the best. They pass it around, play it on the ground in an attacking fashion because they can! Counter attacking is only relevant when you switch defence to attack. i.e. opposition set piece & counter attacking is initiated OR you tackle them unexpectedly in the middle of the park and the counter hits.

he definitely played deep defensive line.. i read alot of about this on the internet..
He did play a deep defensive line, but it wasn't as deep as the FM match engine defines 'deep'. Normal was too deep even when I was analysing the tactic against City - particularly when you consider how opposition and the types of players have changed nowadays. In 2004 - Mourinho era - there were less pacey players, more 4-4-2's, less opposition players 'in between the lines' and so forth. It's also worth noting that FM is a game and that you need to take everything it gives you with a pinch of salt. Drogba was arguably a target man, but putting him there as a target man in this tactic was literally useless, that's just how the game & match engine works. Just how when one attempts to recreate tiki taka, sets all the instructions and even player instructions RIGHT, and you still somehow end up with only 50% possession. In FM, I believe the algorithm or whatever is linked between defensive line & pressing. If you stand off with a high defensive line, this is deeper than if you press more with a high defensive line. The high defensive line with standing off means the defensive line are high but as you are attacked that 'unit' will drop back as one as deep as it requires to be. There's no limit really otherwise teams who play with a high defensive line would limit them to lets say 25m in front of goal & if attackers are coming towards them, then you would expect them to move back. Not decide "oh the attacker has gone past our line of defence and we can't move backwards anymore because we are playing a high line so lets just stand still and keep our line". I hope I'm getting my point across lol
Long story short, rigid + stand off + normal/high (70%) would be a normal rigid 'plane' of a defensive line. Fluid + press more + normal/high (70%) would be a Barcelona defensive line where it isn't a unit but players have more freedom and if a stopper for example pushes forward he won't be dropping back with the rest of the defense, that is assuming there isn't so much freedom that the whole defensive line doesn't crumble.
I hope this made sense as to why one needs to take FM with a pinch of salt lol. The team instructions are only half the story, most of the time the match engine portrays things differently as to one may imagine it so we need to tweak things (such as TM to CF or CM(Att) to CM (Auto)).

could you re upload mate as download link not working for me
done :)
the download link is broken bud.

I know they played counter attacking football, but it's possible to play counter attacking football without the "counter" strategy. The "counter" strategy by definition looks to sit all men behind the ball and then try to counter attack via a small number of people, should it look like something might come of it then the move will carry on otherwise they will prefer to hold play and frustrate opposition and give them the ball back then get back to "parking the plane" - as Mourinho once famously said.
The attacking strategy means the team are attempting to attack from kick off, which always was the case for Mourinho. All men got behind the ball when defending except the front 3 where the wingers who sometimes covered for full backs but that was it. Due to the strength in the Chelsea side their aim would always be to attack and if they could keep the ball the whole game, control the tempo, bla bla bla they wouldn't say no, they will prefer this over giving the ball away then trying to catch the team on the counter. However, there always are those games where the opposition is giving you a good game & you don't see much of the ball. This is where the sudden counter attacking came in which is precisely what is in the tactic. Defending as a unit then being capable to counter when required. It's like Real Madrid, they play some superb direct fast tempo'd counter attacking football. But when you watch them in la liga in a game they are dominating 60%+ possession they don't hold the ball in their half, wait for the opposition to press them, then smash a long ball down the pitch and hope for the best. They pass it around, play it on the ground in an attacking fashion because they can! Counter attacking is only relevant when you switch defence to attack. i.e. opposition set piece & counter attacking is initiated OR you tackle them unexpectedly in the middle of the park and the counter hits.

He did play a deep defensive line, but it wasn't as deep as the FM match engine defines 'deep'. Normal was too deep even when I was analysing the tactic against City - particularly when you consider how opposition and the types of players have changed nowadays. In 2004 - Mourinho era - there were less pacey players, more 4-4-2's, less opposition players 'in between the lines' and so forth. It's also worth noting that FM is a game and that you need to take everything it gives you with a pinch of salt. Drogba was arguably a target man, but putting him there as a target man in this tactic was literally useless, that's just how the game & match engine works. Just how when one attempts to recreate tiki taka, sets all the instructions and even player instructions RIGHT, and you still somehow end up with only 50% possession. In FM, I believe the algorithm or whatever is linked between defensive line & pressing. If you stand off with a high defensive line, this is deeper than if you press more with a high defensive line. The high defensive line with standing off means the defensive line are high but as you are attacked that 'unit' will drop back as one as deep as it requires to be. There's no limit really otherwise teams who play with a high defensive line would limit them to lets say 25m in front of goal & if attackers are coming towards them, then you would expect them to move back. Not decide "oh the attacker has gone past our line of defence and we can't move backwards anymore because we are playing a high line so lets just stand still and keep our line". I hope I'm getting my point across lol
Long story short, rigid + stand off + normal/high (70%) would be a normal rigid 'plane' of a defensive line. Fluid + press more + normal/high (70%) would be a Barcelona defensive line where it isn't a unit but players have more freedom and if a stopper for example pushes forward he won't be dropping back with the rest of the defense, that is assuming there isn't so much freedom that the whole defensive line doesn't crumble.
I hope this made sense as to why one needs to take FM with a pinch of salt lol. The team instructions are only half the story, most of the time the match engine portrays things differently as to one may imagine it so we need to tweak things (such as TM to CF or CM(Att) to CM (Auto)).

It makes a lot sense mate, I will definitely try to use your concept on my current tactic, and ones I create in future.. :)

I do take it word for word maybe that's where am going wrong! but not many people sit and study it in detail. it is a game after all !! to me deep line should be deep but then just like when i take long shots option off players and they still take long shots which are no where near target and a waste of a good opportunity! ... you know more than me so I will just follow your advice.

I will add this tactic to my list get them trained on it as soon as possible :)

I have a good solid tactic at the moment that could do do with some improvement ... i have created a 3-5-2 (with wing backs and SW which i have now changed to libero) the game play and results were awesome begging of the season, however getting near December and i have notice a decline in the way the game is going, although the results are OK i find that the tactic that once awesome needs a lot of shouts and changes during the game for me to win against some sides i should be beating easily and at home, for example to win last game against Torino i finshed the game playing 2 at the back and 6 Mids and 2 forwards to score in the last two minutes two goals and win 2-1...

I was thinking about starting a thread about my team and the tactic... get people's feedback and invite them to try it and see if it can be improved to make it more robust and be more in control of games than it is now..

I would be most interested in your thoughts on it too.. your experience in analyzing FM engine and tactics are second to none, and I wonder only if you don't mind taking a look at my tactic if i send it to you to try? really just after advice i am not asking to have it re-created for me, as i would like one tactic to be my own creation after all :)

it keeps trying to download iLividSetup.exe when i click on download? has anyone managed to download the tactic?