I think we're probably never going to be able to expand this stadium which is a shame as I feel like our fanbase has the potential to be a lot more than the current 36,250 that it holds now.

**** you, corrupt local politicians - probably Hertha fans the lot of them! (6)

Too bad you can't just rent the Olympiastadium...

I just discovered your story mate! Keep going, enjoying reading it (i read it all in 2 hours)

**** you, corrupt local politicians - probably Hertha fans the lot of them! (6)

Too bad you can't just rent the Olympiastadium...

You're probably onto something there! Here we are going for our 5th straight Bundesliga title whilst they are bouncing between the top two tiers!

I just discovered your story mate! Keep going, enjoying reading it (i read it all in 2 hours)

Thanks mate, appreciate the comment!

1. FC Union Berlin
Oktober - 2022

View attachment 239868

Fixtures:

View attachment 239867

Another perfect month for the lads and we have now won 15 straight competitive games since losing in the German Super Cup to Bayern. We kicked off the month with a Torsten Schroder hatrick giving us a 3-0 away victory at Stuttgart and then won another game 3-0, this time at home to Dresden and putting 3 past our loaned out keeper Krumnow. We then travelled to Austria in the Champions League and a rotated team won in relatively comfortable fashion, with goals from Noto and Timme giving us a 2-0 victory. Gianluca Gaudino came off the bench to score the winner in a 1-0 away win at Freiburg and we then progressed 3-1 at home to Stuttgart in the German Cup. The last game of the month was at home to Monchengladbach in the league and we certainly saved our best performance till last. A Nils Weber opener in the 17th minute was added to by hatricks from both Schroder and Brandt as we smashed them 7-0, giving us even more momentum to take into November.

League Table/Champions League Group:

View attachment 239866View attachment 239865

10 games, 10 wins and a goal difference of 31. We've already opened a nice 7 point gap to Bayern and will be hard to catch given our current form. We have also qualified from our Champions League group after just 3 games and will guarantee top spot when we beat Wien at home in the next game!

Player of the Month - Torsten Schroder

View attachment 239864

Had to go to our talisman after his 7 goals this month including 2 hatricks!

Player Stats:

View attachment 239863

One thing I'm very happy with so far this season is the form of two academy graduates in Timme and Demir. Both are averaging above a 7.5 as rotation options in the squad and along with Regulski are the first players in the save to make the breakthrough into the first team squad. Hopefully this is just the start though and we'll continue to bring players through over the coming seasons.

Other News:

1)
Having not spent much in the summer we are in a position where we have been able to ask the board to improve facilities and they have agreed to improve both the training and youth facilities. We are also looking for another feeder club to send players on loan to.

View attachment 239858View attachment 239857View attachment 239856

Next update will either be a November update or a quick update on how the European Nations League campaign has went with France, depending on whether there is any interest in it. So, do people want me to update on France or should I keep it just Union Berlin?

France
Euro Nations League- Group A

View attachment 239833

Fixtures:

View attachment 239832

My first 4 games in charge of the French national team went very much to plan in a European Nations League top tier campaign against Croatia and Sweden. We opened our campaign with a 5-0 home victory over Croatia, putting our mark on the group early on. We were led to the victory by a player I know very well from my club exploits in winger Marvin Muller. We then travelled Sweden a few days later and another Mulller brace took us to a 2-0 victory. The return fixture at home just a month later provided our biggest win of the group with a hatrick from Pogba, a brace from Fofana and a goal Man City man Cardillo giving us a 6-0 win and securing our progression to the semi finals in June next year, where we will play Ukraine. The other semi final is Italy vs England. The final group game saw us head to Zagreb to take on Croatia and yet again we won the game comfortably, with a Cardillo hatrick giving us a 3-0 win. That left us with 12 points from 4 games, scoring 16 and conceding none!

View attachment 239831

Player Stats:

View attachment 239830

Cardillo and Muller were the two top performers over the group stage and make up 2 parts of a deadly front 3. The midfield partnership of Pogba and Fofana is not only very athletic but also very technically sound, whilst in Porto goalkeeper Christopher Brunet we have a world class keeper in goal. The centre of defence was plagued with injuries, but we have a great depth in that area so it didn't matter as much.

