Sir Alex Ferguson: The Career.

Great story, but how did you manage to promote to the second league, and then be the champion? That has to be a great tactic you use!

Great story, but how did you manage to promote to the second league, and then be the champion? That has to be a great tactic you use!

Cheers. The first season tactic was my own. Second season was Mr Hough's one. Its awesome

Proof I've made the big time. Scottish Division One. New kit sponsorship. A cool £1,000 3-year deal. OMG

Further proof I've made the 'big time'... no more 4-0 victories. :'( It seems this season is gonna be a battle.

Hopefully a full season update end of tomorrow/early sunday

Season Three – East Stirlingshire – Scottish Division One

A TRIP TO TRAFFORD??

Before the season began the legend that is Sir Alex Ferguson finally retired from Manchester United. So I submitted a cheeky job application, obviously not expecting to be hired by the biggest club in the world. And that’s exactly what happened!

View attachment 205715

I will return one day!

Key Signings

Cameron Smith (ST) – on loan from Aberdeen. A beast of a kid. Good in the air and a decent turn of pace. Should get me goals.

View attachment 205717

Kevin Nicol (DM) – A former Hibs man. Will add go experience to midfield in what is a largely young inexperienced squad.

View attachment 205718

Brian Ryan (DC) – Not only does his name rhyme but he’s a decent centre half for this division.

View attachment 205716

July/August 2013

Challenge Cup 1st​ Round
East Stirlingshire 1 v 0 Hamilton

League Cup 1st​ Round
Arbroath 0 v 3 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 2 v 2 Raith

Challenge Cup 2nd​ Round
East Stirlingshire 0 v 1 Cowdenbeath

Falkirk 2 v 2 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 5 v 2 Ross County

League Cup 2nd​ Round
St Mirren 3 v 0 East Stirlingshire

St Mirren 1 v 0 East Stirlingshire

September

East Stirlingshire 4 v 1 Hamilton

Cowdenbeath 4 v 2 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 1 v 1 Livingston

Partick Thistle 4 v 0 East Stirlingshire

October

Raith 5 v 2 East Stirlingshire

Morton 0 v 2 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 2 v 0 Falkirk

November

Ross County 3 v 5 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 1 v 1 St Mirren

Hamilton 3 v 2 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 4 v 0 Cowdenbeath

East Stirlingshire 4 v 1 Partick Thistle

Scottish Cup 3rd​ Round
Albion Rovers 2 v 3 East Stirlingshire

December

Livingston 1 v 1 East Stirlingshire

After the sacking of Derek McInnes I applied for the St Mirren job for the second time. Despite an growing reputation and us sitting above the Buddies in the league, I was again overlooked – the job this time going to Simon Davey. It looks like I’m going to have to d this the hard way!

View attachment 205725

East Stirlingshire 1 v 0 Morton

East Stirlingshire 3 v 1 Raith

Falkirk 1 v 0 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 0 v 0 Ross County

Interest from Middlesbrough?
Apparently I’m odds-on favourite for the vacant managers job at Championship side Middlesbrough. If I weren’t emulating Sir Alex I would probably apply for the job but I won’t and in the end Boro didn’t approach me or the club. At least other clubs are starting to take notice of my achievements.

View attachment 205724

January 2014

St Mirren 1 v 5 East Stirlingshire

Scottish Cup 4th​ Round
Montrose 1 v 4 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 1 v 1 Hamilton

February

East Stirlingshire 0 v 0 Livingston

Cowdenbeath 0 v 2 East Stirlingshire

Scottish Cup 5th​ Round
East Stirlingshire 1 v 0 Raith

Partick Thistle 2 v 2 East Stirlingshire

Morton 2 v 1 East Stirlingshire

March

Raith 1 v 4 East Stirlingshire

Scottish Cup Quarter Final
East Stirlingshire 2 v 3 Celtic

East Stirlingshire 0 v 1 Falkirk

Ross County 0 v 3 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 5 v 1 St Mirren

April

With 5 games to go we find ourselves riding high in the division, exceeding all expectations. One point off the lead (and only promotion slot) can we achieve a third consecutive promotion and reach the top of the Scottish game??

On a side note, the board have offered me a new contract worth £1,400 a week. I’ve decided to delay a decision on it until the end of the season as we have a realistic chance of finishing this season as CHAMPIONS!

5 Games to go:

View attachment 205723

Hamilton 3 v 3 East Stirlingshire ------ Partick Thistle 2 v 5 Falkirk

Falkirk open up a 3 point lead at the top.

4 Games to go:

Livingston 1 v 4 East Stirlingshire --------- St Mirren 1 v 0 Falkirk

3 Games to go:

View attachment 205722

East Stirlingshire 4 v 0 Cowdenbeath --------- Falkirk 1 v 3 Ross County

2 Games to go:

View attachment 205721

East Stirlingshire 5 v 0 Partick Thistle ----- Ross County 4 v 2 St Mirren

1 GAME TO GO:

View attachment 205720
East Stirlingshire 4 v 3 Morton -------- Hamilton 3 v 1 Ross County

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE CROWNED CHAMPIONS ON A DAY OF DRAMA!!

View attachment 205719

WHAT A FINAL DAY OF THE SEASON! WHAT A SEASON!! High drama folks. I went 1-0 down and Ross County went 1-0 up. At that point we were down and out and looking at another season in the First Division. But our luck changed. We drew level and really should have won with a couple of goals disallowed (seems to happen too often in FM12!). In the other game Hamilton rallied and put Ross County to the sword and we crowned CHAMPIONS!

When I started this journey I truly never envisaged three consecutive promotions! I thought maybe we had an outside change of promotion from Division Three in the first season. Then maybe a year or two in Division Two before promotion again. Then maybe another couple of seasons of strengthening before a final push for the Premier Divison.

I also thought that maybe after a promotion or two that either the St Mirren or Aberdeen job would become available and I could rise through the divisions by changing jobs rather than through work, sweat and tears with East Stirlingshire.

Ah well. We’re in the big time now! A truly huge enormous challenge awaits us now in the SPL. Trips to Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and the likes we test us to the absolute limit. Genuinely, I can’t see us finish anywhere other than bottom next year. We may even set a new record low points total. The set up in class is really that enormous when you look at the level of players I’ve been able to attract to the Shire.

Wish me luck!!

Steam Achievement unlocked: SCOTTISH HERO

Last edited:
Absoulotley amazing mate!! Can`t wait till next season!!! best story on here for me!

Cheers mate. The board just gave me my budget for the SPL. £0 for transfers. Wage Budget of £6k a week! We're going to get absolutely hammered by everyone this year!!

Lol hopefully u wont could u do a screenshot of ur tactic!? please and when is next update

Ok also sorry for keeping u busy what league 2 football team shall i start with for a fm story,thanks
Nice tactic too might use it!!