12 Step Program for a compulsive Youth Buyer

Ipswich56

Reaction score
My name is Colin and I need help. I am a compulsive buyer of young prospects. Any young player who my extensive network of scouts brings to me with 3.5 stars or more and I will buy them. At the moment my stockpile seems really heavy with strikers, DM's, and most of all CB's, with RB's coming on strong in the last transfer window. I'm so committed to my youth program I make Arsene Wenger and Arsenal look like a team of geriatrics. Does anyone else have my problem? And if so, how is it working for you?

I also have the same problem. Most of my starters are U-19 two of my strikers with one being 16, Along with my 18 year old Libyan keeper along with two center backs with one being 18 the other 17 for which I spent 15 mil for due to him being labeled wonder kid.

Been curbing it on this game but on FM10 on my Man City save my squad (including youth and reserve) had about 200 players in at one stage. When I was offering them for loan at the start of the season I had to do it in between 5-10 lots to make sure I wouldn't get over 150 replies at one go.

**** guy, you have real problems. Well, spend all your money on one player and then you wont be able to sign anyone else. .... Profit! :D

just started to have this issue, I've been playing FM for years now and never had this problem but I've got to the stage where I find it more interesting to play when buying young players and moulding them into the player you want, I regularly find myself sitting there thinking to myself what will my team be in 5 years time? have I got to many players for 5 years time? :p

Willow, I completely agree. The thrill for me isn't in buying established players, it's in taking one with potential and making them into one of the best in the world at their position. The problems start cropping up though when I take it as far as I have and there aren't enough places to give them all first team experience.

I practically own the English and Spanish U-19 teams <)

I mean, when the international reports come in : "Alex Clark and 9 other players played some part in this fixture"

It's getting ridiculous...and tbh, their not developing as well as i wanted.

Like I have about 60 U-21 players out on loan ^^)

I feel sympathy for players like Xabi Alonso, Pepe and Gonzalo Higuain in my file. Pepe played 4 games in one season at the age of 30, because I just prefered playing my under 21s. Higuain couldn't build up confidence to score often as I kept playing a striker that had the potential to be better.

I would probably sign even more, but I will always dig for players with the P.A above 175.

I restrict it to 3 players per position and a maximum of 30 players in my U18's including the ones that came out of my academy. Once they get promoted, I review them again and loan them out/ sell them and get new ones. The ones that are really good, start getting first team football right at 16 itself ( I use my assistant to choose the starting 11 ) , so I know which ones to keep. I have the same 30 player rule for my first team squad as well. It's difficult to keep the number accurate, but it's a good guideline.