View attachment 239828View attachment 239827
Next update will be a November update with Union Berlin...

1. FC Union Berlin
November - 2022

View attachment 239696

Fixtures:

View attachment 239695

The month of November saw us drop points in the league for the first time this season as we drew 3-3 away to Dortmund. We headed to the Signal Iduna Park full of confidence and in full fitness after a backup side dispatched of Austria Wien 4-0 in the Champions League to secure our top spot in the group. Just 9 minutes into the game we were 2-0 up through Muller and Yepes, however Unal pulled one back for Dortmund just before half time to make it 2-1 heading into the break. Dortmund then pulled the game level in the 68th minute through Kempf and went ahead just 4 minutes later when Davy Klaassen converted a penalty given away by Schroder. Luckily for us, Callum Chambers went marauding down the right hand side just 5 minutes later and drove a low hard strike into the far corner to make it 3-3 and keep our unbeaten streak intact. Following that we got back on track with a 6-1 thrashing of Leverkusen at home and then a 4-1 thrashing of Espanyol away. We always take pleasure in beating Leverkusen after they beat us 9-1 in our first ever Bundesliga game, but I also took immense pleasure in beating Espanyol as it was the first time we've managed to win in the city of Barcelona! The final game of the month saw us head to Augsburg to take on the league's basement boys in what was a relatively routine 2-0 victory thanks to goals from Richard and Brandt.

View attachment 239694View attachment 239693

Still unbeaten in the league with a 8 point gap to Bayern although our 100% record is gone. Dresden, who are playing our 17 year old keeper Krumnow, are 2nd bottom with 4 points from 13 games but they do have a better goal difference than their 2 nearest relegation rivals so he must be doing something right. FSV Mainz, who we have sent Claus Kellner on loan to, are currently in 4th and are pushing for the Champions League places.

Player of the Month - Julian Brandt

View attachment 239690

The pacey left winger was arguably our most dangerous attacking threat when he played this month and contributed 3 goals and 1 assist in the 3 starts he made this month.

Player Stats:

View attachment 239691

Gianluca Gaudino continues to have the best season of his career by far and I must say the fact he's averaging above an 8 rating is very surprising to me. Backup left winger Mladenovic is starting to contribute more often when he gets on the pitch and it was his brace which led us to victory against Espanyol.

Other News:

1)
We've once again set up a link with 1860 Munchen to have them as a feeder club to send players on loan to. We had an affiliation a few years back but it got cancelled due to them getting promoted.

View attachment 239682

Next up will be a December update, with a dead rubber tie at home to Man United in the Champions League and 4 league games to try and extend our lead going into the winter break. We will also find out who we will be set to face in the Champions League 1st knockout round...

1. FC Union Berlin
Dezember - 2022

View attachment 239567

Fixtures:

View attachment 239564

The Union train went rolling on in December as another 4 wins from 4 games in the Bundesliga was added to by another victory against United in the Champions League, this time with a backup team. The month started with a 3-0 win at home to Europa League chasing Hamburg, with goals from Schroder, Milosevic and Richard. The 5-2 win over Man United followed, highlighted by a brace from Loris Noto and a goal from youth academy graduate Caner Demir. We then travelled to Mainz and smashed the Champions League hopefuls 5-0. We finished the month with 2 poor performances but we managed to scape out two 1-0 wins against Wolfsburg and Werder Bremen. It is the sign of champions to win when you're not playing well and I think the winter break came just at the right time for us.

View attachment 239563View attachment 239562

We head into the winter break with a near perfect record and a 10 point advantage over Bayern, as well as a massive +48 goal difference. We took 18 points from our Champions League group for the first time and that was despite playing a backup team in the last 3 match days!

Player of the Month - Leandro Yepes

View attachment 239559

We kept 4 clean sheets in the 4 Bundesliga games this month and Yepes was at the heart of the defence in each one. The Colombian also bagged the winner against Wolfsburg and the opener against Mainz, showing that he's pretty useful at the other end of the pitch as well!

