[18.3.0] 4-1-2-3 DM WB Wide [ 56 M | 50 W | 4 D | 2 L ] Scored 178 Goals, Conceded 32

pauloyoshi

Reaction score
After a full weekend, several tweaks and changes on the original SC FaithVox v4, the ultra massive goal scoring tactic, lead to a more stable tactic on defensive side. The theory is the same:

Attack to defend better. Recover the ball as fast as you can. Run to the nets. SCORE!
The advanced defensive line, forwards marking tight and pressing more, 3 midfielders and 2 wb trying to recover the ball and passing it to the attackers, keeps the ball away from our net and more close to the opponent net.
This approach leads to a very effective counter-attack tactic against strong teams and continuous attack against weaker teams, since you'll have more ball possession.

If the players have high determination, aceleration and pace, they will perfom better.

The two central defenders (BPD): one stopper and one cover, will take care of the balls that rarely pass trough the wall of 5 mens on MID (2 CM, 1 DM and 2 WBs.).

The WB's will often make crosses, and assist a lot.

Similar to FC Porto tactic used by Sérgio Conceição, and also like André Villas Boas won Uefa Cup, scoring a lot.

Not a engine killer tactic, just a real approach adapted to FM2018.

SseyTge.jpg

CartelOps
The CM's make risk passes

CartelOps v2
The CM's don't make risk passes (Tactic used in most games of the season)

CartelOps v3
Two BWM's on Midfield for some harder games when you need to destroy opponent construction

The tactics are very similar, is just a question of your choice, according to the opponent.

a0eLIi3.jpg

xZq9w3p.jpg

Defenders need to be very fast for better defensive cover.
Central midfielders needs to have good pass and good tackle for better performance.
Inside Forwards and Strikers need to have good finishing for more goals.

If you get a red card, remove the striker, on hard games, or the carrillero, on easy games.

My assistant manager takes care of training and oi's. You could trust him. Why not to trust our mates?
You should train the players for the positions, for even better performances.

The team don't play alone. During the matches you need to talk to your players, make subs, choose the players according to theyr fitness and happyness.

During the season, team rotation is needed, altough harder to achieve, it's essential for a full season.

Trophies: League Winner + 2 Cups + CL Quarters

League: 34 Matches: 32 Wins + 2 Draws : 104 GS - 16 GC = 88 GD
Internal Cups: 12 Matches: 12 Wins: 55 GS - 6 GC = 49 GD
Champions League: 10 Matches: 6 Wins + 2 Draws + 2 Losses = 19 GS - 10 GC - 9 GD
TOTAL: 56 M: 50 Wins + 4 Draws + 2 Losses = 178 Goals Scored + 32 Goals Conceeded

Screenshots tomorrow, I need to rest too. (H)

Tactics on attachments

Last edited:
Tactics already uploaded to the awesome Mr L Tactics Testing. Now, just waiting.

Looks nice, but i rather see some results with some smaller teams... Winning the league with such a difference is easy with FC Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lissabon.

Looks nice, but i rather see some results with some smaller teams... Winning the league with such a difference is easy with FC Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lissabon.

Yes, indeed Portuguese League could be more easy. Further saves will reach other leagues and teams. If anyone is willing to give it a try, please post results here also.

Keep up playing FM 2018. :)

Hopeless with the hopeless Lille :D:D

Lol, that's kinda disastrous. Surely attacking tactics don't always fit well to all teams, but so many bad results?
On future saves, I'll test it with middle table teams.

Lol, that's kinda disastrous. Surely attacking tactics don't always fit well to all teams, but so many bad results?
On future saves, I'll test it with middle table teams.
dCuv3t5.jpg

Switched to ChristianEriksen tactic ahead of the double friendlies and everything is rosey again. It's safe to say that your tactic exposes the defensively fragile teams way too much.

You're right, this tactic not suited for fragile defenses. It needs a good set of players and a Top team to pay the transfer bills.
I'm humble enough to admit that it doesnt work for all teams.

I'm working on a more solid defense without reducing attack level. Time to go back for SC FaithVox 433 v4 as attack basis, but improving defense, maybe changing formation to be more solid everytime.

dCuv3t5.jpg

Switched to ChristianEriksen tactic ahead of the double friendlies and everything is rosey again. It's safe to say that your tactic exposes the defensively fragile teams way too much.

Which of the ChristianEriksen tactics did u use?

Been using the V2 and V3 at atletico and Leverkusen,

This tactic deffo deserves more credit than it gets.

hi good tactic mate using it with man utd beat chelsea 4 1 away swansea home 4 1 thanks only had play 2 matches so far looking good.