Mr_Grieves

Reaction score
Intending play a very long game so going to try something a bit different from bringing a team through the leagues

I've loaded the top divisions in
Argentina
Australian

Brazil
England +
Npower championship
Germany
Holland
Italy + Seria
B
Scotland
South Africa
Spain
USA

What i intend to do is follow the Ernst Happel Rule and win the League and cup in each country and hopefully win each continental title on my travils
po
Intending play a very long game so going to try something a bit different from bringing a team through the leagues

I've loaded the top divisions in
Argentina
Australian
Brazil
England +
Npower championship
Germany
Holland
Italy + Seria
B
Scotland
South Africa
Spain
USA

What i intend to do is follow the Ernst Happel Rule and win the League and cup in each country and hopefully win each continental title on my travils
popping into the odd National team job that takes my fancy

Starting in South America with my favoite non European team Boca Juniors
nipping into the odd National team job that takes my fancy

Season 1

Boca Juniors 2010/11 season review

Opening stage

Made a slow start to the season, spent the first 12 games floating around mid table suffering mainly from missing Riquelme and several other players then we hit a purple patch and managed to sneak into 2nd place although we were never near Estudiantes
View attachment 151210

Closing stage
Followed on my form as i had a more settled team with the defense performing so much better with the addition of Fazio. We only lost twice and won the closing stage quite convinsingly and had a solid lead from the early part of the season where we had a 6 match winning run.​

Final table
Managed to finish 7 points ahead of Estudiantes who had a very poor 2nd half of the season. Delighted to take the title in our 1st season as the tactics and players settled into my system. for some reason there was no Copa Libertadores or Sudamericana for us but will have qualified for both next season.

Star signings

Gabriel - Sold star wing back Clemente Rodriguez to Ajax and remembered Gabriel from a 2009/2010 game i had and he was trained at Right back as i didnt want to drop Monzon with his amazing left peg

Federico Fazio - Im still in total shock that i managed to get Fazio, on the transfer list and for less than £500K. Seemed to prove that his talent should have him at a decent European team

Player of the year
Martin Palermo
The Living legand that he is scored 17 goals in his final season for football. Hopfully he will see sence and sign on as a coach and pass on his skills to his former team mates.​

2011/12 Targets
Hope to retain my leauge title but im aiming to pick up the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana if my board will give me some money to improve the team which is a few players short for a battle on two fronts. A replacment for Palermo is cruical but may come from within if youngster Sergio Araujo continues to develop

Season 2​

Boca Juniors 2011/12 season review​

Opening Stage​
Romped away at the start of the season with a 9 match winning run before i rested a few players for important COPA Sudamerica matches but we still won the league with a bit to spare

Closing Stage​
The toughest stage win i had at Boca. Lanus, River and Velez all ran me closer than I'd have liked but managed to pull away and win with a few games left

Final Table​

Overall finished 12 points clear of Lanus and were convincing and deserved overall winners again

Copa Sudamerica​
After a tricky route to the final overcoming Atletico Minerio and Gimnasia before beating Sao Paulo on sudden death penalties

Copa Libertadories​
Came through a Simple group on top before Santos, Indiependiantie and Palmeiras before a stunning win on aggregate against Internacional

South America Recopa​
one final trophy, Brazilian champs against the Argentine champs and a 3-1 aggregate win was comfortable while we were fighting for the Libetedories

Key games

21st August 2011 - Premier Division
First match with a revamped team and 3 attacking players who had never played together. Talk about instant gelling!

13th November 2011 - Premier Division
After dropping points 3 games on the trot our league defense was stuttering and with 6 players out from the first team the worst was feared as we played our biggest rivals. But 4 goals from our 2 strikers in the first half a hour showed how much depth we had in the team

4th July 2012 - Copa Libertadores Final 2nd Leg
Thought this tie was beyond us after loosing 4-0 in the 1st leg but decided to go full strength and hit and hope and we unbelievable hit 6 goals

Star signings​
Boselli
Joined on loan original but after a sensational start which included being top scorer in the COPA Sudamerica left me with no option but to snap him up for £2.4m and despite the goals drying up as the season wore on he was still our top scorer

Maxi Rodriguez
Like Fazio was astounded that i could pick him up for such a brilliant price. Bargain of the season made a lot of assists and well as a decent supply of goals

Player of the year
Boselli
See Above​

End of Season​

Following an amazing run of success, winning everything there is to win in Argentina so i resigned from Boca and was left with the choice of two teams in Brazil. Both were major opponents to my success last season. Internacional and Santos were both just above the relegation spots after 11 games of the season and are 13 points off the league leaders. Might be to much for My new team Santos to catch up but were going to try to add some Brazilian silverware to the collection.

Interesting Concept mate.. How come you've not chosen to manage in Mexican Primera Division..? the american league is so complicated..

Was just picking them quickly and the American leauge has some coverage on UK tv where as Mexican doesnt