appoxplayer

Reaction score
I've won promotion to the BPL for the first time and haven't won a game yet. I've added some top quality (compared to what I had) players but it'll obviously take some time for them to settle properly, while that happens I'm struggling and as a result everyone has negative morale.

How the **** do you fix this when I still have one of the worst squads in the league?!

My starting line-up right now is:

Wiese
Jara, Fazio, Hobbs, Rowe
Pererya, Cohen
Ince, Koo, Paterson/Miyaichi
Makienok (Got 43 goals in championship, yet to score in BPL)

It's a decent squad with some young players that have alot of potential. But how do I fix this morale problem?

Have you tried talking to the team? I found that if you encourage them they win back some of their morale.

It depends a lot on what you say in the pre-match team talk. Don't set expectations too high. Tell them you have faith in their abilities to give them confidence and don't be too critical at half-time and full-time or morale will drop a lot. After 5 (I think) games, you can have a team meeting to raise morale as well.

It depends a lot on what you say in the pre-match team talk. Don't set expectations too high. Tell them you have faith in their abilities to give them confidence and don't be too critical at half-time and full-time or morale will drop a lot.

I normally leave the team talks to the assistant so I'll try that, I managed to beat Everton 3-2 after they missed a pen right near the end and then beat Southampton 1-0 right at the death so they helped, I have a run of fixtures against similar rated teams coming up so hopefully I can get some points of them too.

Using a more defensive tactic, especially when you are playing away or against a bigger team, might give you some more success. 4-2-3-1 is pretty bold if you have a weak team. Just a thought. Good luck.

Have a team meeting and give them a little pep talk. Not even the team talk before the match, but I mean a team meeting. As well morale will rise with the results. You could have some unhappy players who are affecting the morale, check to see if there is and then address them individually.

eg MAKENOK - You say he hasnt been scoring. Have a chat with him tell him you have faith. Usually works well.

Well, my luck has definitely changed, now in March and I just beat Man City 4-2 and am 7th in the BPL after a poor start with 3 losses in a row then draws.

eg MAKENOK - You say he hasnt been scoring. Have a chat with him tell him you have faith. Usually works well.

Makienok is second in the scoring charts with 21 goals just behind Suarez's 24 which I didn't expect after only getting 4 in the first 10 games, I dropped him for Sigporsson who wasn't performing either, bought Makienok on at HT vs Spurs and he got a hat trick and since then has been great.

Koo has been the standout performer and I struggled through January when he was on international duty, not sure what it was for. I guess S. Korea are in some sort of Asian Cup thing?

Last edited: