Jsilence13

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a few games away from finishing my first season with Spurs and I'm 3rd. My top scorer is Bale with 16 goals in all competitions, followed by Adebayor and Defoe with 14 and 11, respectively. For next season, I want to challenge for the title, go far in the FA Cup, Carling Cup and the Champions League.

I bought Javier Hernandez for £17.25m in August but he only scored 6 goals in 24 appearances for me before I sold him for £12m to Real Madrid :mad: :S.

I've got £34m in the bank and I'm looking for a striker that's under 24, good at finishing, kinda fast and good in the air. I'm looking at Luuk De Jong atm but I want to look at other strikers before making a move for someone. Also, the highest amount I want to spend on a striker is around £15m-24m.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :D.

Christian Benteke is a beastly striker, cost me around £11m I think in the 3rd season?

Destro ! However, his adaptation is random variable so if you can, check his adaptation.
or consider Libor Kozak(1.7m) . If you can, just make a bid 51M of 48month for Leandro Damiao.
or look at Schieber in Dortmun.d (I brought him at 8m or so)

Ferreyra, Wilfried Bony, Belfodil, Benteke, Soldado

I'd buy Jovetic if you can. Know he's not a target man, but he's class.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've only loaded the English leagues so Schieber, Libor Kozak and Belfodil aren't in my game but more leagues will be loaded in the summer.

I've scouted Soldaldo and he's said he wouldn't be interested in joining me. Benteke looks to be a good option but he's only scored 4 goals in 30 appearences in the league but 11 in 39 in all competitions. Do you think this will be good enough for the Champions League? I also play with a lone striker so would he be good enough?

Bony and Ferreyra look really good but I might go with Jovetic instead. My scout says I can get him for around £21m-£25m and that's a reasonable amount, especially for someone who is talented.

Before I make a move for Jovetic, opinions on Luuk De Jong? He could be a cheap alternative.

Thanks again for the suggestions

If you wanna spend all your money on one player: Falcao (tranny list first summer)/Cavani/Leandro Damiao

If you wanna have some left: Wilfried Bony/Sassa (Botafogo Youth)/Moussa Sow/Leonard Keuwke (Tranny list first summer)/Abel Hernandez (yours for around 10m)/Kevin Volland (awesome)/Bernard (Atl. Mineiro)

If you wanna spend all your money on one player: Falcao (tranny list first summer)/Cavani/Leandro Damiao

If you wanna have some left: Wilfried Bony/Sassa (Botafogo Youth)/Moussa Sow/Leonard Keuwke (Tranny list first summer)/Abel Hernandez (yours for around 10m)/Kevin Volland (awesome)/Bernard (Atl. Mineiro)

Cavani is in talks with Chelsea for £34m so I guess I can count him out. I've only loaded the English leagues so Abel Hernandez isn't in my game :(

BIG DECISION:

Jovetic for £25m or Leandro Damiao for £51m (listed by request and £51m price tag for foreign teams), with the £51m paid over 48 months?

51 for Damiao no way, you can get Neymar for that money, and he is a 25+ goals a season striker

Damiao is way more consistent than Neymar... He is a beast I tell you... There is a very good reason why he is worth that much... Neymar is just a extremely overprice player in FM13...

If you can get Damiao I would say go ahead... But, it is definitely gonna affect your next transfer budget greatly... I have read good reviews for Jovetic so far... Never actually tried him since my strikers are always performing when he is available...

Well here are some screenshots on my save for damiao... Hes only 26 years old and if not for his release clause, I would have bought him...

View attachment 349524View attachment 349525View attachment 349526

Damiao is way more consistent than neymar... Thats the reason why he is worth so much...

Here are some screenshot on Damiao on my save. If not for the release clause... IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ARSENAL HE IS ON...

View attachment 349527View attachment 349528View attachment 349529

Anyway consider for yourself whether you want to get him. Jovetic is not a bad signing either... But if you are willing to sacrifice lower future transfer budget for a super class striker then go ahead with Damiao.

This is just my opinion...

Well if you're ready to fork out 51 mil for Damiao you may aswell go in for Neymar.. just offer him higher wages and see what happens. They don't always choose bigger clubs you know.

I would say get Jovetic and with the rest of your money get a top class young striker(potential) and you're sorted

I've gone for Jovetic, I got him for £24m. I also bought Ademilson with the money I had left over so I've now got 2 strikers instead of one :D. Is Carlos Fierro as good as he was in FM12? I could possibly get him as well