“Unleashing The Swarm” - Brentford FC...

CoxieFM

Reaction score
"Unleashing The Swarm" - Brentford FC

slide1-18.jpg

In this last instalment, I will be covering;

• The Squad – First look at the current squad.
  • Summer Transfers – Who have I managed to bring into the club.
  • Preseason – Fixtures.
So without further delay, scroll down and let’s begin….

The Squad…

On initial look of the first team squad there is roughly about 28 players, however there are four players out with long term injuries at the start of this save and we also have the legend that is Christian Eriksen unavailable for selection due to medical reasons until February 22. I will have to look at bringing in an AM into the club straight away. I will also want to strengthen in the IF, DLP position’s and as well as maybe thinking about signing another forward as that Brentford only have three players who can play in that position – Toney, Mbeumo and Wissa.

I have roughly around £12.5million but I could push it more towards the £14million mark by selling the clauses of the Saïd Benrahma deal, if needed too. I would like to sign players on permanent deals rather than the loan market but if I have to use the loan market then I will do.

image-58.png

Summer Transfers…

In’s

Connor Mahoney – £230k from Millwall

I wanted to sign Connor Mahoney as that his technical abilities in corners and crossing are class and I know the player from a previous save so I am willing to take the chance on him at a higher level of football and Mahoney was also transfer listed so I managed to get him on the cheap ahead of the likes of Blackburn and Cardiff who were also interested in the player.

(When I was Fatih Karagümrük, I signed Connor Mahoney and this was his stats over five seasons – Apps 176 – Goals 45 – Assists – 93. So I thought he might do a job for us here at Brentford, but only time will tell).

image-61.png

Aleksander Mitrović – £12.5m from Fulham

Mitrović
was originally one of three forwards I was looking at to come in to play alongside Ivan Toney with the other two being Alfredo Morelos and Ben Brereton Diaz, however Morelos signed and new deal with Rangers and Blackburn wanted to much money for Brereton Diaz. To be honest, I am happy that I have managed to strengthen this position with Mitrović and hoping he can prove to me he was the right choice.

image-62.png

Jamie Seoane – £3.5m from Huesca

Seoane
was recommended to me by my scouts and I haven’t come across this player before so I am taking a slight risk but hey ho, sometimes you need to on FM. It was a position I needed to strengthen.

image-63.png

Elye Wahi – Loan fee £170K in total from Montpellier

I brought in Elye Wah, as more of a back up forward just incase of any unwanted injuries to the starring forwards I have at the club and wanted to see if the youngster could cut it in the Premiership for a possible future transfer.

image-64.png

Out’s

I have only let three players depart the club to go out on loan during this period. The most wanted player was Alex Gilbert with roughly around 10 clubs interested in loaning him but when Walsall came calling I rejected all the other clubs. Yes, I am a Saddler fan for my sins.

image-65.png

The preseason tour to Singapore…

Went very well in my eyes with us winning both of them games with ease before returning back to the UK and winning the remaining four games against two Scottish Premiership sides, a League Two side in which I did rotate heavily for as it was against the club I support before finishing off against a Vanarama League side. I played against sides so the players could learn the tactic I am wanting to use for The Bees upcoming debut season in the Premier League.

• Gombak United – In his first game for the club, Connor Mahoney scored 1 and assisted 5 times in the 10-0 win.
  • Hougang United – Bryan Mbeumo scored 5 goals in the 7-1 victory.
  • Motherwell – We had 69% possession in the 2-0 win.
  • Walsall – Carl Rushworth (O.G) and Aleksandar Mitrović scores his first goal.
  • Dundee United – Connor Mahoney brace.
  • Aldershot – Aleksandar Mitrović scores his first preseason hat-trick.
image-60.png

In the meantime, please feel free to leave a comment with any feedback and questions and don’t forget to check out all the other blogs on here and you can follow me on Twitter here.

See you next time and thank you for reading.

CoxieFM

"Unleashing The Swarm" - Brentford FC

slide1-18.jpg

In this last instalment, I will be covering;

• The Squad – First look at the current squad.
  • Summer Transfers – Who have I managed to bring into the club.
  • Preseason – Fixtures.
So without further delay, scroll down and let’s begin….

