davegutt0512

Reaction score
View attachment 360756

I have decided to try and have one final attempt at a story and hopefully it will last through until the release of FM15.

I have been thinking for a while what sort of game I wanted to play, after a successful time with my supported team Coventry City I decided to again start in a lower league and try to achieve as much as I could starting with limited resources.

The primary aim for this save is to overthrow the dominance of Bayern, and admittedly the tough task of beating there record of 24 League titles aswel as records in most other trophies.

Starting in the Second Division, however with Top youth facilities I hope to discover and nurture a team of future superstars.

I am relatively new to FM story writing so please any comments positive/negative will be much appreciated.

Thanks and hope you enjoy as much as I will.​

July

View attachment 360666

View attachment 360680
Only two games in the opening month of the season, was very pleased to win the opening game against title favourites Kaiserslautern before beating Bochum in another comfortable victory.

View attachment 360673
I know its early days but hopefully we can make this spot our own.

View attachment 360672
Has been fantastic in the opening two games, scoring 5 and assisting the other 2, therefore having a hand in every goal we scored.​

Last edited:
August

View attachment 360621

View attachment 360622

Played 4 games this month and managed to go unbeaten for the month, Unbeaten in 10 now including pre-season.
First we progressed in the Cup with an easy win over Bielefeld, St Pauli next in the cup.
We went on to score another 7 goals in the month, looking like goals are easy to come by so far, long may it continue. The month ended with a disapointing draw but I can't be too disheartend, its not a loss.

View attachment 360618
Sitting second in the league at the moment behind Frankfurt as they picked up an extra win.

View attachment 360616
This guy is on fire, he is averaging more than a goal per game so far, with 10 goals in 8 games.

September

View attachment 360584

View attachment 360583
Played plenty more games this month, again avoiding defeat. We played very well in the league games beating Furth and drawing with Dusseldorf, the two teams joint favourites to become champions, we had a closely fought match in the 2nd round of the cup in a match we were poor in but managed to sneak through on penalties. We draw Paderborn next, have avoided any Bundesliga teams so far, chance to get to the quarter finals coming up.

View attachment 360582
Still second in the table, still behind Frankfurt they capitalised on our 2 draws and managed to pull 4 points clear of us.

View attachment 360581
This guy is still on fire, he is the top scorer in the league and is still averaging more than a goal a game and an average rating of over 8!

View attachment 360580
With September also came Deadline Day, we didn't do much business, I didnt think the squad needed strengthing to much and the right players just weren't available, biggest deal was Ott leaving for everton, i couldn't turn down 3.7 million for him.

October/November

View attachment 360579

View attachment 360578
Had a really disappointing start to the month losing our first 2 games to fairly weak opposition considering our form we really should have beaten both of them, also a shame to lose our unbeaten run of games.
We kicked on after early disappointment winning our next four games in the league before finishing the month of with a draw. Highlight of the month however was pleasing wins against Title challenging Frankfurt and Koln, good to know that we are very capable of beating the teams surrounding us.

View attachment 360577
So after we beat Frankfurt they haven't won a game since leaving us 5 points clear at the top of the league albeit playing 1 more game than surrounding teams.

View attachment 360576
Yeah guessed it, Player of the month again, just cannot give it to anyone else when he has managed to keep up a goal per game ratio, he is tang the league by storm.

View attachment 360575
Just a few stats so far, looking good with Osako leading the golden boot chart and the average rating, whilst Tomasov is running away with the most assists.​

December

View attachment 360573

View attachment 360574
We managed to win through our 3rd round cup tie with a comfortable win, although quickly forgotten when we lost our last two matches before the winter break, So 56 days till next match so time to scout the youth and maybe a few friendlies.

View attachment 360572
So despite a bad month in the league we manage to hold on to top spot in the league going into the winter break.

View attachment 360571
Someone other than Osako this month, not that he wasn't awesome again, but Tomasov single handedly won us the cup tie and in a bad month shone through the best because of this.

