2-8-0 The future of football

I've tried to male something like this, but was wiped by any team. Will try it!

HERE'S my RESUL!!! RESUT IS AWESOME!!!!!!
View image: 2 8 0 TACTIC
A lot of chances and a lot of shoots on goal.

I scored 3 long ranges, 1 from corner, 1 from free kick and JUST 1 from clear pass game. BUT opponet just CANT Get the ball...POSSESION IS AWESOME!!!

Might need to reduce the long shots if you're having 15 long shots out of 24 shots.

Ok....after i reduced long shots and a few other things, i played DRAW against Braga and Vit.Guimares. My possesion was 55% and my team played bad. I don't know why.... Just in this match View image: 2 8 0 TACTIC was excellent.
i noticed that wingers just dont have solution...they often shot on goal cause they dont have anyone to pass him tha ball...

I think that this tactis might be awesome, but its still need a lot of tweeks to do.

Ok....after i reduced long shots and a few other things, i played DRAW against Braga and Vit.Guimares. My possesion was 55% and my team played bad. I don't know why.... Just in this match View image: 2 8 0 TACTIC was excellent.
i noticed that wingers just dont have solution...they often shot on goal cause they dont have anyone to pass him tha ball...

I think that this tactis might be awesome, but its still need a lot of tweeks to do.

because you was against an awful team...

I think it needs some changes, but it definatly has the potential there. You need the right squad to be able to use it, which I dont really have.

well this is my tactic and I created it for my League 2 Rotherham team and it seems to be working a treat. I am the first to admit there are probably a few tweaks that can be done but I think that would be done club specific

HERE'S my RESUL!!! RESUT IS AWESOME!!!!!!
View image: 2 8 0 TACTIC
A lot of chances and a lot of shoots on goal.

I scored 3 long ranges, 1 from corner, 1 from free kick and JUST 1 from clear pass game. BUT opponet just CANT Get the ball...POSSESION IS AWESOME!!!

I am glad you are liking my tactics. is it still working for you? anytweaks you have made to it?

well... this tactic has a great potential but just 2 matches were excellent...in other 7 games i won just 3 times...and possesion was 50 - 50 which should be it's best weapon.

I think that the problem is in midfielders players because no one is going forward...wingers just dont have solution in attack
* probably, we should put WIDE PLAY: MOVE INTO CHANELS or CUT INSIDE for some players (especially midfielders)

well... this tactic has a great potential but just 2 matches were excellent...in other 7 games i won just 3 times...and possesion was 50 - 50 which should be it's best weapon.

I think that the problem is in midfielders players because no one is going forward...wingers just dont have solution in attack
* probably, we should put WIDE PLAY: MOVE INTO CHANELS or CUT INSIDE for some players (especially midfielders)

its strange because on my game my wingers are having stonking seasons. when the left winger is on the wing the right winger moves into the center and vice versa. i'm under no illusion that my tactic is percect and there are probably loads of tweaks that can be done. it may work better on mine as i am in a lower league and the standard of teams isn't as good

Well the tactic had its night. Beat Barcalona 2-0 in the league, however I've lost to Madrid 3-0 (although I was forced to play my reserve keeper due to an injury). Playing a different formation alot due to having a top quality striker.

Well the tactic had its night. Beat Barcalona 2-0 in the league, however I've lost to Madrid 3-0 (although I was forced to play my reserve keeper due to an injury). Playing a different formation alot due to having a top quality striker.

The big problem with this tactic is that you leave very good players out of the tactic. for example, Higuain and Benzema.

For me it left out Llorente, who is one of my best players. I'm going to try it with my United save, which is in 2022, so my team is far superior to my Athletic Bilbao squad.

For me it left out Llorente, who is one of my best players. I'm going to try it with my United save, which is in 2022, so my team is far superior to my Athletic Bilbao squad.

try tactic and tell u sthe results. This tactic has a great potential.

Just been through the World Cup (which I won with England :D ) so I'm now getting back to managing United, ready to test out the tactic. Will report back when I've given it a few goes.

In pre-season I had games against Porto, CSKA Moscow and Brighton (the bigger names), and I've found this tactic needs a lot of improvement.

Vs. Porto, we won 1-0, which was a 91st minute winner. Didnt really dominate possession, 50-50, but too many long shots.

Vs. Moscow, 0-0, got dominated in possession, 33-67, and really struggled.

Vs. Brighton, 1-0, but again we struggled to really dominate the game.

Needs a LOT of tweaking in my opinion.

it does seem to be very hit and miss. in my rotherham save i am 22 games into the season and unbeaten using it but my possesion varies from getting dominated and winning still to having close to 85% possesion. passes completed is generally 85% plus which is very good for a league 2 side. Despite this being my tactic I know there are loads of ways it can be improved and I have been tweaking throughout the season. It was just when Klinsmann and Vialli said a 2-8-0 tactic it just started something ticking over in my brain. I have alos been trying to replicate a good 3 at the back formation but it seems very hard on this version of FM. I think i read in an interview with one of scouts for the game that on the next version this will be fixed

It seems like against teams much weaker, you can easily dominate, but against teams that are around the same level as you, it ends up with being on the back foot alot. If it can be tweaked to dominate the bigger teams, the way Spain do, then it could be an almost unstoppable tactic.

I'll certainly be trying to tweak it in cup games, and then once again in pre-season next year to try and bring out the best in this tactic.

#2-3-2-3-0#

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Limited defender (x)-------ball playing defender (s)

wing back (auto)-----------anchor man (d)-----------wing back (auto)

deep lying playmaker (s)-------advanced playmaker (s)

inside forward (s)-----------attacking midfielder (s)-----------inside forward (s)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

philosophy : very fluid
mentality : control
focus passing : mixed
width : normal
passing : shorter
tempo : very slow (0 point)
time wasting : 0 point

Deep lying playmaker and attacking midfielder, set mentality to defensive, 5-8 point
all team must run from deep set to often, except 2 defenders...
all team must through ball set to sometimes, except Limited defender, deep lying playmaker set to often
limited defender with less flair and creativity, set creative freedom to 0 point

::training focus::
- pre seasson : teamwork (very high)
- on seasson : attacking movement (average),

corner kick : shorter, player with very good decision must in shorter position

all players except 2 defenders must have good anticipation, concentration, off the ball, flair, technique, creativity and passing (passing is very important to make through ball, player with poor passing set through ball to rarely)

prefered move : comes deep to get ball, play one two's for all players except 2 defender and 2 wing back...

I hope with this formation you can create many triangles and create space for other teammates...:)

Back