1-Star Manager with a 5-Star Team... help me out?

TorontoFC

Reaction score
I am a terrible manager.

Last year my Spurs finished 10th in the Prem playing with a line-up of Hazard, Sanogo, Bale, Van der Vaart, Lennon, Modric, Huddlestone and a young French player named "Aarab" who I can't find online up front Digne, Dawson, Douglas, Walker and Yanga-Mbiwa at the back, Gomes in goal.

Abysmal.

That team should have won the league, but alas, I can't manage.

I purchased Hulk in the offseason.

Yesterday I implemented the most-downloaded Tactic on here, the Fairyland one. I have seen mixed results. My question then is... how to win???

My instinct is to line up:

----------Sanogo(A-Hulk(A---------------

--------Hazard(A------------------------

Bale(A---------------VDV(S----------Lennon(A

Digne(D---Douglas(D--Yanga-Mbiwa(D---Walker(D

A=Attacking
S=Support
D=Defending

It just hurts seeing Aarab (rated 4.5 potential), Modric and Huddlestone on the bench.

Thoughts? Advice? Insults?

All are welcome.

stick to 1 tactic and dont change it. implement it in the match preparation. you should start seeing the results after using the same tactic for awhile.

I would say you have to play Huddlestone in central midfield as a deep lying playmaker will probably suit your team best.
He will then give you a defensive presence and will play through balls to all your attacking talent!

i would try a 4-2-3-1.
GK: Gomes
LB: Bale (wingback/attack)
CB: Dawson (centerback/defend)
CB: Mbiwa (centerback/defend)
RB: Walker (fullback/auto)
CM: Huddlestone (box2box?)
CM: Modric (advance playmaker/ support?)
AML: Hazard (Inside Forward/attack)
AMC: VDV (Attacking Mid/Attack?)
AMR: Hulk (Inside Forward/attack)
ST: Sanogo (Poacher)

not too sure on the ones with ? next too them but just off the top of my head. What i would have a look at to get you best players on the field. If you retrain Hulk to AMR he can be immense cutting in and banging in a hat full! I would probably try play a shorter passing game and i usually push up quiet high but idk if your defense will be able to push too high because of a lack of pace.

I implemented Saher's 4-1-2-2-1... impressive results.

GK: Gomes
LB: Digne (Wing/Defend)
CB: Dawson (Limited/Defend)
CB: Mbiwa (Limited/Defend)
RB: Walker (Wing/Defend)
DM: Huddlestone (Anchor/Defend)
LCM: Hazard (Advanced Playmaker/Attack)
RCM: Modric/VDV (Central Midfielder/Automatic)
AML: Bale (Winger/Attack)
AMR: Lennon (Winger/Attack)
ST: Hulk (Complete Forward/Attack)

I am currently retraining Hulk to AMR simply because I would like to get Hulk and Sanogo on the field together since Sanogo led my team in goals as a 19-year old last season. However, Hulk has scored 19 times in 19 appearances and had 80mins between goals so I'm a bit loathe to tamper at the moment.

I went undefeated in 22 games, first loss was 2-1 to Sunderland while Hulk was injured and I started my backup keeper along with some players who hate me. Complacency was at an all time high... there wasn't enough room for my ***. Man to get all of his remarks in about how ill-prepared my squad was for that match. It still took a ridiculous bending FK in the 80th to put Sunderland ahead, and the goal won goal of the month.

Notable wins: Man City 2-0, Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool 4-3 (after going down 3-1, scored 3 goals between 75 and 90), Man Utd 4-0

Am second in the league after United, one game in hand.

I'm guessing Aarab was a regen.

^Yes he was, I discovered what that meant after poking around the boards a bit.
He'd be amazing if only his pace was greater than 12... he's 16+ in all other key winger stats.

Notes:
My performance has improved dramatically since downloading 11.3 last night.
Still need to work on my corners, am not scoring all that often.
Have yet to score on a FK set piece.
Modric is a whiny man and together with Corluka have formed a cancerous Croation cell in my dressing room.
Lennon hates me because I won't sell him to United for 3M pounds (I wonder why not!!!).
Hazard can't score to save his life... finishing of 9 :( He is averaging 8.1 in the midfield though so he's clearly helping my team in other ways.
Can't. Say. Enough. About. HULK. The man is an absolute BOSS, 8.3 rating, on top of the Prem in goals, 4th in assists. Love him. Buy him if you can.