(11.3) This One Better Work - High Scoring

prow07

Reaction score
Okay, so this is my tactic that i have made... it is a 4-2-1-3 formation, and i have had great success with it, winning games by as much as 8-0 in the Champions League... in my champions league group i have scored 25 goals, and conceded 0. Also, in the Premier League i have achieved 47 goals, in 16 games and sit top of the league, which in my opinion is pretty spectacular.

So an overview of how this tactic works...
Team Instructions
Philosophy - Rigid
Starting Strategy - Control
Passing Style - Shorter
Creative Freedom - More Disciplined
Closing Down - Default
Tackling - Default
Crossing - Float Crosses
Roaming - Stick to Position

Defensive Line - Normal (10)
Width - Narrow (5)
Tempo - Quick (15)
Time Wasting - Sometimes (7)
Focus Passing - Through the Middle

Corners are set to Far Post, i advise having the corners in swinging (i.e. left footer on right, right foot on left), make sure you have a strong, tall, centre back, who has a good heading attribute. Free Kicks are set to Best Header, so as long as you have a couple of tall guys, like a ST and CB in the box, you should be fine... finally, throw ins are quick, to keep up the quick tempo of the game.

GK - Defend - The keeper will usually play the ball short to the defence if they are open. I recommend having a goalkeeper with high Handling, Composure, Positioning, Agility, Determination and Balance. Guillermo Ochoa is who i have in goal.

RB - Full Back, Automatic - First Touch, Tackling, Work Rate, Pace, Acceleration, I use Danny Simpson, but i know he is my weak link, i know there are better RB's out there you can buy.

RCB - Ball Playing Defender, Defend - This is the guy who will be in the 'far post' position on your corners, so if you want goals, i highly recommend that you place a CB who has high, Strength, Jumping, Determination, Bravery, Aggression and Heading stats. I have Christopher Samba, who has scored 14 goals for me so far this season

LCB - Central Defender, Defend - Strength, Anticipation, Technique, Tackling, Heading, Jumping, I use Gary Cahill, once again there are better CB's out there, but he plays well for me, and those are some of his best attributes

LB - Wing Back, Automatic - Strength, Pace, Balance, Composure, Acceleration, Tackling, Jose Enrique is up there with the best, so anyone similar to him will be excellent.

RDM - Deep Lying Playmaker, Defend - I use Andrea Poli, and he gets loads of assists for me because of his high passing stats, good attributes to have would be, Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Off the Ball, Creativity, Decisions. Andrea Poli is an absolute beast in this role by the way, i seriously advise if you can spare around £6m, buy him.

LDM - Defensive Midfielder, Support - Once again, this is one of my strongest positions, I have Jack Rodwell (i'm in 2014 so his stats are pretty amazing), Anticipation, Positioning, Strength, Tackling, Jumping, Heading, Passing.

CAM - Trequarista, Attack - This player needs to be good in a Centre Forward position as well as attacking midfield... i have made it so that the player rarely shoots and plays lots of through balls, as my first version of this tactic meant i wasted a lot of opportunities with off target shots. Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, First Touch, Passing. If you have a CAM that has good finishing and shooting stats, you could make those useful by changing the advanced settings, although i don't think you would need it when you have 3 strikers. I have Miralem Sulejmani in this position, he gets a lot of assists.

LCF - Poacher, Attack - Obviously this is the guy who scores goals, so high Composure, Finishing, Pace, Acceleration, Off the Ball and Technique stats are useful, I use Delfouneso in this position sometimes, he has scored 8 goals in 4 games for me.

CF - Deep Lying Forward, Support - Plays a very similar role to a regular CAM, he plays the ball around the pitch, and to his fellow strikers, and is prone to having the odd shot.. Technique, Dribbling, First Touch, Finishing, Creativity, Anticipation.

RCF - Complete Forward, Support - Probably where the most prolific goalscorer plays, so his stats need to be impressive, this is where i like to play Yaya Sanogo, or Luis Suarez... Finishing, Heading, Composure, Strength, Long Shots, Pace and Acceleration.

OTHER STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW!!
Team Talks - I always ask my Assistant Manager, but it's up to you if you do it yourself... but if he says 'I expect a win' before the game, or 'Pleased' at half time, change it because they are no good... if you use your assistant team talks, make sure he has a high Determination, Man Management and Motivation, otherwise he has little effect on inspiring your players.

Match Preperation - Once again, i just let my assistant do this, but it's up to you.

Training - If you have your own training settings, use them if you like, i use default, but it's your choice again.

Opposition Instructions - I ask the assistant manager to do these, but if you are a more hardcore manager, then you may like to read backroom advice, and change the opposition instructions yourself... but if you don't do them yourself, then ask your assistant.

If the AI starts to get used to this tactic, change it to 'Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3' tactic that was made for 11.2, but works on 11.3 as well, i use this tactic as my second choice, as it is a similar tactic to my own, and uses the 3 strikers, with similar roles all round.

ANY FEEDBACK IS WELCOME, AND PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS OF IT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU :)

View attachment 189023
View attachment 189026View attachment 189025View attachment 189024View attachment 189039View attachment 189036View attachment 189035View attachment 189034View attachment 189033View attachment 189032View attachment 189031View attachment 189030View attachment 189029View attachment 189028View attachment 189027View attachment 189037View attachment 189038
DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENT BELOW
View attachment 189007

Last edited:
Dunno how this is ended up in the Technical Help section, i'll get it moved, sorry mods ;)