17 wins from 17 in the league??? Anyone else had this??

Steven Mills

Reaction score
I got FM13 last weekend and have only managed to commit a few hours here and there over the last week. But i've started a season with Manchester United and incredibly in the Premier League won 17 out of 17, including playing Chelsea at home, City at home, Arsenal away, and Liverpool away!

The only defeat I have had is in the Capital One Cup, in the first round away to Spurs 0-3. Even in a Champions League group with PSG, Malaga, and Kiev, I have won all games, with a weakened side. All be it still quite a strong team.

I have only made two signings Bale and Vidal and have sold Anderson, Macheda and a few other younger players for minimal fee's.

I've had all the previous FM's but never experienced anything like it! Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers

nope.. start of the season is a bit difficult for me coz I like to play a high pressure passing game.. defenders need a while to get used to that :/ it's so easy to lose a game in FM 13 coz the wingplay is really scary.. most teams score with crosses from either flanks.. no amount of defensive positioning training is helping make my team rock solid.. a solid defense is what I treasure above all else, theres nothing like that in this game :(

Haven't won 17 league games in a row, but I did win 28 of 38 the first season, and currently on course to doing the same in season 2. It's nice when things work out the way you planned!

I was on a 12 game win streak with Newcastle, then lost one to Wigan and then went on a streak of not winning for 18 games (same tactic and players). I was then sacked.

So don't count your chickens.. :P

I was on a 12 game win streak with Newcastle, then lost one to Wigan and then went on a streak of not winning for 18 games (same tactic and players). I was then sacked.

XDDD ROFL!

one loss and their morale takes a hammering.. so hard to get them out of a slump :/

LOL That is some collapse!!!

nope.. start of the season is a bit difficult for me coz I like to play a high pressure passing game.. defenders need a while to get used to that :/ it's so easy to lose a game in FM 13 coz the wingplay is really scary.. most teams score with crosses from either flanks..

Im more of a Kevin Keegan/Holloway approach my team tends to be quite cavalier problem is the game doesnt seem to like attacking football Iv been punished many a time for being too attacking...
Anyway Iv finally bit the bullet in my fourth season trying to make a solid defensive tactic and it worked fairly well until December the wheels have come off the wagon... Im now watching matches and its like groundhog day crosses whipped in from either wing straight to the back post to their play who is always unmarked...

Im trying tight marking only all their attacking players and it worked ok in one game but still had some goal mouth scambling from the crosses... Wide is too overpowered IMO it seems the play thru the middle possession exploits of last season have created a balancing problem this year...

I think im 28 games unbeaten with a 10 game win streak in my british man city save, currently top (10points) and much better than my expectations of being 5th place

I think im 28 games unbeaten with a 10 game win streak in my british man city save, currently top (10points) and much better than my expectations of being 5th place

Why would Man City only be expected to finish 5th? And why would you be Man City at all?

Why would Man City only be expected to finish 5th? And why would you be Man City at all?

Though I agree that Man City expected to finish 5th seems a bit odd, there ARE City fans out there who has supported them since before the financial doping started.

won 15 of the first 17 but then lost form... welbeck was d main striker (as rooney n rvp were mostly inj at the start for me) n had scored 19 in 15 but then forgot scoring ending up with 23 league goals... won the league comfortably with spurs 10 pts behind.. also noted liverpool finished 14th...

I really do admire this Dunc :) not many people admit to doing badly or getting the sack.. high five bud!

things in Fm13 can turn around VERY quickly bud, take Dunc's pearls of wisdom..

Though I agree that Man City expected to finish 5th seems a bit odd, there ARE City fans out there who has supported them since before the financial doping started.

Its my expectation not the boards, and odly enough I was a man city fan for the five months before they became rich and had richards, joe, kompony etc and then I stopped supporting them after the takeover.

Im more of a Kevin Keegan/Holloway approach my team tends to be quite cavalier problem is the game doesnt seem to like attacking football Iv been punished many a time for being too attacking...
Anyway Iv finally bit the bullet in my fourth season trying to make a solid defensive tactic and it worked fairly well until December the wheels have come off the wagon... Im now watching matches and its like groundhog day crosses whipped in from either wing straight to the back post to their play who is always unmarked...

Im trying tight marking only all their attacking players and it worked ok in one game but still had some goal mouth scambling from the crosses... Wide is too overpowered IMO it seems the play thru the middle possession exploits of last season have created a balancing problem this year...

I totally agree! full backs are totally incompetent in this game.. I even tried playing Branislav ivanovic.. his best pos is CB so u'd think he'd be marking them better when he's a full back set to defend, but nope.. same problem.. cross to the far post n the guy scores. Wingplay is WAYYYYY to powerful. So I'd stopped fighting it and am going to get falcao n bale in the summer XD

Falcao's been givin me the come and get me plea but Bale is unwilling coz of the london rivalry thing n all :( Good thing I didn't get falcao in my first summer.. would've cost me $ 82 mil, and now will get him for 50 XD saionara torres.. hope he goes on a scoring run so I get good money for him in the summer :|

im Chelsea in 1st season. after 20 games I was about 20 points clear, then I lost the capital one cup final on penalties. Since then I have bearly won a league game, got knocked out of champions league at last 16 by fenerbache and knocked out FA cup by wolves. Thankfully im now 8 points clear with 7 games to go so I should win the title. But stranger things have happened!!!

I was on 24 wins in a row with Barca in Primera Division. Guess who ruined it. Celta ******* Vigo.

Thanks guys, good to hear other stories! First game after creating the post I drew 1-1 away to sunderland! Sods Law I guess. Managed to win 4 out of 4 after that. Drew Bayern in Champions League and signed Llorente on a free in the January transfer window. Now im wondering who to offload? Welbeck or Hernandez? HG could give Welbeck the advantage. I only play RVP up top! Bale Rooney Nani in behind.

Thanks guys, good to hear other stories! First game after creating the post I drew 1-1 away to sunderland! Sods Law I guess. Managed to win 4 out of 4 after that. Drew Bayern in Champions League and signed Llorente on a free in the January transfer window. Now im wondering who to offload? Welbeck or Hernandez? HG could give Welbeck the advantage. I only play RVP up top! Bale Rooney Nani in behind.

Hernandez was supposed to be good this time around.. didn't he develop properly? I'm plannin on lettin sturridge go, guy gets unhappy with a little training n not a good finisher.. does anyone know how much u can get for him? I'd like to maximize my return coz I'll be goin after Falcao for a knock down 50 mil USD XD

Back