The Squad…

On initial look of the first team squad there is roughly about 28 players, however there are four players out with long term injuries at the start of this save and we also have the legend that is Christian Eriksen unavailable for selection due to medical reasons until February 22. I will have to look at bringing in an AM into the club straight away. I will also want to strengthen in the IF, DLP position’s and as well as maybe thinking about signing another forward as that Brentford only have three players who can play in that position – Toney, Mbeumo and Wissa.

I have roughly around £12.5million but I could push it more towards the £14million mark by selling the clauses of the Saïd Benrahma deal, if needed too. I would like to sign players on permanent deals rather than the loan market but if I have to use the loan market then I will do.

image-58.png

Summer Transfers…

In’s

Connor Mahoney – £230k from Millwall

I wanted to sign Connor Mahoney as that his technical abilities in corners and crossing are class and I know the player from a previous save so I am willing to take the chance on him at a higher level of football and Mahoney was also transfer listed so I managed to get him on the cheap ahead of the likes of Blackburn and Cardiff who were also interested in the player.

(When I was Fatih Karagümrük, I signed Connor Mahoney and this was his stats over five seasons – Apps 176 – Goals 45 – Assists – 93. So I thought he might do a job for us here at Brentford, but only time will tell).

image-61.png

Aleksander Mitrović – £12.5m from Fulham

Mitrović
was originally one of three forwards I was looking at to come in to play alongside Ivan Toney with the other two being Alfredo Morelos and Ben Brereton Diaz, however Morelos signed and new deal with Rangers and Blackburn wanted to much money for Brereton Diaz. To be honest, I am happy that I have managed to strengthen this position with Mitrović and hoping he can prove to me he was the right choice.

image-62.png

Jamie Seoane – £3.5m from Huesca

Seoane
was recommended to me by my scouts and I haven’t come across this player before so I am taking a slight risk but hey ho, sometimes you need to on FM. It was a position I needed to strengthen.

image-63.png

Elye Wahi – Loan fee £170K in total from Montpellier

I brought in Elye Wah, as more of a back up forward just incase of any unwanted injuries to the starring forwards I have at the club and wanted to see if the youngster could cut it in the Premiership for a possible future transfer.

image-64.png

Out’s

I have only let three players depart the club to go out on loan during this period. The most wanted player was Alex Gilbert with roughly around 10 clubs interested in loaning him but when Walsall came calling I rejected all the other clubs. Yes, I am a Saddler fan for my sins.

image-65.png

The preseason tour to Singapore…

Went very well in my eyes with us winning both of them games with ease before returning back to the UK and winning the remaining four games against two Scottish Premiership sides, a League Two side in which I did rotate heavily for as it was against the club I support before finishing off against a Vanarama League side. I played against sides so the players could learn the tactic I am wanting to use for The Bees upcoming debut season in the Premier League.

• Gombak United – In his first game for the club, Connor Mahoney scored 1 and assisted 5 times in the 10-0 win.
  • Hougang United – Bryan Mbeumo scored 5 goals in the 7-1 victory.
  • Motherwell – We had 69% possession in the 2-0 win.
  • Walsall – Carl Rushworth (O.G) and Aleksandar Mitrović scores his first goal.
  • Dundee United – Connor Mahoney brace.
  • Aldershot – Aleksandar Mitrović scores his first preseason hat-trick.
image-60.png

In the meantime, please feel free to leave a comment with any feedback and questions and don’t forget to check out all the other blogs on here and you can follow me on Twitter here.

CoxieFM

FM22: “Unleashing The Swarm” – Part 1: Run up to January…

1650698089130.png

Here we go with part one in “Unleashing The Swarm”.

If you missed the Intro post or just want to refresh your memory then please click here.

This update includes, the run of games in the Premiership and Carabao Cup until the 1st January 2022, before entering my first January transfer window. This will give me time to see how we are performing in all competitions so I can make an overall assessment of the squad to see if I need to dip into the transfer market to strengthen the side at all.

