2 questions i never got round to asking before

InValide jr

Reaction score
been playing fm a long time but theres 2 things that have allways bugged me and i've never botherd to ask untill now,

1) freekicks, am i correct in thinking a right footed player should take the freekick on the left side and vice versa? or if hes leftfooted should he take the left side freekicks? - this has allways confused me as im not quite sure what they mean! i just kinda wing it atm with my best FK taker on both sides regardless and i dont seem to score many freekicks with a 18 FK taker :/.

2) Training staff stars, if my staff are rated at 3.5 stars will this mean i cant really train a player over that sort of rating regardless of his potential? or does it just effect the speed of ca reaching his pa (providing he is playing games ofcourse).

Many thanks InValid

2. I think it affects what how quickly and if they will reach their PA.
1. To score you need stats like Decisions, finishing, Long shots and composure, to increase the chance of scoring free kicks.

1) From my experience, left footed players always seem to score from left side and vice versa. Never seen that left footed player scored from right side. However, it seems that left footed players take corners better from the right side and vice versa.
2) It affects, like Lynbrook1 said, speed of progress. But also, it affects and quality of training. It doesn't mean player can't reach his potential, it means he could ( progress mainly depends on Ambition, Work rate, Determination and Professionalism) reach it, but it will take longer and quality ( lets say you place player in 'Poacher' training schedule ( ts). That ts has 'Shooting' to intense. Normally, that player would develop finishing and long shots faster and that two attributes would take most of his PA. But in this case, he would develop those attributes more slowly and not so accurate) of training should be reduced.

Hope I cleared this :)

awesome number 2 is sorted for me but im still confused by 1 anyone else have much exp in scoring freekicks with players leftfoot/leftside ectra?

in my experience it does not matter which foot takes the kick from what side if you have the right attributes
these 2 guys have similar attributes View attachment 228350View attachment 228351
but Lukina scores way more then Tercio, its probably because he has better long shots and flair
so in my opinion the player needs to have good FK attribute, decisions, composure, creativity, tecnique, long shots, maybe even flair to score on a regular basis,
lukina scores around 10 each year for me

2. its probably an indicator that ur players improve faster, but you can have a coach who is 5 stars and your young players will not improve much if his working with youngsters is low