10.3 patch New game with man city

Status
Not open for further replies.

arty_bhoy

Reaction score
Hey i have just started a new game with man city. I always seem to do terrible when i goto premiership i am looking to play a 4-1-3-2 formation with central defensive mid and 3 central midfielders. So defence will be from left to right .. Bridge, lescott, toure, richards defensive mid, De Jong, Central mids i dont know who to put on left of central mid im looking for someone to buy any suggestions???, Barry, Ireland, Strikers Tevez Adebayor. Im happy with the whole team apart from i dont know who to put in that left of central midfield trying to get alex from spartak moscow but just had a bid of £15mill rejected!! crazy. Any help or advise would be much appreciated thanks guys.

(H) Arty_Bhoy (H)

no idea, i would probably stick for going for Alex. look for Motta maybe, he is a decent box to box player

hey guys thanks for the quick response got alex for 16 mill and 20% of next sale so thats my full first team ready for the new season hopefully andyone got any tips about being mancity anything at all will help lol, or any players i could sell and sign as rotation thanks alot again guys

when i play as Man City, i tend to get rid of Barry for no apparent reason and replace him with Motta. In his first season, Motta was World Player of the Year

Well, Im pretty sure theres a few man city guides on fm-base. If it were me, I wouldn't use that formation because a more common tactic would suit the squad, 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-2-2 etc. The squad is amazing so I would try to buy a quality playmaker with the majority of your cash. good luck!

Ive just started a new city game 3 games left first season and im top by a point. I got Ageuro 52 mil Modric 30mil over 48months Gourcuff for 18 mil.

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation. works a treat modify jp woody's formation so you have 3 amc's i have tevez as an inside forward on the left Gourcuff as a amc attacking in the middle and modric on the right as a advanced play maker with Ageuro/Adeboyar as an advanced forward. The best part is these plays are interchangable all along the front line and can drop back where i normally play Barry and De Jong. At the back Richards Rb/CB Toure and Lescott Cb and Bridge LB with lescott as the lb cover. and of course Given in net.

Second season ive got Pato coming in for 16 mil he requested a transfer and requime just for some depth. Also get Van Der Vaart on loan i got him for 750k amazing sub and cover..

Anything else just ask this is my second City game my first im in the 2022-2023 season but my desktop has got soem psu problems :p

well guys thats my first season come to an end i finnished in 5th place and won league cup. Signings were:- james rodriguez 3mill, alex 16mill, riccardo montolivo 20 mill, balazs dzsudzsak 13mill, luka modric 22mill, ricardo quaresma 8mill. my formation changed to a 4-1-2-2-1 with defensive mid 2 centre mids and 2 attaking wingers.

My signings were a bit of a let down Alex never really made any impact and motolivo player pretty poor all season my full season is done and still he doesnt know english i think this may be where the problem lies his moral keeps going from good to very poor if he picks up english i will give him another season if not ill sell.

P.S Pato for 16 mill that is probably 1 o the biggest bargains i have heard of

Any advise for new season??

Last edited:
Moussa Sissoko as a left sided box to box midfielder? He banged in loads of goals (7 in 18) so far in a 4-1-2-1-2 chelsea style formation whilst I was managing ac milan. He does tend to shoot from anywhere and with only average finishing and long shots which could be wasteful at times. I got him for 15.5 million in 10.2 by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.