roverstilidie

Reaction score
images
imgres
imgres
NgKrUb+Kfmfuhkb9UbWRu6FRvqL8P8DUx0wuVzmjAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
imgres
NgKrUb+Kfmfuhkb9UbWRu6FRvqL8P8DUx0wuVzmjAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

When managing Rovers, i tend to choose to aim for a top half finish. The transfer kitty is minimal, but there is a lot of young talent in the squad, which you should bear in mind. I would reccomend Tony Coton as an assistant manager, as John Jensen isn't the best, in particular when it comes to judging player ability.

I personally like to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, as there are alot of midfielders in the squad, but the strikeforce could use some work. I like to play using a trequartista and two wingers, with a fluid, controlled strategy. I also tend to play with more pressing, more roaming and allow the players to be more expressive, however this is up to you.

Goalkeepers

images

1. Paul Robinson
13. Mark Bunn
32. Jason Brown
34. Frank Fielding

Paul Robinson is more than good enough in this position, and can continue for a few years if needed. With the limited funds, I would keep him as first choice for at least the first season. However Bunn, Brown and Fielding, as well as Jake Kean, are not needed, so I tend to try and sell Brown and sometimes Bunn to raise transfer funds.

Defenders

Blackburn-v-Fulham-Chris-Samba-Christopher-Sa_2504516.jpg

4. Chris Samba
5. Gael Givet
6. Ryan Nelsen
27. Michel Salgado
28. Phil Jones
31. Grant Hanley

Although there are only 6 defenders here, you should bare in mind that Olsson and Emerton can also fill in at full back. Samba is the best player at your disposal, and got into the team of the year for me. Also you will find he can chip in with a number of goals for me, making him top scorer in my first season. Alongside him I tend to play Phil Jones, who is one of the most promising youngsters around. Ryan Nelsen is experienced and a solid defender who can be kept for the first season, and can fill in if Jones has a bad patch. Givet can play at both left and centre back and is a dependable, committed defender. However I tend to try and offload Salgado, due to his high wages and also his age. Hanley should be loaned out to gain experience.

Recommended transfers:

Anele - RB - Genk
Erik Pieters - LB - PSV

Midfield

martin+olsson+blackburn+rovers+3+liverpool+1.jpg

2. Jermaine Jones (on loan from Schalke)
3. Martin Olsson
7. Brett Emerton
8. David Dunn
10. Mauro Formica
11. Vince Grella
12. Morten Gamst Pedersen
15. Steven Nzonzi
17. Keith Andrews
23. Junior Hoilett
26. Herold Goulon

There are quite a number of midfielders, but some are of little use. Firstly take Nzonzi out of the reserves and also take him off the loan list; not only does he have alot of potential but he is definetly good enough to hold a first team place from the start. Keith Andrews isn't good enough in my opinion, and also selling Grella is a good idea to raise funds. Goulon also isn't the best but he has just joined, so you can either loan him out or keep for back-up. You can also sell Emerton, although he can fill in at ful back, and I sold Pedersen to Lyon in January as he wasn't getting a game. In Hoilett and Olsson, you have 2 quick wingers with plenty of potential, Formica is a promising goalscoring midfielder, whilst Nzonzi can hold with Jermaine Jones, who is a good player, albeit slightly injury prone and guilty of recieving yellow/red cards.

Recommended signings:

Lucas - AMC - Sao Paulo
Alex Chamberlain - AMR - Southampton
Christian Romaric - DMC - Sevila
Milan Badelj - AMC - Dinamo Zagreb

Strikers

GYI0059685912_crop_450x500.jpg

9. Nikola Kalinic
18. Roque Santa Cruz (on loan from Man City)
20. Ruben Rochina
21. Benjani
30. Jason Roberts
41. Mame Diouf (on loan from Man United)

Here Santa Cruz is probably the best striker, but he is on 75k a week so I imediately sent him back to Man City. Nikola Kalinic has alot of potential but it can be difficult to find the correct role for him, and he can be sightly inconsistent for me. However I would keep him unless you have a very good alternative. Jason Roberts should be sold, however Benjani has just signed, but his wages are quite reasonable for a back up target-man. I loaned out Ruben Rochina, who seems to have a bit of promise, and also Nick Blackman is already out on loan so keep an eye on him. Mame Diouf isn't the best of strikers, however he has alot of pace and is on low wages, so could be good back-up.

Reccomended signings:

Jo - Man City
Vaclav Kadlec - Sparta Prague

Please feel free to reccommend more signings. And sorry if there are any problems, this is my first post.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a new long term save.. might just choose Blackburn now. Good guide, seeing as it's your first post. :D

Might want to think about adding a few pictures btw.

Thanks alot, I'v added a few pictures too.

Can you think of any other players that could be signed?

I think you've got a fair few players already that I'd look to snap up. Goalkeeping wise I'd go for Jeroen Zoet myself, brickwall for me on my City save.

I suggest you stick with Kalinic as he can become pretty amazing.

Great guide mate, very good first post too. I signed Hoilett on the original and he was one of my best ever signings... then again when he has most of Cristiano ronaldos best attributes what do you expect...

I suggest you stick with Kalinic as he can become pretty amazing.
Yeah his stats are good, my assistant(who has a high stat for judging player potential) rates him as my best striker, even though i'v just signed Vela and Caicedo as I go into my second year. He has shown promise, but only in patches, including 2 successive hat-tricks. What role would you say is best for him?

I would of kept Santa Cruz despite the wage's, he works well with kalinic on the game and scores some vital goals. Also once grella is fully fit, him, j.jones and nzonzi are a letal 3 in midfield. However good breakdown of the team, especially im also a fellow rovers fan!