11-a-Side vs. 5-a-Side: Which do you prefer?

Which type of football do you prefer?

• 5-a-side football

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • 11-a-side football

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Been watching Sky Sports News recently,with them talking about how 11-a-side football is starting to die out for a number of reasons.Time,money,family,work,violence and hooliganism - all of these things stopping them from playing on a pitch with 22 players in all and might be switching to a much more time convenient version of the beautiful game in 5-a-side football.

Which do you prefer?

I prefer 11-a-side football really.I'm not that good at recovering my natural fitness levels and 5-a-side football requires more of that.

5 a side is good for playing with your mates and stuff but proper footie match gotta prefer 11 a side

5 a side.

Its only because you can get past any defender with the 'bounce the ball off the wall next to them and run the other way' skill.

11 a side.i hate 5 a side because the pitches are to small. also i like running around like a headless chicken sliding people on a nice soft/hard grass surface

11 a side.i hate 5 a side because the pitches are to small. also i like running around like a headless chicken sliding people on a nice soft/hard grass surface

yes i love smashing into people when im defending (6)

i like to just stand in the centre of the pitch and bang in low Lampard drives. really can't be arsed running 50 yards and back. **** that...

yes i love smashing into people when im defending (6)

isnt it fun XD

everyone thinks im to violent for a 12 year old because i use my height ( 5 foot 6) and strength ( im a well built lad) to my advantage also they think im a bad role model for my team mates because im captain (6)

isnt it fun XD

everyone thinks im to violent for a 12 year old because i use my height ( 5 foot 6) and strength ( im a well built lad) to my advantage also they think im a bad role model for my team mates because im captain (6)

Sound like a younger Roy Keane.Except not Irish and shorter.

5 a side is great for a **** about with mates but if you want to really develop your game play 11 a side is the best !

5 a side definately! Just because i'm so much better at it :)

5 A Side + Full size Pitch = Certain death. Until my knee injury putting me out of playing football for a team for life, that was the highlight of the week. So much fun but absolute torture at the same time. Rules where you couldn't shoot outside the area, which meant you could push up quite far. I used to play as a one man defence behind a midfielder and two strikers and the joy of charging 50 yards across the pitch to wreck somebody was immeasurable. How I miss those days :S

isnt it fun XD

im pretty small and people proberly think when they see my i aint got no strength or power but how i prove them wrong when i nock em on their arses :D

i love 11 aside but am abit out of shape. 5aside i can score more goals so i would say either but 11 aside is more tactical and you have to think more.

I'd rather play 5-A-Side. However I find it boring to watch, and would much rather watch 11-A-Side.

Ive always prefered 5 a side,its quicker and you seee more of the ball,you dont spend ages stood on the flank freezing your nuts off waiting for some big headed ball greedy **** to pass to you.

isnt it fun XD

Well built?!

I'm not even 13 until June and I'm 5'11 :S

Prefer the ol' commandding centre back role myself.

Back