First impressions - what's with the crowds?

Spleen

Reaction score
Apologies if this duplicates another thread, I'm sure someone will tell me.

I just played the FM2015 demo to get a taste of whether I should upgrade (I still have a save going in FM13).

Pros: I love the new match engine... on the pitch at least. The variety of animations give the players real personality. At one point I subbed Özil on, and in the next highlight that appeared after his sub, I could tell which one he was just from the way he was trotting back to defend a corner.

Cons: Is it just me who gets completely freaked out by the crowd? The way large blocks of them get up, dance about, then sit down in perfect unison. Usually for no apparent reason. It's really unsettling. Occasionally they seem to be reacting to the game (I got a corner, the guys behind the goal bounced a bit) but most of the time they look as if they're possessed by mind-controlling aliens.

I guess it's more realistic than FM13's crowds. But the old crowds never bothered me because they're just a moving cardboard cut out. There's an uncanny valley thing going on: they now look human enough that it bothers you when they act robotically.

If they moved slightly out of sync it would be alright. But that perfect unison freaks me out. To the extent that if SI fix the crowds I think I'd buy FM15 full price, if not I'll stick with FM13.

They're just really excited to be at the game.

I like it, makes me think the board are lying when they say that despite recent results my football isn't exciting enough.

If crowds bother you that much just turn them/the stadium off.

What's with the whole layout of the game this year.. I'm loving the game but the layout is absolutely terrible, the tactics page layout was perfect last year, the whole stars and circle thing is beyond terrible.

Lol, I dunno, mate, they're still better than the crowds in the FIFA games up until FIFA 14.

Cons: Is it just me who gets completely freaked out by the crowd? The way large blocks of them get up, dance about, then sit down in perfect unison. Usually for no apparent reason. It's really unsettling. Occasionally they seem to be reacting to the game (I got a corner, the guys behind the goal bounced a bit) but most of the time they look as if they're possessed by mind-controlling aliens.

FM2015 Best North Korea Crowd Simulator 2015.