PoshClewsy

Reaction score
Just wondered what tactics/advise you guys have and use for when a player gets sent off. Do you set the defensive line deeper? Put in a DM in front of the defence, put in an extra defender if a midfielder gets sent off, whatever you use, I'm intrigued to hear it!

Cheers.

take off a striker if im playin 2 up front

I just go 4-4-1,going too defensive and deep can sometimes be the worst thing to do,your inviting the opposition to come and attack you.

depends what tactic im using,

4-4-2 and say 2-0 up i would take of a striker

4-1-4-1 and losing or winning I would take off the defensive midfielder

4-4-3 and winning or losing I would take off a striker and put the other striker in midfield

3-4-3 and losing I would take off a midfielder

I always adjust my foramtion so that I play 4-1-3-1-1, whilst still keeping my wingers and back four, I'd adjust my tactics slightly to slow down tempo, play narrow and thru the middle, play more direct passing, and increase time wasting...

well happened to me during two consecutive Champions League finals... got a man sent off for two yellow cards.. well u strengthen the place where the man got sent off and try to play on the counter... keep all other instructions same and change tackling to hard...

4-4-1 and make sure the striker who stays on can hold the ball up.

i just get a winger off and the set team instructions to attack down right/left depeding on what side i took off

i just keep the same tactic for every game and i got it off one of these threads im using it with bury in the championship in 3 seasons 7th