$130 mil. transfer budget

Danbo

Reaction score
Third season as Juventus, lots of success, reasonable contracts and new stadium have apparently given me more money than I know what to do with.....I mean, my team was great already, I really can't even spend this money because any expensive players will basically require/justify playing time I can't give them.

Is this a common occurrence with the top teams? (I'm pretty new to this game). Does success breed ridiculous future success, meaning these teams are just too easy to play in the long term?

Yes, if you are a good team like you are with Juventus they all ready have a good team, and it's not really that hard to do good with them, in 2-3 seasons with a good team you can have your perfect team if you do well and win stuff. So once you have your team all sorted and you don't need to buy anyone and you keep winning cups ect money does build up.

The best think you should do with it is buy young players for the future so when the players you have now retire you have players who can step up.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for the response......but I've also been buying up many of the stud prospects past couple of seasons. My U-20 team was like 38 - 1 last season.

Have three-stars or higher at every position, a seven-figure youngster at every position on the junior squad, and still more money than I can spend. I think I just need to find a bit more of a challenge team.

Scout and sign some of the generated youth players in your game that have quality potential. They won't amount to too much, so save most of the transfer funds as it'll keep your board happy.

Thanks for the response......but I've also been buying up many of the stud prospects past couple of seasons. My U-20 team was like 38 - 1 last season.

Have three-stars or higher at every position, a seven-figure youngster at every position on the junior squad, and still more money than I can spend. I think I just need to find a bit more of a challenge team.

Maybe you have been to good with Juventus and yes you may need a new challenge.

Try a team with not a lot of money and try build them up into a good team. League 1 and 2 you could try a team in there or a team in a different league just lower down say Ligue 2 in france.

a new challenge sounds appropriate. how about Queens Park. Bottom division in Scotland, the only amateur team left in top divisions yet play in a 60,000 seater stadium!

you should spend it all on youngsters, and buy some average players from smaller clubs, sread the wealth brother

Yeh sign young players for the future and look at better staff, get the best staff you can so your current team and youngsters can reach there full potential.

yeh at this point i usually start with a new team, taking a bit more of a challenge

Funny update.......played another season, during which a tycoon bought the team. So for 2013 my transfer budget is 230 million. Bought Fabregas just for the **** of it (like a 1/2 star upgrade), spending 115 million and probably distorting the entire world economy, he's worth more than all but a handful of teams.

Wow...had the same problem at man city, board giving me £150m, but I already had at least 2 world class players on each position and a squad that was a little too big..I upgraded all my facilities, bought loads of under 18 players, and gave my players ridiculously high wages just for funsies, my average wage was £90,400 a week..then i started a new game