2 common and yet unrealistic situations that occur very often

salviano

Reaction score
Guys, there are 2 very unrealistic things that happen all the time not only in this year's FM but also in the previous ones. I'd like to see if you agree with me so we could suggest some changes for the upcoming versions.

1) When you manage a medium or small club in the top national league, the matches against the biggest clubs always take place in a row. And there's more: if you're playing a continental tournament table sets its matches right before, right after or between the most difficult matches in the league. It increases the difficulty for underdogs greatly, but that's far from being realistic, since it happens every single season. For example: as Udinese manager, matches against Juventus, Napoli, Inter and Milan are always next to each one, and when I'm qualified to Europa League, between Juventus and Milan there's a match for the continental tournament. Does it happen too frequently with you too?

2) This second situation has just happened to me and I can remember this is not the first time. I am managing Braga, in Portugal, in the 34th round (the last one). We have 78 points and Porto have 77, and we are the only ones who can get to be champions this season. So we only depend on ourselves to get the trophy and we're playing Belenenses at home. We beat them 4-1 and the players leave the field like it is just another match. I think in these situations, that final game should be played like a "gold medal point". Players should get more nervous (which in fact happens) and should celebrate their win like they were winning a final cup match (this doesn't happen). It seems the game can't comprehend the entire situation because it kinda waits for the other results to declare you champion, but everyone who looks at the table before the match starts see that the only thing you need is to win it... and you made it. So why wait? Celebration should take place in the field in the same way it happens in the cups.

What do you tell me? I'm sorry for the poor English.

1. You are very correct about the schedulling. But its not only for medium or small clubs. The schedulling does tend to cram difficult matches unrealistically close to each other whereas a lot of times you have weeks between matches (much more than you would need for international matches. Some countries are (much) worse than others. eg try managing in Argentina where its usual to have 3 matches in days.

2. You re right on your second point also but its not v important.

Point one is valid in every country I've managed in at the moment I'm managing Nurnberg in 2018/19 season in the 2 seasons I've been in top flight( won promotion 1st season) I've had Bayern Dortmund and Leverkusen in a row both seasons and its always away Bayern away Dortmund h Leverkusen that can't be right

This is dire in the premier league, facing around 5/8 of the top clubs consecutively

Only play LLM so I hadn't noticed it but it's interesting to know about.