(1631)The end of FM2016:Pep Guardiola's Barcelona Tiki-Taka433& alternate 4231

beshion1943

Reaction score
hi,there.here's Pep Guardiola's Barcelona Tiki-Taka433,the best pass-game tactic ever,and i give my words.
View attachment 150930
i'll expalain my tactics as clearly as possible with my poor english.

there're four tactics here:433control,433counter,4231control,4231counter.
433:against opponents with AMC(4231,4411,41212,32212...)or 442.
4231:against opponents without AMC(433,4141...)

Q:what tactic to use in italy serie A,there're too many 3-centerbacks parking buses?
A:442's the best choice.however,433 or 4231 are optional like what i'll talk at the bottom.

..................................................................................................................

Pep Guardiola's Barcelona Tiki-Taka433
433:against opponents with AMC(4231,4411,41212,32212...)or 442.
View attachment 150929
View attachment 150928
View attachment 150927
View attachment 150926
Player attributions&Preferred moves
Team work,Anticipation,Stamina for high-pressing& pass-game tactic.
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:for Su duty,"come deep to get ball",don't "go forward";for At duty,vice versa.
SKs
:some rushout&acceleration
CDd:enough acceleration and speed.Left foot for left CD,Right foot for right CD.
PPM:play way out of trouble
WBs:basic dribbling, passing,off-ball and soild defensive attribution.Right foot.
WBa:acceleration,speed,off-ball,stamina,dribbling,crossing,flar... Left foot.
PPM:go forward whenever possible,one-twos,hugs line.
HBd:some passing&heading
PPM:come deep to get ball,pass rather than shoot,and dictate tempo.
APs:just follow the game requirements.Left foot.
PPM:come deep to get ball,dictate tempo,one-twos,pass rather than shoot.
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:go forward whenever possible
CMa:enough off-ball finishing,composure to score.Right foot.
PPM:go forward whenever possible,one-twos.
IFs:don't ignore the team work.Right foot.
PPM:come deep to get ball,cut inside,one-twos(places shot,curls ball).
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:move into channels,anti-offside,go forward whenever possible.
IFa:main scorer,don't ignore the anticipation,team work,composure.Left foot.
PPM:cut inside,one-twos(places shot,curls ball).
F9:just follow the game requirements.not weak on un-preferred foot.
PPM:come deep to get ball, run with ball often,on-twos,killer ball(dictate tempo,swicth ball).
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:anti-offside,go forward whenever possible.

Q:what to do if i don't have a good IFa?
A:do you have someone to play as good Raumdeuter with the preferred foot opposite to the touchline?

Mentality
the opponents' mantality's changing all through the match,
so you attack with 433 control when opponents' defending;
when opponents' crazy in attack,you defend with 433 counter.
Width&Defensive line
choose the proper Width&Defensive line to press&pass,it's the most important thing in these tactics.
my picth size is 105m×68m,so if the pitch's wider,change the width narrower a little bit,or vice versa.if
the pitch's shorter,pull the defensive line deeper..

Q:is the width of 433 control tactic the same as the 433 counter's?

A:No,coz the default widths are diffrent between diffrent mentalities.watch out.
Close-marking Defense
position your player as closely as the opponents' player,for example,set your FBs higher to WBs to handle the opponents' wide midfielders.

Q:what to do if the opponent's using 421(central midfielder)21?
A:set your HBd higher to CMd,and much less closing down,shoort less often.
OI
View attachment 150923
when facing quicker ML/R,AML/R,tick never closing down in OI.

Q:what to do to handle the fast Agüero when facing Manchester 4231?
A:never tick always closing down this two players in OI when facing the pair of CF&AMC.
Q:so should i choose never closing down them?
A:it depends.Agüero is faster than your CDs,but he has low Teamwork,so never closing down him and let him keep dribbling despite he may score by long-shot.
Corners
left side corner taker:right foot player
right side corner taker:left foot player
Other Tweaks
1,when facing the 442 opponents,let your faster CD to handle the opponent's advanced forward.
2,when facing 41212/4312,don't closing down the defensive midfielder/deepest midfielder in OI.
3,if your player get yellow card, you must tick ease off tackles in his player instructions to advoid the red card.
4,choose tighten up in the touchline teamtalk in the final stage of the match if u wanna keep the score.
5, more combination pairs in midfield like:HBd+BBMs+APa...