Opening day of the season at TW8…

The home of the Brentford on a summers day in August which saw The Bees play their first ever Premier League game and it was against Burnley. An Ivan Toney volley in the 51st minute was the only goal of the game to give me and Brentford our first win on the opening day of the season to send us into 2nd place in the league. However, The Foxes got the better of us in our first away day of the campaign by beating us 3-0 at King Power Stadium. In a game which they were the better side overall but we brush ourselves off and go into the next game which is in the Carabao Cup.

We pay the penalty…

As we exit the Carabao Cup 2nd round on penalties 9-8 with Fin Stevens missing our all important spot kick in sudden death. We had trialled in the game by two goals to nil at the break but super-sub Ivan Toney who had came on at half-time bagged himself a brace within eight minutes to sent the game to spot kicks.

image-67.png

We returned to league action and climb above London rivals Palace, Spurs and Chelsea into 10th place following our 1-1 draw against The Hammers, thanks to Ivan Toney who seems to be the only one who has brought his scoring boots with him to the prem.

image-68.png

Wake me up when September ends…

As we start the month off with key victories over Southampton and the Wolves 3-2 and 1-0 respectively to move us into 6th place in the league. Aleksander Mitrović got his first goal for the club against The Saints whilst Ivan Toney grabbed a brace in that fixture too. Ivan Toney powerful penalty was all what was needed in the victory over the Wolves. We lost out to Leeds United at Elland Road in a 2-0 defeat which I didn’t see coming to be fair and wasn’t best pleased with the outcome due to being the better side however we remained in 6th place.

Here’s to October…

Where we faced three of the big six sides in the Premier League with us only managing to come away with a point out of a potential nine and that was in the 1-1 draw against Chelsea, thanks to a Bryan Mbeumo goal to rescue a point late on for us. However, in the Man City game they beat us 4-0 to go top of the league and then losing 3-0 to Liverpool which in turn sent The Reds back to the top of the league. In-between the two defeat we did however manage to win at Selhurst Park 3-1 against Palace with Ivan Toney scoring twice and assisting once with Aleksander Mitrović scoring once and assisting twice. Love to see it when you bring a forward in and see that they are working together. I defo think I have made the right choice in bringing the Serbian into the club.

image-69.png

In the cold November rain…

We made it an unbeaten month with win’s over Norwich, Newcastle and Watford to move us up into 5th place in the table. It was the Bryan Mbeumo show against The Canaries as the inside forward bags the first hat-trick for The Bees in the prem this season in the 5-0 demolishing at the Brentford Community Stadium to Norwich back to Norfolk with no points, old Delia won’t be happy. We also beat The Magpies and The Hornets in 1-0 games.

Off to Villa Park…

We go in the busy month so far this season. It’s Aston Villa where we the start off at and we got off to an excellent winning start by beating them 3-0, thanks to an Ivan Toney brace before heading to another away day fixture this time at Goodison Park to only draw the game against Everton 1-1, but this time it was Aleksander Mitrović who rescue us with a 87th minute equaliser. It only seems to be the forwards who are scoring at the moment?

Thrilla in Manila…

No, not really but it was a goal thriller at the Brentford Community Stadium as we welcomed The Seagulls, however it was the visitors that came away with all three points in a 4-3 victory. I wasn’t happy with that result at all and the players knew about it after the game as I reminded that of the games to follow and needed to pick up points against teams like this as the next four games were against the two Manchester sides followed my two London rivals in Spurs and Arsenal.

Eight points out of 12…

Against clubs, who you might have said nah, no chance more like nil points out of 12 and I would have agreed with you completely beforehand but we managed to draw games against both City and United 1-1 with goals from Mbeumo (City) and Toney (United) sealing a point in them games. Our first London clash was against Spurs who were no match for the in-form Toney with the forward getting another brace before our second London clash as we welcomed The Gunners to the Brentford Community Stadium.

image-72.png

And it was Connor Mahoney who pulled the strings in the 4-3 win over Arsenal.

image-70.png

The league standings…

The Bees
currently in 5th in the league and performing above all expectations as many predicted us to be in a relegation battle.

image-71.png

CoxieFM