Recent content by Marshy

  1. M

    The Christchurch Story, Rags to Riches

    £37?! That's mad. I did a similar thing with Stanway Rovers but got bored half way through my first season but we were sitting in mid table so if you make some good signings you can really do well. Definitely try and get a parent club, if you're lucky you might get Bournemouth. Also, do you have...
  2. M

    Worst EVER Signings in the Premiership

    To be fair, Reyes did a pretty good job at Arsenal and was getting quite a few goals up until one game against United when he was Gary Neville's ***** and they kicked him round the pitch. He was never really the same after that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia That is the worst signing...
  3. M

    FM Base August Challenge Vote

    Looks like Linfield has this one won. I might make this the first challenge I do, seems like it will be fun.
  4. M

    Is it better to play with a higher or lower team

    Start a new game, you won't get a job at one of those clubs if you resign at Utd after just one season. Seeing as you're new to the game I'd say manage higher clubs but if you choose to manage a really lower side, the advantage is that their expectations will be very low so, really you can't do...
  5. M

    Fave Joke?

    You guys heard the one about the dyslexic that walked into a bra? Thank you, I'm here all week. ;)
  6. M

    The beggining of a beautiful career!

    Moses Ashikodi as a striker in the BSS/BSN will do you a fantastic job. I had him at Telford for 3 seasons and he shattered the goalscoring record for the club and he's available on a free too. I don't know if AFC Wimbledon have a parent club but if they don't you should definitely look to get...
  7. M

    **UPDATED** Inspired by: The road from 2nd Div. B1 to the Champions League

    Uh oh...... Me thinks someone's been cheating. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8709&d=1248893370 User steps down in the news? That wouldn't happen to be a manager who goes by the name of New User would it? Odd, how that coincides with a "dominant win". Tut tut.
  8. M

    Photoshop

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=photoshop+crack
  9. M

    Greetings From Thimphu - The Joys of Managing Bhutan

    Fantastic read mate, this is the first time I've come on FM-Base in a while and you've got me hooked. Just wondering, how many leagues are you running and which ones are they?
  10. M

    Millwall

    I've been at Millwall. I don't think you'll need a new CB because Whitbread and Robinson are probably the best pairing in the league. Grabban up front can get goals but he's fairly inconsistent. I signed Andriy Yarmolenko for 1k from Dinamo Kiev and he got about 15 goals in his first season. I...
  11. M

    Summer Transfers Thread

    I doubt they'd even want him. He didn't do them any favours last season and he's got a huge wage. Get rid of him.
  12. M

    Make a FM SENTENCE

    spam
  13. M

    Maximum Harmony?

    Just wondering, has anyone ever maxed out their side's Squad Harmony and what kind of results did it cause? My Watford side has 63% squad harmony and we're getting great results so I can't imagine the kind of results a team would get if their harmony was up in the 90's.
  14. M

    What is the richest club around?

    I've found that in the long run, Arsenal are a good team to be with money. They've got the Emirates Stadium which always fills, fairly high ticket prices. Yeah, there is a lot of debt but there's a great squad and you'll get loads of money for competing in the Prem. If you play for a long time...
  15. M

    Help with genie scout.

    I found it hard to work at first but it's fairly simple. Just open the program and click load game up in the top left corner, choose the game that you want the players to be from. Once that's loaded up you can create a player or staff filter it's fairly simple and it looks a lot harder than it...
Back
Top