Q:what to do when opponents are tough in challenge and rarely be punished by referee?

A:you should do the same by ticking Get Stuck Inin team instructions,it's important.
Q:i notice that ticking get stuck in will decrease the tactic's marking familiarity level.
A:make a compromise by ticking get stuck in only in 433counter in advance from the season-start by yourself.

Training
big amounts and high quality physios to advoid injuries.high quality tactics coach to develop the tactics familiarity levels.

pre-season:
1 month fitness training,very high/high intensity level; then team cohension training,very high/high intensity level till the assistant manager's team talk feedback shows "the moral among the players can't be higher"(about 1.5 months).
in-season:
1week fitness,2 tactical,1 ball-control,1 attacking...

Q:things are going well,but all of a sudden,they dont score though chances are created.why?
A:trade happened?check the player's morale in assistant manager's team talk feed back,train the team cohension if needed.
..................................................................................................................
Alternate 4231
against opponents without AMC(433,4141...)
View attachment 150925
View attachment 150924

“go forward whenever possible"&"Gets into opposition area"PPM for the BBM and other score attributions for him.
it really puzzle me whether i should make the left WB stay wider or not.i've tick it,but i'd rather advice u to untick it.

Q:what to do if i don't have two good IF?
A:try to change the right-side IF to Winger,and cancel the stay wider of left-side WB.
Q:but the winger never coss due to his cut inside preferred move!
A:yeah,alway makes me sick.train him to cancel this habit.
Q:what to do in OI when facing the 433,4141...
A:well,the CF is lone as you know.always closing him is not a bad choice when facing 4141,however notice the exactly effect in matches.
Italy Serie A

Q:what to do when i'm facing 32(two higher position wingbacks)122?
A:the opponent has no AMC,so you should use my 4231 and push the FBs up to WBs position to handle the opponent's WBs.
Q:what to do when i'm facing 32212?
A:433 and the WBs tweaks as you may known.
Q:what to do when i'm facing 3232?
A:433 and the WBs&HBd tweaks as you may known.
Q:what to do when i'm facing 321211?
A:............ 433&a draw, my buddy.

over,
thanks for reading and enjoy!
ask me questions if you like ~

Last edited:
First game beat Sunderland (5th) 7-0, Second game beat a in form Swansea (2nd) 2-0 and third game beat Brighton (10th) 6-0

Looking for a top team to play against.

does that means i'm a tactic master?lol
please flatter me if it does work,and let others know the tactic,thanx!

First game beat Sunderland (5th) 7-0, Second game beat a in form Swansea (2nd) 2-0 and third game beat Brighton (10th) 6-0

Looking for a top team to play against.

does that means i'm a tactic master?lol
please flatter it if it does work,and let others know the tactic,thanx!

third match: stoke plays with amc but we are west ham so plays with 4231 and win 3-0

im going to start a new save and give this a go as i love the attacking play. so many ccc made

ok.
dont change the faster cd to Su duty when facing 422 now ,coz the mentalities must be the same among the 2 CDs due to the offside trap instructions.i've updated.

Whats the main focus of training in match preparation?

This is far from plug & play which will put a lot of people off, may give this a go myself.

Wonder whether it would work with a lower team

This is far from plug & play which will put a lot of people off, may give this a go myself.

Wonder whether it would work with a lower team
i think this 4231 is more generally applicable than 433,coz a proper F9 is rare.
however,PPM's more important than attribution sometimes.
try it with a lower team if you have fast central defenders..
sorry for my english

Whats the main focus of training in match preparation?

attacking movement at most of the time.
defensive positoning when facing big names ,especially in away matches.

am i posting any forbidden words?

Thanks! I am testing now with man utd... looks very promising at the moment! Just beat liverpool 2:0 in second game of the season... will most more soon!