Player Stats:

View attachment 239558

Marvin Muller is just getting better and better, and the £16,500,000 we spent on bringing him to the club 4 seasons ago now looks like an absolute bargain. Especially when you consider that PSG bought our reserve left winger in the same transfer window for £20,000,000 XD

Other News:

1)
Our performance in the Champions League group stages has been rewarded with what should be a relatively straight forward 1st knockout round tie against Galatasaray.

View attachment 239546

2)
Torsten Schroder was the runner up to Lionel Messi in both the World Golden Ball and Ballon d'Or awards. Julian Brandt and Muller both made it into the World team of the year whilst Schroder was in the substitutes.

View attachment 239548View attachment 239547View attachment 239545

Next up will be a January update. I doubt we'll be doing any transfer business but we could be pushed into it if the right deal becomes available...

1. FC Union Berlin
Janjuar - 2023

View attachment 239164

Transfers:

View attachment 239162

I wasn't planning on doing any business in January but when one of my scouts came to me with the availability of a very strong Argentinian defender, I saw the opportunity to make some money. Rolando Carrasco is a very physically dominant defender who we were able to bring in from Sao Paulo for £20,000,000, whilst I was able to get £50,000,000 from Chelsea for Colombian centre back Yepes. We signed Yepes from Colombian side Santa Fe in 2017 for just £1,000,000 and he only really became 1st choice centre back this year, albeit his form this season has been very impressive. However, the opportunity to make £30,000,000 across these two deals and a £49,000,000 profit on the player was too good to turn down!

View attachment 239161View attachment 239160

Fixtures:

View attachment 239163

Just the one game in January this year with the way the fixtures have worked out. We did fall behind early to Schalke courtesy of a Barbosa goal, however a brace inside 4 minutes from Schroder turned the game on it's head and we won a tight game 2-1. Our unbeaten run will face it's toughest test so far in the first game in February when we play Bayern in Munich.

Just a quick update as not too much happened in January. Next up will be the January update, including that away game against Bayern and a trip to Galatasaray in the Champions League...

I have to say this is my favourite manager story I've read so far, kept me up to half 3 the other morning reading it from the start! What are your aims now that you've won the league multiple times? Just a Champions League win (though it is a lot easier said than done)?

I have to say this is my favourite manager story I've read so far, kept me up to half 3 the other morning reading it from the start! What are your aims now that you've won the league multiple times? Just a Champions League win (though it is a lot easier said than done)?

Thanks mate!

I'll probably just play this save until the new game comes out. The immediate target is to obviously try and win the Champions League, after that I do want to keep introducing more players from our academy to the first team and maybe even try to win all the major competitions with Germany. The big problem there is they laugh of my interest any time the job become available. I'm hoping that my success with France (assuming I have any) will be enough to get me the job the next time it is available but I'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Other little targets which are unlikely that I have are a second new stadium (never going to happen as I couldn't even ask till 2040) or at least fully expanding our current one, having a player win the Ballon d'OR, having a homegrown player in the World Team of the Year, have a player break the record for league appearances at the club (currently 280) and just to see how many league goals Schroder can end up with for the club.

Thanks mate!

I'll probably just play this save until the new game comes out. The immediate target is to obviously try and win the Champions League, after that I do want to keep introducing more players from our academy to the first team and maybe even try to win all the major competitions with Germany. The big problem there is they laugh of my interest any time the job become available. I'm hoping that my success with France (assuming I have any) will be enough to get me the job the next time it is available but I'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Other little targets which are unlikely that I have are a second new stadium (never going to happen as I couldn't even ask till 2040) or at least fully expanding our current one, having a player win the Ballon d'OR, having a homegrown player in the World Team of the Year, have a player break the record for league appearances at the club (currently 280) and just to see how many league goals Schroder can end up with for the club.

