Recent content by Spleen

  1. S

    Football Manager 15 Random or Funny Screenshot/Video Thread

    Some guys like the larger ladies... (Not FM15 but who's counting.)
  2. S

    Football Manager 15 Random or Funny Screenshot/Video Thread

    Call me childish but I find it even funnier that you manage a team called FC Trollhat. "We signed him for the lulz"
  3. S

    Football Manager 15 Random or Funny Screenshot/Video Thread

    Problema no metatarso... hmm... I think that means a broken nose.
  4. S

    Football Manager 15 Random or Funny Screenshot/Video Thread

    Turns out everyone wants to be Beckham nowadays. Mind you, the one at the top really was a peach. It may have only been 59 yards but it was on the turn.
  5. S

    Let's Relegate Liverpool! (Dead forum cross-post)

    This is my story (unashamedly inspired by Iain Macintosh's Heidenheim Chronicles), of how I joined Liverpool at the foot of the table in November 2033, and, seized by a sudden destructive impulse, decided it would be funnier to relegate them than keep them up. It was played in FM13. I was...
  6. S

    Let's Relegate Liverpool!

    May You join us here at Anfield for a quite incredible end to the HSBC Premier League. It's Winner Stays On in the Merseyside derby. After that loss at the Emirates, Liverpool teeter just above the relegation zone. A win or a draw will see them safe, and their rivals relegated. Lose, and...
  7. S

    Let's Relegate Liverpool!

    April The great surprise of this season is how absolutely terrible the relegation battle has been. Our two competitors for 18th and 19th are Southampton, who started this season playing in the Europa League, and West Ham, who won the League Cup. (Stoke have 20th place nailed with 21 points.)...
  8. S

    Let's Relegate Liverpool!

    March The papers are claiming my position at Liverpool is "very insecure". What is this bollocks? You mean you can't just relegate Liverpool and expect tbe board not to say anything? I had Liverpool bottom a few months ago and the Hill twins assured me my position was stable. It's a difficult...
  9. S

    Let's Relegate Liverpool!

    February When a team in the mire sees a shot hit the post or a penalty decision go the wrong way or an own goal go in off someone's shin, commentators and pundits have a tendency to say things like "Well, when you're down at the bottom of the table, that's the sort of thing that happens." "In...
  10. S

    Let's Relegate Liverpool!

    January Anfield is jumping. Scousers are hugging. Grown men are weeping in sheer relief. For the first time since August, Liverpool have won a football match. Fine with me. It's the FA Cup. No points on offer here. Switching from a turgid 4-5-1 with all the penetration of a jelly to a...
  11. S

    Let's Relegate Liverpool!

    1st December Liverpool: Played 14, Won 1, Drawn 5, Lost 8, 8pts. Position: 19th, 4 points from safety. Job position: Stable. "Walk on, w-a-alk on, with ho-ope, in your heart..." "I hate that ****** song," I mutter to myself. "I wonder if you'll sing it that loudly in the Championship."...
  12. S

    Let's Relegate Liverpool!

    So, it's 2033, and as ever some pretty crazy stuff has happened over the past 20 years in FM-land. Genoa reaching the Champions League final, England winning 2 World Cups in 3, Ireland winning the Euros. And that was just stuff I wasn't involved in. Myself, I was busy with my ten glorious...
  13. S

    Post Your Successes

    I've just had my own Agueroooo moment! Albeit at the other end of the table. The context: Having achieved the miracle of taking Joinville from the Brazilian third division to the first in back-to-back promotions, my main hope this season was not to do a Derby County. After all, we're facing the...
  14. S

    First impressions - what's with the crowds?

    Apologies if this duplicates another thread, I'm sure someone will tell me. I just played the FM2015 demo to get a taste of whether I should upgrade (I still have a save going in FM13). Pros: I love the new match engine... on the pitch at least. The variety of animations give the players real...
  15. S

    Post Your Successes

    Norwich win the league by 10 points... and the funny thing is that I wasn't even managing them. I left them two seasons before this, from the frustration of banging my head against the glass ceiling of the Manchester duopoly. Usually when I leave a side I've built up in Football Manager, it...
Back
Top