Raikan007

Reaction score
Prologue:

Since about Fm07 or Fm08 or so, the whole winger tactic and TM style tactic has disappeared from the game and communities as it has been extremely difficult to produce a good tactic that exposes the wings and gets in crosses that cause any sort of problem!

You will be lucky if you get around a 25% cross completion rate every game, the highest I have got is 44%, but as in real life not every cross is going to find the target.. So just keep that in mind :)

This tactic was designed to play quickly and directly out wide and get the wingers to whip in crosses for your strikers to get on the end of! This is still a difficult approach and does not promise success for everyone who uses it, it is merely an attempt to re-create a good old fashioned winger tactic using the modern tactic creator!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and I hope it can produce a few good results! Good luck :)

Target Man Winger tactic by Raikan007:
(To download tactic click the heading above)

Formation & Instructions:

View attachment 241375
Touchline Shouts:

View attachment 241374
Opposition Instructions:

• Assign assistant manager via the Team Policy screen
  • I suggest showing all their Attacking players to their weaker foots and closing down their main playmaker as well as hard tackling on their quicker strikers and wingers
  • You can also close down and tight mark the most uncomposed central defender and show him to his weaker foot

Match Results, League Tables & Fixtures:
(Various teams)

View attachment 241383View attachment 241382View attachment 241372View attachment 241371View attachment 241384View attachment 241385View attachment 241398View attachment 241397View attachment 241396View attachment 241395View attachment 241394View attachment 241393View attachment 241392View attachment 241391View attachment 241390View attachment 241389View attachment 241388View attachment 241387View attachment 241386View attachment 241369View attachment 241368View attachment 241352View attachment 241351View attachment 241350View attachment 241349View attachment 241348View attachment 241347View attachment 241346View attachment 241345View attachment 241344View attachment 241343View attachment 241342View attachment 241341View attachment 241339View attachment 241353View attachment 241354View attachment 241367View attachment 241366View attachment 241365View attachment 241364View attachment 241363View attachment 241362View attachment 241361View attachment 241360View attachment 241359View attachment 241358View attachment 241357View attachment 241356View attachment 241355View attachment 241340

Best performances:
(some of the SS got mixed up in the above heading, the United win and the Arsenal win are the other results that should be below here)

View attachment 241399View attachment 241380View attachment 241379View attachment 241378View attachment 241377

Top performers:

View attachment 241404View attachment 241400View attachment 241403View attachment 241402View attachment 241401

Match Prep:

• High to Very High: teamwork during pre-season.
  • Low Defending Positioning during season
  • Low: Attacking Movement For extra goals
(the reason why you need to leave it low during the season (when it is at least 3/4 of the way fluid) is that it takes a substantial amount of the training percentage away from the player so player progression is not affected as much)

Suggested Player types:

Goalkeeper:
Good old fashioned Keeper normal shot stopper etc
(Maarten Stekelenburg, De Gea, Cech)

Full Backs:
Good on defense and positioning, high work rate, good marking, plus: good at running with ball and passing/crossing is essential!
(
Schwaab, Fucile, Bale, Gabriel Silva)

Centrebacks:

Composed and determined, pacey and good anticipation is a must, ball player, not necessary, just a good centreback!
(Ferdinand, Kjaer)

Ball Winner:
Good stamina, work rate, tackling, strength teamwork, passing and positioning, good old fashioned Centre Defensive mid, an all round good midfielder adept at defending and attacking!
(Ognjen Vukojevic, Yann M'Vila, Javi Martinez)

Deep lying playmaker:
good at passing, high stamina, good at tracking back helping on defence and picking up the ball deep, he will drop deep and and pick up possession and spray the passes out wide to the wingers, creativity is essential and a good first touch with technique/decisions/work rate
(Rooney, Rossi, Tevez, Berbatov)

Wingers:
Extremely quick, agile, determined good decision makers, high flair and dribbling and crossing. Good off the ball movement, stamina are also very important.
(Hulk, Willian, Di Maria, Gotze)

Poacher:
Poacher, quick and good at finishing, off the ball.
(Hernandez, Lavezzi, Welbeck, Pato)

Target Man:
Big strong, good in the air striker, someone who can hold up the ball and challenge defenders in the air when crosses come in, the crosses are not floated so jumping is not essential.
(Hernandez, Carrol, Necid, Llorente)

Extra Notes:

This tactic requires quick wingers, however, it does not have to have a Target Man, the TM role has been left as defualt to allow you to change the role to suit another player you may have, like Rooney or Cavani etc as a complete forward type player.

The crossing is set to drill as floating does not really work, even for the biggest and strongest type strikers, it does not work! I have tried it over and over again and have seen really bad results with it in comparison to drilling the crosses, you can always play around with it if you want and try floating the crosses in if you have two tall strikers like Crouch/Jones at Stoke and see how that goes from there :)

I have not set a playmaker and TM as this focuses the play to much on two people, this is a team sport and the entire team needs to get involved!

For away games:

Change to counter and change the shouts to clear ball to flanks instead of look for overlap!
This is also a good idea when facing a strong team at home as well! This needs to be done if you are not the best team in the league :)

Other than that, good luck and enjoy

please excuse some of the SS above, I cannot edit the post as it completely screws up the entire layout if I try and go into advanced to delete the SS that are not meant to be in there!

Also, not every game in the fixtures above was this tactic, it was a mixture of these two as well (and some of the members here who have asked me to test some of theirs)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...12-2-0-latest-patch-serious-testers-only.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...session-ccc-tactic-raikan007.html#post1493119

Perfect tactic for my Montpellier save with Belhanda, Ait Fana on the wings and the big Giroud up front. Will give this one a try. :)

Highest pitch dimensions and yes it should :)

anyone tried it yet??

I'll add it to my stock of tactics to look into :)

its a done/finished tactic but you are more than welcome to test it :)

look forward to the results! would be good for Di Santo/Rodagella

My FM decided it wanted to close for no reason and i lost 30 games of progress in my wigan save, none the less i shall re start and show some results soon

JP:
How will this one work with a lower side of team? Like the post before, Wigan type of team? Im a bit delighted to try out with Pompey on the new patch!

thanks

JP:
How will this one work with a lower side of team? Like the post before, Wigan type of team? Im a bit delighted to try out with Pompey on the new patch!

thanks

I dont know, should work well I hope with the counter settings used :)

Okey. One more thing Raikan, how about the shouts? What if i dont use it? Better or worse results?

thanks

get ball forward and pass into space are a must as well as exploit flanks so the dlp and bwm can pass it out wide :)