I wish you good look with it all, mate! I'll definitely be reading it all the way

1. FC Union Berlin
Februar - 2023

View attachment 238888

Fixtures:

View attachment 238880

Our first poor month of the season. We took just 8 points from 5 league games and in doing so allowed Bayern back into the title race. The month started with us losing our unbeaten streak in the league, losing a hard fought game 1-0 away to Bayern Munchen courtesy of an 80th minute Bernt Leno own goal. We looked to bounce back just 3 days later away to FC Koln but were unable to come away with victory, with Paraguayan Gonzalez notching a 65th minute equalzier for Koln with his 2nd of the game. We went into a home game with Hoffenheim a week later with a weakened team due to the upcoming CL game against Galatasaray and it showed in our performance as we struggled to a 1-0 win. Our dip in form showed itself again at the start of the Galatasaray game as we fell 1-0 down early on in the 22nd minute, however their goal kicked us into gear and we fought back to win the game 3-1 thanks to a goal from Muller and a brace from Schroder. We then beat Hannover 4-0 in the league and things looked to be on the up again, however we could only draw 0-0 away at Nurenberg in the league the following week. We did manage to progress into the German Cup quarter finals a few days later with a 4-0 win over Dusseldorf.

League Table:

View attachment 238879

Our lead at the top has been cut to just 5 points to Bayern. The title battle is well and truly back on.

Player of the Month - Rolando Carrasco

View attachment 238878

The Argentinian international has hit the ground running and bagged himself a couple of goals and helped us to a few clean sheets this month and hopefully this is just the start of many good months at the club.

Player Stats:

View attachment 238877

Demir and Noto both got injured in the Dusseldorf game and will miss the next few weeks. We do have goals throughout the team but none of our centre midfielders have been particularly prolific this season so far which is a slight worry.

Next up will be a March review, with the 2nd leg of the Galatasaray game and 3 Bundesliga games...

Great story mate an some cracking results and signings will not be long till you win the champions league. I am pretty sure the only way you can become the Germany manager is by taking over them at the start off your save as I had a 30 year save with red bull Leipzig winning the league and champs league 10 years in a row and 3 world cups and 2 euro championships with italy and everytime the Germany job came up my interest was laughed off.

Just amazing how your team has grown! Absolutely love the look of Schroder, the question is are you going to buy a replacement or try and breed one? Oh and just out of curiosity is there a chance of seeing a SS of Fofana? Being a city fan I'm curious as to how he turned out.

Great story mate an some cracking results and signings will not be long till you win the champions league. I am pretty sure the only way you can become the Germany manager is by taking over them at the start off your save as I had a 30 year save with red bull Leipzig winning the league and champs league 10 years in a row and 3 world cups and 2 euro championships with italy and everytime the Germany job came up my interest was laughed off.

That's a shame! Your Leipzig save sounds great, did you get a new stadium built and if so what size was it?

Just amazing how your team has grown! Absolutely love the look of Schroder, the question is are you going to buy a replacement or try and breed one? Oh and just out of curiosity is there a chance of seeing a SS of Fofana? Being a city fan I'm curious as to how he turned out.

If I can get a replacement through the academy then great but it's likely I'll have to pick someone from another club to replace him. Luckily I don't have to worry about that for a long time as he's only 23 and still has plenty of seasons left in him. As for Fofana, here he is...

View attachment 238452

Club vice captain and also a club icon, likely to soon be a club legend if we don't move him on.

If I can get a replacement through the academy then great but it's likely I'll have to pick someone from another club to replace him. Luckily I don't have to worry about that for a long time as he's only 23 and still has plenty of seasons left in him. As for Fofana, here he is...

View attachment 921648

Club vice captain and also a club icon, likely to soon be a club legend if we don't move him on.

man he's incredible! What sort of training did you have him do?

man he's incredible! What sort of training did you have him do?

Just trained him for the roaming playmaker role, his physical stats are amazing for it and when you combine that with his technical ability and his work rate it makes him very good for the role. Him and Pogba in the middle for my France team isn't too shabby haha

Just trained him for the roaming playmaker role, his physical stats are amazing for it and when you combine that with his technical ability and his work rate it makes him very good for the role. Him and Pogba in the middle for my France team isn't too shabby haha

I I can imagine the destruction! He looks almost Toure like.

yeah got a new stadium 75000 was named after club legend Julian Draxler