Reaction score
I have a save with Everton, finished 4th and won the FA Cup. I am currently looking to get the Arsenal job as they finished 8th and Wenger may retire or be sacked. If this fails I will start a new game and take charge at the Gooners because the Everton save was only to get me used to the game.

I have a list of Wonderkids, Bargains and Proven stars made up already but I would like some recommendations as to what formation suits Arsenal best in this game.
I normally play a DLP, AP and BWM with two wingers or IF's. But with the likes of Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott, The OX and Podolski I would like to try incorporate them into my side or sell/replace certain players to allow my formation to work.

Has anyone got GK, RB, ST or any other good recommendations please?

Gav.

valdes is a free at end of season , callum chambers or allan nyom for right back , lewandowski for striker or use yaya sanogo hes really good despite the attributes and carlos vela , also cladio yacob is very good for a ball winner along with diame

valdes is a free at end of season , callum chambers or allan nyom for right back , lewandowski for striker or use yaya sanogo hes really good despite the attributes and carlos vela , also cladio yacob is very good for a ball winner along with diame

Cheers. Valdes is definitely somebody I will be looking at, Claudio Jacob is an Arsenal player in my Everton save so that looks like a good idea aswel.

Hey.

I had a quick play through with Arsenal on FMC to get me used to the game so here's my opinion on the squad.

A new BWM is a must for me, I got Lars Bender for around ?20 mil and was well worth it for me. I don't think another GK is needed, Szczesny is pretty good and has the potential to be no1 for a long time.

At RB Sagna was still pretty good for me but I got Antony Riverelle (can't remember the spelling right now. He's a 33 year old French RB and can get him on a free transfer, he was a good back up for me as I didn't feel jenkinson was good enough.

For your ST (if you're playing one up top) Giroud was great for me! Got me around 30 goals, will double check the exact amount later. However a back up is needed. When he was injured for a few months I really struggled. I did bring in Carlos vela for 3.4 mill (but back clause) but I couldn't get him playing well at all so mainly used sanogo as back up. If you can get vela playing well he's a steal at 3.4 but I couldn't so have a look around for another deal if you can.

I didn't get one but another CB for back up would've helped. I was a bit short at the back at some points due to injury. I've seen people recommend balanta but I never used him. Supposedly turns into one of the best CBs on this game.

That's my view on the 1st season squad anyway. Let me know how you get on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey.

I had a quick play through with Arsenal on FMC to get me used to the game so here's my opinion on the squad.

A new BWM is a must for me, I got Lars Bender for around ?20 mil and was well worth it for me. I don't think another GK is needed, Szczesny is pretty good and has the potential to be no1 for a long time.

At RB Sagna was still pretty good for me but I got Antony Riverelle (can't remember the spelling right now. He's a 33 year old French RB and can get him on a free transfer, he was a good back up for me as I didn't feel jenkinson was good enough.

For your ST (if you're playing one up top) Giroud was great for me! Got me around 30 goals, will double check the exact amount later. However a back up is needed. When he was injured for a few months I really struggled. I did bring in Carlos vela for 3.4 mill (but back clause) but I couldn't get him playing well at all so mainly used sanogo as back up. If you can get vela playing well he's a steal at 3.4 but I couldn't so have a look around for another deal if you can.

I didn't get one but another CB for back up would've helped. I was a bit short at the back at some points due to injury. I've seen people recommend balanta but I never used him. Supposedly turns into one of the best CBs on this game.

That's my view on the 1st season squad anyway. Let me know how you get on :)

Thanks for your reply.
I do think the starting line up can be a success and there are options across the midfield.
I have seen Balanta being recommended and his stats 3/4 seasons in and he is top class, in past games I always signed Fellaini (obviously not available due to playing for the Scum) so Bender may be an alternative option, is M'Villa an option??

Upfront Vela at that price is a must for back up alone but I might try get the likes of Gabriel Barbosa, Fierro, Benzia or Mitrovic.
What formation did you try out, any tips for getting the best out of Ozil and Cazorla??

I play a 4-4-1-1.

Ill post some screen shots tomorrow night when I get a chance.
I played Ozil CAM in the trequartista role. He's well suited to a few roles, I've seen some people say he's very good as a shadow striker but I haven't tried it out yet.

Sadly Cazorla was mainly only back-up for me as Ozil is so good. But playing so many games a season (presuming good runs in cups) he gets plenty of games.

M'Villa should be good enough for the team, I just went for Bender because I wanted a player already near his potential who was very good as that was the position I wanted to strengthen the most. aswell. There are quite a few options for a BWM, Diame from west ham is available quite cheap as well. Who you going for?

Think I might start a new Arsenal save as I powered through the "trial" game quite quickly so might start a slower long-term save. Will let you know how I get on if I do.