markgray86

Reaction score
Currently 6th and the board have given me £21m to spend. I am scoring a fair few goals, got 33 goals in 20 games but i have conceded 35 goals! So i think i need to improve my defence.

I have bought Matthew Ryan the goalkeeper so hopefully he will improve things slightly.

Any ideas would be great, thanks

Isimat-Mirin from PSV is a solid CB - a poor man's Virgil Van Dijk, basically. He can be picked up for under £3m.

Josue from Vitoria is another good CB, but will cost slightly more at between £6-9m.

If you have 21m, don't be afraid to spend it as I see loads of people who get the money and don't spend it on the best quality they ca afford. go out and buy a 15-20m defender and the likes of steve cook and simon francis are good enough to make the summer. Diego Llorente was one of my favourite buys in the game as a CB.

Michael Keane is youngish English and a rock. Or Lemos from Las Palmas.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Agree with the above splash out, better buying tried and tested than cheap and risky. Find out where you concede most of your goals because it could be your defenders are being beat for pace, maybe your wing backs aren't covering enough or getting back.