1st Group Games

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok so overall was a good week for the British clubs, except Celtic. Great result for Rangers over a good Stuttgart side and looks like Arsenal really showed what they can do.

Only match I watched completely was the Liverpool match and I have to say it's probably one of the worst matches I will see all season. On paper it had the potential to be an entertaining game but after the first 5 minutes you could see it was going to be terrible. The ref was blowing up for fouls every 2 or 3 minutes and no team ever really got going and, despite how much *** there was on the commentators box floor by the end of the night, Queresma was very disappointing aswell (Still man of the match though hmm). I doubt we'll be paying £25m for him anytime soon now. Ok so back to the ref, I have no complaints about the bookings to Pennant and they were fair I suppose but the amount of similar tackles (by both sides) that went unpunished was pretty ridiculous and the ref should be ashamed.

There were some positives to come out of the match though, we played like England and still got a point which was a great achievement. But the best thing about the match: There was no Jim Beglin commentating so I didn't have to listen to the constant moans about how bad Zonal Marking is because he personally doesn't like it.

I agree with what you said about the ref, I think he was the one that sent Scholes off in the 1st leg vs Roma last year and didn't let the game flow at all.

what do you mean except celtic chelsea drew 1-1 with Rosenborg at home thats worse and to be fair on Celtic shaktar spent 30m in summer.

I was pleased with the Man Utd game. A point in portugal is always a good point. Van Der Sar was great as well, good to see him back to his best.

what do you mean except celtic chelsea drew 1-1 with Rosenborg at home thats worse and to be fair on Celtic shaktar spent 30m in summer.

I forget about them, don't care anyway they're the only British team I hope fail in Europe.

Chelsea i presume :)

rofl at Chelsea, and 25k fans, abysmal.

I agree with what you said about the ref, I think he was the one that sent Scholes off in the 1st leg vs Roma last year and didn't let the game flow at all.

no, he reffed our game i think...unless he did two in two?

I was pleased with the Man Utd game. A point in portugal is always a good point. Van Der Sar was great as well, good to see him back to his best.

3 is better :D. Vds' save towards the end was stunnin. Good win for Rangers, thought Sevilla could have given **** more of a game. Shaktar spent 30m? :eek:

w00t 8-0. One of the funniest matches I've seen in a while, it was just like playing Derby. Told you all Voronin would pwn this season.

The ref had a relatively good game for a european match, shame he never booked some of the Besiktas players for blatant dives though.

Yeh not a bad win for you. We were great in Kiev and hopefully we can do that at OT as well. Hopefully Rangers can get another good point in Barca tonight.

WP to Celtic yday, that challenge on Scott Brown was sick, imo challenges like that should get really heavily punished.

I missed it, got youtube link for the challenge?

Dirty ****. He deserves a huge ban! Who was it?

Binya, whoever he is.

Another 4 for us tonight, great stuff, through already, plus we rested some players. Rangers are in Europe whatever as well so well done to them

Yeah man utd played well tonight, nice to see Pique starting and grabbing a goal, Nani looked good too. Champions league doesnt look to bad this season.

Why is David Pleat allowed within 10 feet of a commentary box? 'Patrick' Evra, Carlos 'Tev-iz'. Jesus, he's awful.

On the plus side, Ronaldo's free-kick was delightful, even if the decision was dodgy. His celebration after it of just the arrogant shrug and smile was classic :wub:. Saha's performance was a bit on the cack side, another good one from Anderson though.

He also seems to think there is a Ronaldo playing at Barca that has lost some of his pace, I don't understand how he has a job. Listen to Tottenham games he is commentating on, the ammount of times he says Chimbomba is unreal. The funny thing is his co-commentator says Chimbonda straight after and he still has no ******* clue he's saying it wrong.

So, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, most likely Liverpool and Rangers and possibly Celtic if results go their way in the last 16. Not bad.

good to see the brit sides doing ok tonight. The score flattered Liverpool after watching them. Good win for Chelski and Celtic got lucky..AGAIN. Liverpool and Celtic will be tough but i hope both can get through and surely rangers can nick a point at home to Lyon.