View attachment 360570
So the Quarter final draw gives us a massive derby draw against Bayern Munich, I think our cup run could come to an abrupt end but the quarter final was beyond anyones expectation and has also been a nice money spinner.

Using a fluid 4-5-1 tactic that I created, seems to be working great so far, 25+ shots most games.

Transfer Window

View attachment 360501

There wasn't much movement in the transfer market this month with me just bringing in 1 player, he looks a very good prospect though...

View attachment 360500
He will be joining up with us on a free transfer at the end of the season when his Frankfurt contract runs out.​

Good stuff. They finished in 3rd on my save last season and lost to Stuttgart in the play-off, so I'm sure you'll be able to do better than that with the right guidance for your players. :)

Liking the layout and you're doing great so far. So many German stories, even I have one lol! KIU.

Cheers, I noticed there were a few, I have another couple updates to do this afternoon, I'll check out your story aswel then.

February

View attachment 360409

View attachment 360408
A month of mixed results in the league and a loss to local rivals Bayern in the quarter final of the cup.
unbeaten in the league for the month was important with things hotting up for the title race.
Was really pleased with the account we put in of ourselves at Bayern, 3-1 doesn't really do us justice, it was 1-1 till the 85 minute when Robben scored 2 to complete his Hat trick, suppose the extra class shone through eventually. rounded of the month with a win and a couple of draws with teams around us, managing to hold them off.

View attachment 360406
Managed to keep our place at the top of the league, 2 points clear so its is being closely fought, with only 11 games left to go, we heading for a tense couple of months.

View attachment 360410
Tomasev had a fantastic month, flying to the top of the assist charts and managing to also get into the top 5 goalscorers, not bad for a RW​

March

View attachment 360381

View attachment 360380

Another month of mixed results, we picked up important results not losing to either Furth or Dusseldorf as they are both pushing us all the way in the league, we beat both Dresdan and Cottbuss comfortably before taking a very disappointing loss at Aue, Disapointing to have been beaten home and away to a poor team like them.

View attachment 360377
So we are still top of the league but thankfully a couple of other teams slipped up and the margin is only 1 point now, too close for comfort, every game is nervy now.

View attachment 360375
Osaka again this month and i don't know what i have done without this guy, thankful that he has managed to avoid injury all season so far.

View attachment 360373
View attachment 360372
So the youth recruitment came around and two players really stand out, unfortunately they are both 14!? Ineligible to play in the league until 17 so a few loans maybe in order come next season.

Some great results, well done.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

April/May

View attachment 360353

View attachment 360350
So we had some good results in april and put ourselves in prime position to win the league, we beat Berlin and Frankfurt who were close to us and also a couple of teams slipped up.

View attachment 360348
So we find ourselves 4 points clear with 6 left to play for, just got to make sure we get over the line now, its in our own hands.

View attachment 360346
A disappointing draw takes it to the last game of the season, Furth and Bochum both winning leaving them 2 points behind us.

View attachment 360344
View attachment 360343

CHAMPIONS!!!
We did it but it was a roller coaster all the way.
Up with the big boys next season.​

End of season

View attachment 360336

So the season comes to an end and I couldn't really be any happier with our achievements, upsetting the odds and finishing as league champions. The most pleasing aspect is that we were there all season long and at times when we looked like losing it we managed to rally around and get back on track.

Players and manager won plenty of awards to go with it and these are as follows;

View attachment 360335
Along with our right wingers 20 goals he also got 22 assists putting him top of the charts for assists and second in league goals.

View attachment 360334
Was brilliant all season long scoring 38 goals in 38 games in all competitions, hopefully he can re-create this form next season.

View attachment 360333
I am happy to have picked up manager of the year award, I think well achieved after beating all expectations.

Hopefully next season I can defy the odds again and avoid relegation, I can't see us achieving anything else but that, anywhere out of that bottom 3 and I will finish the season happy.​